'02 Lightning versus '04 M3

M-Phibian

Established Member
This coming from someone that needs a supercharger on his V-8 Mustang to beat a 3.2L I-6 at roughly the same weight.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PhatSVT
They aren't, stock Lightnings are just that slow.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member

haha coming from a GT owner... nice:lol:
id be embarassed after that race.. "hes got nothing, hes got nothing" i know id do the same thing but atleast not on a highway c'mon bro your in a 2ton brick with the aerodynamics of a barn door, start a race under 60 mph:rollseyes
JD

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member

WTF, first off is 13.6 slow for stock L, cause thats what I ran each time I ran. Second M3 run low 13's so that guy just made an ass out of himself, because MOST L owners know never to race from a roll at 50 plus, unless your racing a stock GT or z-28, so put the pipe down and do some research before you post this up on an svt site :bash:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member

Sam, should I then pick on a black modded 02 12.4 gt? I think it would be ok by the fellow ford guys. I can ask Terrible One, it will be fair and square at the track. We know each other mods, you being a better driver it ought to be good, my irs might go boom, I miss a shift etc. Just no bad mouthing when you post the video beating me. Same here. Don't want to look like this L guy, Ok?
Rob Palmer
orig.jpg

larryc7777

Established Member
I played that thing twice, just to be sure, but shouldn't the L's transmission have downshifted into passing gear or something? Also, doesn't the L have ANY blower whine at all? The exhaust sure didn't sound stock. It almost seemed to me like the L didn't go to WOT because the M3 jumped the count. Just my observation.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yeh ur right he wasnt WOT sounds like he didnt downshift cause the M3 took off before the count that sounded like 4th gear and he's got and auto. also sounded like flowmaster exhaust. dunno why he put it on the factory exhaust is a ford/borla thing

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I heard mad blower whine.... I like m3's but I like m5's better, not to shabby on the freeway either 188 (was in the car) with room to go and 150 racing a Turbo Porsche on the LV strip is pretty fast and they handle like no other. Friend just dropped about 30k into his m5 the past month and it's fast. A couple mods are Dinan front strut bar is 800 bucks. He's got the full stage 3 dinan sport suspension package, brake duct package, dinan twin intakes, dinan headers, dinan x pipe, dinan catback, BBS 18's (had em overnighted for about 200 a wheel plus 660.00 for the wheel itself) with 295's in the rear and 275's in the front, dinan chip, dinan short throw, some killer hid's for HL's and fogs (dinan shit is SOOO exspensive). TO much shit... pretty bad car, you can hear it from a couple miles away with the headers and x pipe now. He's only 19!? All my friends are rich those ****ers... I got to pay for everything ROFL

Last edited:

Mperformance

Originally posted by kjohnl
what are the mods on that bmw?

For performance mods he only has a cold air intake and a gizmo device thats straightens out the air turbulance before it hits the air mass sensor. Exhaust is stock.

He's more modded on the suspension..
Ground Control Advance Design Coilovers | Ground Control Race Camber Plates | Ground Control Hybrid Front LCAB | Ground Control Rear Camber Arms | Ground Control Monoball RTAB | Ground Control Monoball RSM | Ground Control Sways

PhatSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
This coming from someone that needs a supercharger on his V-8 Mustang to beat a 3.2L I-6 at roughly the same weight.:rolleyes:

That's funny because I just raced a slightly modded E46 this weekend and he got pretty worked (bus lengths). My intensions was not to build my car to beat a particular car. It was to get some respect for the GT owners out there.

Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
WTF, first off is 13.6 slow for stock L, cause thats what I ran each time I ran. Second M3 run low 13's so that guy just made an ass out of himself, because MOST L owners know never to race from a roll at 50 plus, unless your racing a stock GT or z-28, so put the pipe down and do some research before you post this up on an svt site :bash:

Hey don't take to offense that your slow. Do something about it. :beer: Not being a dick, just trying to motivate. But these days if your not in the 10's or 11's, your slow! Trust me I have a hard time believing it as well, but I get my ass handed to me quite often. :(

Originally posted by 69gt4speed
Sam, should I then pick on a black modded 02 12.4 gt? I think it would be ok by the fellow ford guys. I can ask Terrible One, it will be fair and square at the track. We know each other mods, you being a better driver it ought to be good, my irs might go boom, I miss a shift etc. Just no bad mouthing when you post the video beating me. Same here. Don't want to look like this L guy, Ok?
Rob Palmer
orig.jpg

Your car will deffinitely MPH me, but I think it will come down to the driver. Make it or break it is what I say. For me it will be the clutch and for you it's the halfshafts. :beer:

Last edited:

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by M-Phibian
It was probably a E36 M3 (1995-1999). They only had 240 hp and routinely run low 14's. The E46 M3 (2001 to present) has 333 hp. If you don't know BMW's, it's very easy to confuse the two.

It was a 2001 or later, you can clearly see the exhaust cutouts in the rear bumper as well as the "gill" vents on the front fenders.

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
I've raced a M3 up to Whistler, the road has a lot of corners and some straight streches. The M3 was in front the whole time while I'll followed and let me tell you there fast and corner damn well. If I had the money I would buy one, very nice car.

Users who are viewing this thread