01 GT with 4V swap, 76mm Billet precision build

B0B

Established Member
So when's this bad boy getting tuned?

still a while to go yet. right now i'm saving up for a t56 magnum. so unless i can find one used, which i've been looking very hard for, its gonna set me back 3k. also, i'm going to get a bigger radiator and move it forward. i found out also that i'm not going to have room for a 4" downpipe so i will have to do a 3 1/2". i still need to figure out my engine harness too.

B0B

Established Member
got a transmission finally. found one locally. t56 with 26 spline input shaft, new aluminum driveshaft, cross member, MGW shifter, and bellhousing. $1700, so i feel like it was a fair deal.

next up, new radiator and cooling fan. i'm going to tilt it forward about 45*, it should make more room for my exhaust setup. i'll post up pics as more progress is made.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
hey man hows the build going?! you should text or call me. im local and have the same build . im done. waiting on a tune. and maybe larger injectors. im worried about my tranny and rear end though . get yours tuned yet?

253 283 9165 love to see her!

daron

B0B

Established Member
I have a 3 1/2 in down pipe... It's plenty.... What clutch and flywheel are you gonna run?

i'm running a McLeod RXT twin disc. the next thing i'm going to order is a 3 1/2" builders kit from Columbia river mandrel bends. then a boost controller and meth injection kit. I'm kind of in a fork in the road though. either push to get my car done by the time Greg from RET comes up on June 30th, or have money to spend when i go to Hawaii this summer.

hey man hows the build going?! you should text or call me. im local and have the same build . im done. waiting on a tune. and maybe larger injectors. im worried about my tranny and rear end though . get yours tuned yet?

253 283 9165 love to see her!

daron

thanks i saved your number. its going, but slowly. trying to make my truck and bike payments, and wrap this up for the summer time is depleting my bank account big time. i would upgrade your tranny and rear as soon as you get it tuned. it should be fine cruising around but it will take a shit at the track, especially if you get wheel hop with the IRS. my rear is still stock. it should be fine on the dyno, but i'm going to baby it until i get it built up. my main goal right now is to just get it driving so i can enjoy it this summer.

itSSlow98

Established Member
i'm running a McLeod RXT twin disc. the next thing i'm going to order is a 3 1/2" builders kit from Columbia river mandrel bends. then a boost controller and meth injection kit. I'm kind of in a fork in the road though. either push to get my car done by the time Greg from RET comes up on June 30th, or have money to spend when i go to Hawaii this summer.

thanks i saved your number. its going, but slowly. trying to make my truck and bike payments, and wrap this up for the summer time is depleting my bank account big time. i would upgrade your tranny and rear as soon as you get it tuned. it should be fine cruising around but it will take a shit at the track, especially if you get wheel hop with the IRS. my rear is still stock. it should be fine on the dyno, but i'm going to baby it until i get it built up. my main goal right now is to just get it driving so i can enjoy it this summer.

Just wanted to make a suggestion. I went with the eboost street boost controller and love it. Didn't see the need to spend triple for the eboost 2. I also run an alcohol injection systems trunk mount progressive meth kit and couldnt be happier. Take my advice and spend the extra for stainless braided lines though.

B0B

Established Member
Just wanted to make a suggestion. I went with the eboost street boost controller and love it. Didn't see the need to spend triple for the eboost 2. I also run an alcohol injection systems trunk mount progressive meth kit and couldnt be happier. Take my advice and spend the extra for stainless braided lines though.

thanks, thats good advice! i was told by a tuner that the maf activated kit works much better than the rpm or boost reference kit. so i'll probably do that one from snow performance.

i'm running the RXT....awesome clutch.

glad to hear you like it. i bought it because i wanted a nice and easy pedal that won't slip.

B0B

Established Member
wow, that AIS trunk mounted system is really nice. maybe i'll go with that instead of the snow performance one.

itSSlow98

Established Member
wow, that AIS trunk mounted system is really nice. maybe i'll go with that instead of the snow performance one.

The progressive kit is is controlled through a standalone box with a built in Hobbs switch. Start psi outputs 50% of the pumps duty cycle and ramps up automatically until the peak psi where it goes to 100% duty cycle. I start at 4lbs and spray 100% at 15psi(Running 20lbs total). The nice part about the AIS kit is the pump is built into the tank so you dont have to worry about mounting a pump seperate and running lines etc.

methkitinstall.jpg

Last edited:

J-Betschart

Established Member
Sweet build bud, got one similiar to it im doing myself. I am local aswell. In fact I think I have seen this car before at a triple xxx car show and watched it beat a streetbike when it left on the on ramp. Whats the latest on the build? I dont know if you know this but I see you were wanting to get tuned by Andy at TMS but unfortanately TMS doesnt tune anymore unless they built the engine. So you will have to go to Blood Enterprises or get a handheld or standalone and try it yourself. I want to see how you do with that turbo because I am in the process of shopping for one and I may be going bigger, but ive heard great things on the CEA billet wheel. I am subscribing to this thread because im quite intrigued :pop:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
i haven't done anything to it this summer. taking a break to enjoy the weather and my other hobbies. How's yours? you get it done? i will be getting it done this winter.

That will give you more time to finish any and all the little things and upgrade more and more. hehe my Hobbies took over my time this summer too. 66 galaxie project :rockon: My car was done for a couple weeks, and rips dude! Untuned on just a few pounds felt faster then my Novi2k. But while switching a few things on my car i decided to upgrade a few more things, got ride of my 60# for larger ones. changed the fuel set up just a tad, and changed maf's, picked up a slot style hpx and love it. Just ordered my new tranny but ill wait till mine blows up to intall that. The tuner from Blood is actually tuning it up in seattle at a differrent shop. Let me know when your done and Ill hook you up. This winter I plan on doing a Full Tilt Boogie upgrade. strengthen the IRS.

B0B

Established Member
Sweet build bud, got one similiar to it im doing myself. I am local aswell. In fact I think I have seen this car before at a triple xxx car show and watched it beat a streetbike when it left on the on ramp. Whats the latest on the build? I dont know if you know this but I see you were wanting to get tuned by Andy at TMS but unfortanately TMS doesnt tune anymore unless they built the engine. So you will have to go to Blood Enterprises or get a handheld or standalone and try it yourself. I want to see how you do with that turbo because I am in the process of shopping for one and I may be going bigger, but ive heard great things on the CEA billet wheel. I am subscribing to this thread because im quite intrigued :pop:

thanks man! where are you located?
That will give you more time to finish any and all the little things and upgrade more and more. hehe my Hobbies took over my time this summer too. 66 galaxie project :rockon: My car was done for a couple weeks, and rips dude! Untuned on just a few pounds felt faster then my Novi2k. But while switching a few things on my car i decided to upgrade a few more things, got ride of my 60# for larger ones. changed the fuel set up just a tad, and changed maf's, picked up a slot style hpx and love it. Just ordered my new tranny but ill wait till mine blows up to intall that. The tuner from Blood is actually tuning it up in seattle at a differrent shop. Let me know when your done and Ill hook you up. This winter I plan on doing a Full Tilt Boogie upgrade. strengthen the IRS.

I'm anxious to get it done, but like i said before i have been taking a break. this summer i wanted to focus on riding, fishing, wheeling, boating, and my competitive trap shooting. i've had the HPX in my car for a while now and i love it. I heard the news about Andy, that kinda sucks. i don't know if i trust blood to tune my car, i might do a remote tune with RET so i know its done right.

Daron,
I need to do some pretty complicated work getting my wiring done. i shaved my engine bay, and i'm going to re route and rewire the engine harness. i'll be removing all of the wires i don't need, and completely stripping it down and starting from scratch. the transmission is under the car and ready to mount to the engine, and i need to finish up my head cooling mod. also need a thermostat housing and a coolant res, which i will have to custom make all of my cooling hoses. i have to make a remote oil filter mount, and also make a block from the oil line to the filter to run a feed line to the turbo. also have to finish my hot side and mount the waste gate to the hotside and weld in the o2 bungs. I think i'm going to have to move my radiator forward to have enough room for everything. I've stared at my engine bay for hours trying to think of ideas, and to picture what i need to do. its a bit overwhelming. if you're down to come check it out and help i'll provide beer. i'll let you know the next time i'm planning on working on it for the day

J-Betschart

Established Member
I am located in Roy , about 20 miles south of Tacoma. I was a bit skeptical with James tuning at bloods aswell. But my buddy just had his T-trim 2v tuned there and it made 673 on TMS's dyno and that was with it spinning and spark blow out up top. There was also another car from bloods that was a twin turbo 3v and it made 689 on TMS's dyno. So he must be doing something right ha. Just a heads up

androdz

Established Member
did you get to dyno test it yet?

I am looking to change my turbo, it is a 3v though but the numbers should be very similar regarding spool. With that .96 a/r what rpm are you starting to see boost and when is it fully spinned? I am looking for no more than 850whp. I was thinking of a 6766 cea but precision recomended me the PT7675 and I think it is way over kill for my goals. Turbine technology has increased ten folds on the past 10 years. If I see other cars pully 900whp on the 6766 I dont see why I can't pull 850 with the same turbo.

B0B

Established Member
did you get to dyno test it yet?

I am looking to change my turbo, it is a 3v though but the numbers should be very similar regarding spool. With that .96 a/r what rpm are you starting to see boost and when is it fully spinned? I am looking for no more than 850whp. I was thinking of a 6766 cea but precision recomended me the PT7675 and I think it is way over kill for my goals. Turbine technology has increased ten folds on the past 10 years. If I see other cars pully 900whp on the 6766 I dont see why I can't pull 850 with the same turbo.

The car still isn't done. Its been on hold because I just bought a house. I might use some money I have saved up after I move into my new place to finish it, if not it will likely sit for another 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread