03-04 Eaton blower on 99&01

Status
Not open for further replies.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Thanks...
What I am mainly looking for is the connections on the passenger side. I have figured out which ones are boost/vaccum, but there is a larger hose that I dont know where it goes.

Thanks for all the help!

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I just about have everything to do the swap on my Mach 1 and just have a few questions. Where is the IAT sensor located? I have the IAT2 sensor and plug but dont know if i need to use the IAT or IAT2.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
IAT is on the intake side near the MAF sensor.

IAT2 is on the drivers side of the blower.

If your only going to use one then use IAT2 which reads post supercharger air temps.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
I have everything to use the IAT2 so i guess thats the one im goin to use. Where do i wire the fours from the plug to?

SHELBY1962

Established Member
I already started collecting parts for a eaton swap on my "01 and was wondering about a few things
1- How much boost can a '01 safely handle do to the higher compression?
2- Are there any parts I'm better off buying new for reliability concerns.
3- Will the computer throw any codes? In New York it will not pass inspection if the check engine light is on or any codes are stored in memory. I have o run the original computer in the car, VIN number is read by DMV inspection.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
1) well you're not so much limited from the compression as you are the weak rods and pistons. if you're doing an eaton setup use the stock 3.65" pulley. you'll see 8-9psi and make 450-470rwhp with a ported blower.

2) not really. i mean as long as the blower is in like new condition, intercooler pump works, and hoses are all in good condition you should be fine. maybe get new belts if the 03/04 ones look worn.

3) the only codes that will be thrown are knock sensor related. something like "knock sensor malfunction" and maybe "over/under voltage" for both banks. obviously when you get your knock sensors turned off in your tune the codes will be gone forever.

SHELBY1962

Established Member
Eaton swap

I'm about 1/2 way into scrounging my swap parts and wondering if I really need everything listed.
Do I need to buy the throttle cable, cruise cable and bracket? By the looks of it they might reach, but it's hard to tell without putting it all together.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
they wouldn't be on the list if you didn't need them. don't skimp on this man. this is a blower setup on a car that will be on the streets, not a backyard oven made out of an old drier. you may be able to use the stock throttle cable, but the cruise cable needs to be an exact length. if it's not it'll be always pulling on the throttle, or have a ton of slack to take up when you use cruise. why in the world would you not use the bracket? you definitely need that.

Last edited:

01 Venom

Established Member
The only things I found you dont need is, the throttle body (01/03 same TB) and the fuel rails (they are also the same)

Everything else you need

Carbon Driven

Established Member
#20 on the second list is that the ps hard line and only one or all etc? We can reuse them as I have heard a slight modification will make our 99/01's work

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
You don't need the throttle body, lower intake gasket because you can just cut off the tabs you don't need. Fuel rails are the same and the stock power steering lines can be made to work.

Also the Lightning blower belt tensioner is the same as the 03 cobra, but if you call Ford for a cobra one they will say you have to buy the whole pulley bridge assy. The L one is available separate. I didn't have any codes or issues when mine was done. I called my tuner first and had him program and Xcal 3 for me. He set it up for my fuel setup, MAF, etc so the car would run and drive.

01 Venom

Established Member
yes the power steering can be made to work, I modified my system to work. However, I strongly recommend getting the 03 setup properly, its the right way to do it and it fits way better.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
yes the power steering can be made to work, I modified my system to work. However, I strongly recommend getting the 03 setup properly, its the right way to do it and it fits way better.
i'll second that. i set up another 99/01 with this blower setup and i did barely make the stock hard line contraption work. but we got ahold of a stock 03 one since i didn't want to risk it...so yes the stock lines can work, but definitely get the right ones if they're readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread