02 S/C saleen vs 10 Challenger SRT-8

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
So coming back from having a nice dinner with the wife I decide to romp on the mustang a little bit. I look in my rearview to see a B5 blue with black accents challenger SRT-8 following suit behind me. As we come across a bridge I slow down to 45 mph to get a look at my nemesis. A 50-60ish year old couple. All I see is the passenger woman fumbling around with a piece of paper. She then proceeds to slam the paper against the window and it reads "2fast4you". I was like "ahh hell no". Downshifted to second at 40mph. Now I will admit I hit the gas first on the initial jump (since there were no honks) but I walked this car all the way to 110 before I let off proving my point. Of course they ricer fly-by me to feel better. No matter what they should have spanked my ass with those words.

Moral of the story is just because your husband spent 45K+ on a car doesn’t mean it is 2fast4me. Also, make sure you can back up your words. :D

Still it surprised me that I beat it. 326rwhp and I had my A/C on vs a 4200lb 426hp challenger. Even with the weight difference I thought I was going to get beat.

Last edited:

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
nice kill....nothing like taking down a toolbag with his old lady in the car....

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
Nice Kill!!

I think it's hilarious when older people still mix things up like that. You should have posted a piece of paper back saying 'Show us your tits.'

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW, I cannot believe they actually had a piece of paper that said that, nice kill!

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
What have you had done to your Saleen? Or just kept it as is when you got it?

Well I got the extreme CAI, 75mm TB, 3.73's, and a XXX dyno tune. Luckily it had rained earlier and my IC water temps were around 120ish.

I was definitely surprised to say the least...

Next round of mods are midlength headers, pulley swap, then the extreme cooling mods to keep the s/c as cool as I can. That should put me around 380rwhp on the 2V.

Last edited:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
5 ltr. beater; said:
hey anyone raced those SRT-8 challengers from a dog or a roll? how quick are they?

Deceptively fast for their size from a roll. The problem is the auto cars come with 3.08 rear gears, combine that with the 20in wheels and it ends up with a long gear setup. However the advantage to that is once it gets moving it can play for a good bit before having to shift into OD.

My dad has a 2010 black one with a canned tune and at bradenton in the FL heat by just going up to the line with no burn out and the TC left on, the car still went 13.1x (it's a 100+ degrees actual temp here in FL ATM).

My point is the magazine numbers don't do these cars justice, they are alot meaner on the highway then at the 1/4. Nothing radical, but many people write them off as overweight buses, but seem to forget that long gearing in the rear end really pays off once your moving .

Good race, sounds like a lot of fun. I like driving the challenger since I find a lot more competition from the near stock mustangs, camaros and other srt products then I do when I take out the cobra.

itSSlow98

Established Member
good kill but two things....a/c shuts off at WOT, its a myth that it slows you down. and you quoted him at 426hp, thats at the motor, so figure around 340-360 max rwhp plus a few hundred pounds on you.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
good kill but two things....a/c shuts off at WOT, its a myth that it slows you down. and you quoted him at 426hp, thats at the motor, so figure around 340-360 max rwhp plus a few hundred pounds on you.

As I've found out from experience it doesn't disengage on ALL cars.. I've been in several cars that kept blowing the cold air throughout a WOT run and switching off the A/C made a major difference.

Ronin5.O

Established Member
As I've found out from experience it doesn't disengage on ALL cars.. I've been in several cars that kept blowing the cold air throughout a WOT run and switching off the A/C made a major difference.

yep. not all A/C compressors shut off at WOT. My RX7 does not, my ZX2 never did, and neither does my explorer. My 93 GT does i believe tho...

S8ER01Z

Established Member
yep. not all A/C compressors shut off at WOT. My RX7 does not, my ZX2 never did, and neither does my explorer. My 93 GT does i believe tho...

I know for sure the F-body does because both of my cars would start blowing hot air as soon as the pedal went to the floor and as soon as you would let off the gas you would hear the compressor engage again.

korizmo

I like Lamp
Established Member
My compressor doesn't shut off a WOT. Also you can feel a difference when it's off. Maybe not up top but around 3500/4000 rpms it feels sluggish.

Users who are viewing this thread