03-04 Terminator Value vs Mileage

black 10th vert

Established Member
You sold a 67 mustang fastback in order to get a 03/04 cobra:nonono:

The 03/04 cobra is a great car and should be driven and not saved for value.If anyone thinks the cobra will gain value like the classic cars of many years ago is foolish.It is also getting out done in power & looks every year by the GT500 and NEW 5.0

NOTHING about the 03/04 cobra makes it collectable it is a modern performance car

Well, everyone has their own opinions on this subject, but I think you are high. Big deal if cars get faster, or perform better every year. It has been that way throughout not only Mustang history, but also car history in general. Even comparing the Shelby GT500, or iconic Boss 429, they are all out performed by even a bone stock Terminator - so what does that prove? They were all "special" versions of the Mustang platform as is the Terminator. It was also not only the forerunner of what became the new GT500, but also the last true SVT vehicles. Obviously you have some sort of penis envy, or something since you don't own one yourself...

jimbob8915

Established Member
LEAKDOWN test, not mileage determines if it was beat up or not. When I went for my dyno tune my tuner pulled all the plugs an did a compression check. At 84k I did have cylinders 7&8 low at 155 psi while the other cylinders were at 170-175, Yea, yea I got two bad cylinders but went ahead with the tune cause I wanted to (bad valve guides?). The guy after me came in with his pristine 04 white convertible Cobra @ 22k miles he had just bought. Tuner did compression check, 7&8 130 psi. Tuner also told me after doing driveability check that the rear end in that Cobra was very jacked because it clunked hard when put into gear. All I am saying is that some peoples low mileage cars were thier Sunday beat the crap out of them cars. Low mileage is not always a indication of use no abuse. IMHO.

4valvemach

Established Member
Well, everyone has their own opinions on this subject, but I think you are high. Big deal if cars get faster, or perform better every year. It has been that way throughout not only Mustang history, but also car history in general. Even comparing the Shelby GT500, or iconic Boss 429, they are all out performed by even a bone stock Terminator - so what does that prove? They were all "special" versions of the Mustang platform as is the Terminator. It was also not only the forerunner of what became the new GT500, but also the last true SVT vehicles. Obviously you have some sort of penis envy, or something since you don't own one yourself...

So because I said the cobra will not have as much value as a classic muscle car I have a penis envy or something:shrug:

Last edited:

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I'm planning on getting one very soon... The miles really don't bother me to much! I just don't want it to more than 80K. Don't plan to ever sell it. I've been wanting one for too long...It's time!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
The 03/04 cobra is a great car and should be driven and not saved for value.If anyone thinks the cobra will gain value like the classic cars of many years ago is foolish.It is also getting out done in power & looks every year by the GT500 and NEW 5.0

Look at the current sale prices pristine 1993 Cobras are fetching, and those cars aren't even 20 years old yet.

Just sayin'...

black 10th vert

Established Member
So because I said the cobra will not have as much value as a classic muscle car I have a penis envy or something:shrug:

No, it was just an expression, like "fox and the sour grapes". Honestly, none of us are fortune tellers, but I can see no reason why these cars would be any less desirable, or collectible than any other "special Mustang". Like anything popular, many will be wrecked, hacked, or otherwise diminished in number, resulting in high premiums being paid for the remaining examples... it's not rocket science!;-)

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You sold a 67 mustang fastback in order to get a 03/04 cobra:nonono:

NOTHING about the 03/04 cobra makes it collectable it is a modern performance car

i agree with what the others have written, and think you are dead wrong on this.

while no one can predict the future, history has shown this. i am a little bit too young have been involved in the first muscle car era, but from what i have read and been told by those who have, they were thinking the same thing back then.

in other words, in 1974 they were saying the exact same thing you just did about his 1967 mustang.

and still not sure - what do the available options have to do with it?

SpectorV

Established Member
keep in mind 03 cobras are getting OLD (8 years) if you say 10k average (which is below real average) thats 80k!

I say a cobra with average miles right now is 17k if in good shape (coupe) say 700 more for an 04 maybe 1000 more. Vert add another 1000~

Users who are viewing this thread