03 Cobra baseline Dyno

mebetter

Established Member
I just got my cobra dyno'd it's stock other than k&n intake and jba mufflers. It put down the following untuned. :eek:
stockuntuneddyno_zps9463bf80.jpg

I was expecting 360-370 rwhp but I'll take it. :rockon: :dancenana:

My old 05 gto with shorty headers, cai, full exhaust, ported intake, and tune made 373 rwhp on the same dyno.

Last edited:

mebetter

Established Member
Ported blower, 2.76 pulley, and tune are already on order! Gotta step my game up with all these stock 5.0's running around going 10's on street tires :)

itSSlow98

Established Member
Is that running on the lean side from 3500 to 4750? Looks like 13.6-14:1.

Its running stupidly lean throughout the entire rpm range. I would just hope the wideband is not accurate or you better not go more then 1/2 throttle until you get a tune. Boosted motors shouldnt see leaner then 11.5-11.8

Last edited:

mebetter

Established Member
Good eye guys! It was running 13.0 untuned for most of the run which is way too lean. I then had it detuned to a safer a/f ratio and it made 410 rwhp and 386 rwtq.

ctgreddy

Established Member
that's also std numbers, pretty much all dyno's use sae corrections which would also make it lower, prolly under 400whp. I wonder why it's so lean with just an intake, i wouldn't assume it would lean it out that much.

mebetter

Established Member
I've always dyno'd my gto there and it put down average number 335 stock and 370 with full exhaust, tune, and ported intake. For the gto I always thought the numbers were a little low. Maybe the dyno just likes Fords?:shrug: Regardless the car certainly runs harder than the GTO so i'll take it either way :rockon:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
the stock flash is pretty fat up top with normal timing, it's odd to be that lean with the
K&N intake? Nice #'s OP just get a good tune and buy an in car wideband gauge...
I might still have a new in box AEM at the shop I'll check if interested..

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I think you should take it to another dyno...that seems quite a bit on the high side

Not really.. 100% stock my 03 Cobra made 372 hp.. Intake and exhaust really wake these cars up. Look what Hot Rod TV got for power gains on the Terminator they did a while back.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Ported blower, 2.76 pulley, and tune are already on order! Gotta step my game up with all these stock 5.0's running around going 10's on street tires :)

Nice baseline numbers....but you're going to need A LOT more then a ported Eaton & 2.76" upper to run 10's :rockon: ... this combo good for the 11.5 to 11.7 et zone, depending on weight & driver!

Good luck :burnout:

bad93svt

Established Member
^^^ take advice from this guy.... He has personal experience w/making an eaton runs 10s... :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread