'02 Lightning versus '04 M3

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
quote by PhatSVT
Hey don't take to offense that your slow. Do something about it. :beer: Not being a dick, just trying to motivate. But these days if your not in the 10's or 11's, your slow! Trust me I have a hard time believing it as well, but I get my ass handed to me quite often. :(

I hear ya but it depends on what your talking about hear cause 13's for a pickup stock is not slow it is not the fastest but then shiat now a days people are modding the crap outta cars and I don't feel too bad when a guy with 50000 g's in his car beats my 30000 truck, ya know? So when that stock 40000 BMW M3 beats my stock 30000 truck buy a 1 1/2 car lengths I feel pretty good, cause for 10000 in mods I would kill a modded BMW M3. But I would never talk like this guy in the vid even if I did he is just an asshat!!!:lol:

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
Actually it's closer to $55,000.00, but regardless....I guess the same logic could apply to a $19,000.00 SRT-4 that will run right with a $30,000.00 Lightning stock for stock, and with $10,000.00 in mods would kill the Lightning. Or my neighbors 10 second LX that he's selling for $11,000.00 which would obviosuly kill a stock Lightning as well. Point being, the price of a car isn't always based solely on it's performance capabilities.

Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
quote by PhatSVT
So when that stock 40000 BMW M3 beats my stock 30000 truck buy a 1 1/2 car lengths I feel pretty good, cause for 10000 in mods I would kill a modded BMW M3. But I would never talk like this guy in the vid even if I did he is just an asshat!!!:lol:

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
Actually it's closer to $55,000.00, but regardless....I guess the same logic could apply to a $19,000.00 SRT-4 that will run right with a $30,000.00 Lightning stock for stock, and with $10,000.00 in mods would kill the Lightning. Or my neighbors 10 second LX that he's selling for $11,000.00 which would obviosuly kill a stock Lightning as well. Point being, the price of a car isn't always based solely on it's performance capabilities.

My point being was that L's are not that slow!

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
No down shift because his O/D was clicked off. Mine does the same. And yes, he talked shit and got walked. Pretty much what he deserved. But vid tape and choose your races wisely. Your in a friggin truck racing something made for speed!!!

PhatSVT

Established Member
True. My best friends '04 L has lots of trouble finding races since they have their reputation.

It's like my Granfather. He was looking to get a Roush stage 3, but guess what it's a Mustang and everyone has one. So he bought a CLK55 AMG and put an Eaton s/c on it.

Someone that doesn't know anything about roush see's the Mustang as a regular Mustang. Someone that see's you in a Benz and knows nothing about it, still is seeing you in a Benz. I guess that's where their price tags come from.

I don't know it's hard to justify people spending so much money for a car that only does a little more than the majority of the vehicles out there.

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cars are a status quo, the more expensive the better they are right, Mercedes 70000 for a good one, 55000 for an M3, I am sorry but I will stay with a mustang or L anyday and mod, just in case someone throws SRT4 in the mix again, F*** the little neons, its a dodge(mitsubishi), I'd rather have the regular mustang modded anyday. No offense to any Dodge boys but it's not your fault you have bad taste it is problably just in your genes.

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
Damn brother, all that hate.

Cars are a status quo, the more expensive the better they are right, Mercedes 70000 for a good one, 55000 for an M3, I am sorry but I will stay with a mustang or L anyday and mod, just in case someone throws SRT4 in the mix again, F*** the little neons, its a dodge(mitsubishi), I'd rather have the regular mustang modded anyday. No offense to any Dodge boys but it's not your fault you have bad taste it is problably just in your genes.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
Damn brother, all that hate.

No hate just think the srt4 is overrated and its a dodge, if I had the money those two cars you have in your sig would be in my driveway, but since I dont I'll keep buying stangs and L's. I have seen too many Dodge vehicles come through our shop with head gasket prob, throttles sticking, seats cloth coming off, etc. I know these problems happen with Ford I just haven't had that experience or seen too many do it.

M-Phibian

Established Member
I'm not a Dodge fan either, but I do respect what they've done with the SRT-4. I wish Ford would make the Focus a runner like that. I can't help but the like the Viper either.:thumbsup: But then I like lots of cars from all sorts of different manufacturers.

No hate just think the srt4 is overrated and its a dodge, if I had the money those two cars you have in your sig would be in my driveway, but since I dont I'll keep buying stangs and L's. I have seen too many Dodge vehicles come through our shop with head gasket prob, throttles sticking, seats cloth coming off, etc. I know these problems happen with Ford I just haven't had that experience or seen too many do it.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I wish they would drop the 4.6 mod in it like the prototype a few years back that would be bad ass, everyone would look at that thing like wtf, but I will give Dodge credit on the viper, very sweet looking car.

Users who are viewing this thread