'03 Cobra - 1st Dyno Run

apollo7

Established Member
Have some modifications planned, thought I'd get a baseline run. Was pleased with results:

[video]https://youtu.be/z97Pz4_-KBY[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueline

Established Member
Look and sounds great. But you basically have a bone stock car w/ cat back and intake and made 450? No port or other mods? Where was the pull made? Are you sure there aren't other mods if you just bought the car?

badjuicedgt

Established Member
That's either a generous dyno or like others said more mods that you weren't told about which I could see since that's what happened to my car,or you have one of those factory freaks.One thing is for sure the car looks and sounds good.

MysticRob

Established Member
Nice #s.
"Stock blower" must mean pullied and tuned to be making 450hp with exhaust and intake. Either that's an extremely happy dyno or you need to measure that blower pulley and figure out who tuned it.

apollo7

Established Member
I've had the car since new (12 years), so the only mods are the ones I made (K&N intake, cat-back exhaust). It was a Dynojet @ DGR Performance in Dillsburg, PA. I think picked up the extra HP due to the exterior temp (25 degrees that day) and am pretty much at sea level. I think on a hot day that might have been 420HP.

Picked up a Whipple 2.9 so wanted to see where I was starting. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I've had the car since new (12 years), so the only mods are the ones I made (K&N intake, cat-back exhaust). It was a Dynojet @ DGR Performance in Dillsburg, PA. I think picked up the extra HP due to the exterior temp (25 degrees that day) and am pretty much at sea level. I think on a hot day that might have been 420HP.

Picked up a Whipple 2.9 so wanted to see where I was starting. Will keep you all posted.

Sounds like you have a strong motor, I see 700 with that 2.9 in your future..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't wait to see how much power you make with the new Whipple 2.9 you bought. Definitely keep us posted. :)

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That 25 degree weather definitely helped. Are those sae or std dyno numbers?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
For what he is doing, a before and after, this is fine. My only question is what was the boost number in that air? Bdubbs covered my other question already.

apollo7

Established Member
The results

Got the car back...

2.9L whipple (non-crusher), 3.5" pulley, stainless works headers, x pipe with cats, LP budget fuel system, 80lb injectors, 93 Octane tune
716 HP 597 lb/ft, 16 degrees of timing, not sure about the boost (stock whipple is 13psi?)

[video]https://youtu.be/qPBn6nLHN5M[/video]

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Got the car back...

2.9L whipple (non-crusher), 3.5" pulley, stainless works headers, x pipe with cats, LP budget fuel system, 80lb injectors, 93 Octane tune
716 HP 597 lb/ft, 16 degrees of timing, not sure about the boost (stock whipple is 13psi?)

You have either the strongest stock motor to come off the Terminator line or your tuner has one seriously happy dyno - I'm going with the latter. The tq\hp spread also supports this, 120 spread is not typical on these cars with a twin screw.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Got the car back...

I'm Clairvoyant see post #7!:coolman: Congrats..

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Got the car back...

Nice !
Way more power then me and I am on e85 and more timing

apollo7

Established Member
You have either the strongest stock motor to come off the Terminator line or your tuner has one seriously happy dyno - I'm going with the latter. The tq\hp spread also supports this, 120 spread is not typical on these cars with a twin screw.

View attachment scan0007.pdf

I think that max power number is a little off, take a look at the slope of the line right at 6300-6500, it bumps. I spoke with Dave at DGR about this and I wonder now if the real number is probably closer to 700. Anyhow, wasn't chasing a number more about performance feel. I autocross the car more than drag race it.

I like the recent post about the cooling tanks, I didn't install new ones. I think I have to before I lose power after a few minutes of hard running. Killer Chiller was on my list, but didnt do it this go around.

Thanks

MG0h3

Established Member
jeebus......im hoping for those numbers on E85 and 21-22 psi

the 3.5 is the stock pulley. Usually right around 17-18 PSI at sea level.

Users who are viewing this thread