02 S/C saleen vs 10 Challenger SRT-8

boduke0220

Established Member
bahahaha atleast they raced you, most older people would have just putted on and not even romped it.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
As I've found out from experience it doesn't disengage on ALL cars.. I've been in several cars that kept blowing the cold air throughout a WOT run and switching off the A/C made a major difference.

thats because the freon is still circulating through the A/C at the temp you or your friend had it at. how long does a WOT run last? 10-12 secs?
you would have to be flooring it for at least a min straight without letting off to notice that the A/C isn't blowing anymore. (and who would like to find a stretch of road long enough to find that out?)
all A/C's disengage based on the position of the TB given by the TPS to facilitate acceleration.

Kewlv8

Established Member
Deceptively fast for their size from a roll. The problem is the auto cars come with 3.08 rear gears, combine that with the 20in wheels and it ends up with a long gear setup. However the advantage to that is once it gets moving it can play for a good bit before having to shift into OD.

The SRT8 has a 3:06 rear, but also the transmission is geared differently than the manual, so you cannot compare the 3:92 to the 3:06 directly. With 3:06's in the Auto, you are still nursing it off the line. You are right that second gear is a bit too long since the auto is a 5-speed vs. a 6-speed.

Deuuuce

Established Member
hey anyone raced those SRT-8 challengers from a dog or a roll? how quick are they?

Automatics have dead spots but will run low 13s with a 2.0 60ft. Trap speeds vary from 104 totally heat soaked and electronic nannys kicking in to 110mph in cold air, fully prepped.

The manuals don't seem to be as quick or fast. Tough to launch, manual shifting. Just a hair slower. 55-60mph is a great spot for the 5A to go from a roll.

Well I got the extreme CAI, 75mm TB, 3.73's, and a XXX dyno tune. Luckily it had rained earlier and my IC water temps were around 120ish.

Seems like a spot-on race to me, even if it was the quicker automatic. I would guess he was stock.

Deceptively fast for their size from a roll. The problem is the auto cars come with 3.08 rear gears, combine that with the 20in wheels and it ends up with a long gear setup.

1st is good to about 43mph, 2nd to 83mph or so, 3rd ends at 120mph.

My point is the magazine numbers don't do these cars justice, they are alot meaner on the highway then at the 1/4.

The big 3 magazines all ran 13.3 - 13.1s at 108-109mph in automatic SRT-8s.

good kill but two things....a/c shuts off at WOT, its a myth that it slows you down. and you quoted him at 426hp, thats at the motor, so figure around 340-360 max rwhp plus a few hundred pounds on you.

355-370rwhp. 340 would be a Mustang Dyno.

CoreyHM1

Established Member
nice kill, i ran a charger srt8 from a first gear ~20mph roll. I kept about a half car on him up until about 85+ i could see he may have started to pull on me if we hadn't shut down

Deuuuce

Established Member
nice kill, i ran a charger srt8 from a first gear ~20mph roll. I kept about a half car on him up until about 85+ i could see he may have started to pull on me if we hadn't shut down

With 268rwhp?!? lol! You running 4:10s and 500lb weight reduction?

Anything is possible on the street.

Last edited:

mysterio

Established Member
Nice Kill!!

I think it's hilarious when older people still mix things up like that. You should have posted a piece of paper back saying 'Show us your tits.'

Another sign the OP could have shown them after the beat down could have been: Now go change your Depends

CoreyHM1

Established Member
With 268rwhp?!? lol! You running 4:10s and 500lb weight reduction?

Anything is possible on the street.

haha i wish, only weight reduction i have would be hood and wheels. Stock gears. He had one passenger, i was pretty surprised at the outcome. You have one, what do those cars weigh?

Last edited:

Monster Mach

Established Member
my girlfriend didnt believe me that i destroy srt8s one day she saw yes i destroy srt8s i just kept on pulling... from a dead stop to a roll i couldnt lose to one...

Deuuuce

Established Member
haha i wish, only weight reduction i have would be hood and wheels. Stock gears. He had one passenger, i was pretty surprised at the outcome. You have one, what do those cars weigh?

4100lbs nearly empty. You trap 101-103mph with 268rwhp? Did he know you were racing?

Users who are viewing this thread