03-04 Eaton blower on 99&01

Status
Not open for further replies.

01 Venom

Established Member
Something fishy about that post, find another deal, he has two different blowers in the pic

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
glad i wasn't the only one that saw that. i had to keep looking to see if i was just crazy or what lol.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Can you avoid having to do any splicing by using the 03 computer and engine harness?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
there isn't any splicing to do anyway. the only thing different is wiring the intercooler pump, and thats as simple as running the positive to a key on/off fuse, and grounding the negative.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
So there is no need to use the 03 computer and harness? I thought I read somewhere that you had to splice a couple things...I will look again.
Thanks

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
hmm, well as far as i can remember there was only two wiring things that needed to be done:

1. sensor with the two vac lines coming from the egr tube had to be extended. nothing to it, cut and add a section of line to each wire(3 total) since the mounting location of that sensor moves further away.

2. the intercooler pump like i mentioned before.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Ok, I mounted the 03 ecu and will use the 03 engine harness, rest will be stock.

Isnt there an issue being the 03 has two IAC temp sensors?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I guess my question should read is....I am using the 04 cobra ECU and the 04 Cobra engine harness. So it has the plugs to run both. Will the computer read both being I am using the factory 04 cobra harness and Ecu?

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Ok...I have the 04 ecu, ecu harness, and the engine harness all installed. All plugs mate perfectly...well except one.

On the passenger side near the computer, the 04 ecu harness has a grey 2-wire plug. The wires are Green with a yellow strip.
I looked on the harness that goes to the rear of the car ( seats, rear stereo, fuel pump, etc.....

Are these just ground wires for something?
Any ideas?

Thanks

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
This is the connector I need to I dentify. If I cant figure it out I will have to go ahead and swap out the body harness.
connector2.gif

Both wires are Green with a Yellow strip.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

JaCobra

Eaton Powered
Established Member
This is the connector I need to I dentify. If I cant figure it out I will have to go ahead and swap out the body harness.
connector2.gif

Both wires are Green with a Yellow strip.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

thats the fuel pump wiring. I tried using the 03 04 cobra ecu harness but i think i would have to switch out the body harness as well and the dash harness. Im running the 01 cobra ecu harness with the 03 cobra engine harness.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Well I still have half my interior out from doing the dash harness. I will go ahead and swap out the body harness. May as well...lol

That way I will have the entire wiring in the car.

Thanks for your help!

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Last two issues and it will be 100% complete...

I swapped the entire wiring from the 04 to the 01, everything is plugged in except for two things.

The brake lights main harness has a different plug as well as the windsheild wiper motor.

The windsheild wiper motor doesnt concern me since I can just swap it out but can I just swap the plugs on for the brake lights. I am going to keep my 01 lights.

Thanks

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Does anyone have a vaccum diagram? I need to know where the lines go. I have all the engine/supercharger lines hooked up but I dont know where all the lines go once they reach the passenger side fender.

01 Venom

Established Member
There is an excellent diagram posted by rio if you do a search I have the same one in my thread.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
vacuum.jpg

A. larger vacuum port on the back of the blower, sees vacuum only
B. looks identical to (A) and is located directly under (A) by an inch or so, sees vacuum and boost. i used on of the holes in the elbow for this connection for my boost gauge.
C. top boost bypass connection. connects to the port circled in blue..
D. lower boost bypass connection(also circled in the same color in the lower picture), didn't use this at all as pressure in this port actually opens the bypass to bleed boost in higher rpms, which you don't want. most 03/04 guys take care of this issue electronically anyway..
E. fuel rail pressure sensor(FRPS)
F. can't remember the exact name for this, but i think it's an electronic component to the boost bypass, has two side vacuum ports and one on top. i plugged them into this, but we don't have the electronic connection so its kind of just there to pass air through...
G. EGR solenoid
H. there's a thread in elbow on the bottom of the lower intake, this hose connects that elbow and the n T's off. one end goes to the PCV valve on the driver side valve cover, the other goes to the largest vacuum port on the back of the blower.
I. vacuum connection for the top of the EGR valve(circled in green on both diagrams, and arrow pointing to EGR valve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread