03 cobra alternator

Anabolic

Banned
i don't know but i'll tell you they're a pain in the ass for people who never did them before...

THEN super easy when you realise the alternator bracket is a seperate peice and only takes 5 minutes to ratchet off!

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
you need to get a larger pulley put on the alternator, so it isnt being overspun quite so bad. that will make it last much longer. lethal performance sells them, as well as a few other places.

Quagmire

Established Member
^^^ Jimmy didn't you know if you force current into the alternator it produces torque....

Anabolic

Banned
hey! remember the old 2v with the "underdrive" pully set, they managed to give you a larger water pump/alt and smaller crank to make it spin faster "underdrive" lol

and add stickers! i just put them summit stickers on my car and added like 50 horsepower! :kaboom:

Last edited:

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
sooo could you use a larger alt pully to run more boost from blower? almost like a "underdrive" pully kit for the gts?

nope. the only pulleys that will have an effect on how much boost the blower is pushing would be the blower pulley itself, and of course the lower/crank pulley.

=]

Patriot Guy

Established Member
LOL!! You guys are not being nice.
I have the lower pulley and smaller S/C setup and use the larger alternator pulley to try and extend the alternator life. It has worked, but as others on this post have stated, it only extends the life and that only really works if you are not runnig the car at high RPMS. Hope this helps.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
LOL!! You guys are not being nice.
I have the lower pulley and smaller S/C setup and use the larger alternator pulley to try and extend the alternator life. It has worked, but as others on this post have stated, it only extends the life and that only really works if you are not runnig the car at high RPMS. Hope this helps.

I also did the 3.2 Metco alt pulley AND lowered my rev limiter back down since I had been running it up to 7 for a brief period of time.

knightrida5

Established Member
Well I have an issue and need some help. I have done the alternator pulley and have lost the spacer for it. any suggestions?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Measure the stock spacer that is on the stock pulley and go to the hardware store and buy a drill bushing that is the same size. Or buy a new pulley.

Good luck.

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Stocker lasted 80k miles, 1/2 way through my 2nd season on my FordRacing 130a .... Been flawless. Performs better then anything else that's been bolted up, I've tried them all.

I have a new in box one (spare) if someon is interested.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Just because your alt hasn't failed, doesn't mean it's working properly.
I drive my car mostly on weekends, and was wondering why my battery would be dead if I didnt start it one weekend. i still have the stock alternator, but try and check what it's
Really putting out. I bet your alternator is working but not charging correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread