01 GT with 4V swap, 76mm Billet precision build

B0B

Established Member
i have this build up over on the turbo forums too, but this is a mustang site.. so theres probably more people here that would have input or find insight from my build.

l_96b9abbdb90e46389b5eccec80386d8c.jpg

the car is an 01 GT. i had a D1SC and built motor on it and it made 529rwhp at 20psi. it was fun but i melted a spark plug and screwed the motor up pretty bad.

So i decided to go 4V. picked up a set of used 8 thread cobra C heads, 01 cobra intake, coolant crossovers, coils, valve covers, harness, flywheel, and timing cover for $800.

then i ripped out my 2v, threw the heads and intake in a pile of scrap metal, and took my shortblock to the machine shop and had them go through it.

new longblock includes:

mildly ported C heads
03-04 cobra block
Manley Platinum Series coated pistons 11cc dish. should be around 9.0:1
forged cobra crank
Manley forged H beam rods
arp hardware
ford GT Supercar cams
Comp Springs
stock 01 intake
accufab T/B
mmr 7qt oil pan
IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

turbo system:
Precision PT7675 CEA Billet .96
CG Fab forward facing headers
4" downpipe. Can't seem to figure out exactly how that will be routed yet. i'll have to get pretty creative
3 1/2" cutout that will dump in front of drivers front tire
TiAl MVR 44mm wastegate
i think i'm going to tie it in with my flowmaster cat-back. might do something different though.
Procharger race intercooler
3" charge tubing
tial 50mm bov
Pmas HPX Maf

IMAG0377.jpg

tranny will be a t56 magnum so i ordered a mcleod RXT twin disc
IMAG0387.jpg

fuel system:
return system
aeromotive eliminator pump
sumped cobra tank
-10an feed
-8an return
division X rails
aeromotive a-1000 regulator
80lb injectors
IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0420.jpg

IMAG0423.jpg

suspension:

front:
MM K member
MM A arms
MM Coilovers
MM CC Plates
bilsteins
rear:
MM Torque arm
MM Panhard bar
MM LCA's
MM SFC's

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0248.jpg

B0B

Established Member
here's where the turbo will sit

IMAG0070.jpg

this is my first car build. i've just done a ton of research online and i've bought parts that will give me the best out of it. the car hasn't ran with the 4v setup or with a turbo. the last time it drove was in the summer of 2010 and that was a 2v supercharged setup. its crazy how much small shit you need to do the swap, especially if you don't by a complete motor. if i ever did it again, i would buy a wrecked donor car.

anyways i've heard tons of good stuff about these billet wheel precisions. i think it should easily make over 700 at the wheels on pump gas. i'll probably run around 16-18 psi just to drive around.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Very solid parts list! Should be damn close to 700 on 16-18lbs with that turbo. I run a very similar setup, almost identical fuel system, built bottom end, built t56 with rxt, fully built solid rear, just a hellion kit with a turbonetics t76.

Ill keep an eye out for your build Im debating upgrading to a billet wheel precision or comp turbo. Meth kit is on now and goes to the dyno wednesday. Good luck!

B0B

Established Member
nice man, i plan on running meth too. just haven't ordered it yet. how much boost are you running now, and how much with meth? you should post up your #s here or in the turbo section so i can get an idea of a comparison since our builds are so similar.

fangs99

Established Member
I too have a very, very similar set up.... I sold my eliminator fuel pump for 2 external Bosh 044's..... 1,000 times quieter than the eliminator pump.... I have the same clutch.... It's awsome. I will recommend that you drop down to a .81 A/R.

itSSlow98

Established Member
I'm on 18lbs for the numbers in my sig but only 14 degrees of timing. I'm gonna up the timing to around 20-21 on meth. I'll post back after the dyno tomorrow. The car flies no doubt about it.

B0B

Established Member
I too have a very, very similar set up.... I sold my eliminator fuel pump for 2 external Bosh 044's..... 1,000 times quieter than the eliminator pump.... I have the same clutch.... It's awsome. I will recommend that you drop down to a .81 A/R.

i'm kind of worried about how loud that pump will be. i did order the aeromotive pump speed controller and the insulated pump mounts so that should help with the noise quite a bit. what is your exhaust leading to the turbo? do you have manifolds or forward facing headers? the guy i talked to when i ordered the turbo said if you're running forward facing headers it should spool really fast compared to manifolds with the long up pipes coming from the back. so thats why i went with the .96

itSSlow98

Established Member
The eliminator is gonna be loud no matter what. I can hear it over an open downpipe and I just put rubber all over the pump mount. Price you gotta pay for high hp unless you do in tank pumps.

fangs99

Established Member
I have forward facing headers and the same turbo.... My waist gates are spring at 10 psi which I see at 5,000rpm.... This is just a street tune until it goes on the dyno... But I'm on 9.9:1 compression with a stage 1 turbo cam. My exaust is 3 1/2 from the turbo until it splits in to 2 1/2 for my magnapacks. The Glenn's back half switched my fuel pump to 2 External Bosh 044 fuel pumps.... They are good for 900+rwhp and are wisper quiet....

Last edited:

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I have forward facing headers and the same turbo.... My waist gates are spring at 10 psi which I see at 5,000rpm.... This is just a street tune until it goes on the dyno... But I'm on 9.9:1 compression with a stage 1 turbo cam. My exaust is 3 1/2 from the turbo until it splits in to 2 1/2 for my magnapacks. The Glenn's back half switched my fuel pump to 2 External Bosh 044 fuel pumps.... They are good for 900+rwhp and are wisper quiet....

You may want to open up your exhaust some! 10psi at 5000 rpms seems aweful slow on spool for that set-up!

just my .05 (inflation)

fangs99

Established Member
My combo is 9.9:1 compression short block MHS stage 1 ported heads and cams
Custom turbo kit with precision 7675 turbo .96 A/R.

B0B

Established Member
i ordered some parts which should be trickling in tomorrow and friday!

18X10 Chrome Bullitts with 305/35R18 Nitto NT555R's for the rear
MM Oil filter remote mount
pilot, throwout bearings, crank bolt
tons of an fittings and hose
aeromotive pump controller
3.5" electric exhaust cutout
lava exhaust heat wrap

:banana:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i would love to see more pics of your torque arm.

i am doing the same to my cobra as we speak. but ive never seen anyone with their torque arm setup with pan hard bar.

thanks

itSSlow98

Established Member
:beer: congrats thats awesome! how much timing? sounds like meth is worth it, for an extra 100rwhp!

20 degrees of timing. Left it a little conservative. It also raised the boost about 2 lbs which I wasn't expecting. Good thing is the gains on the dyno translate right out to the road. IATS will stay low, no heat soak!

B0B

Established Member
got the intake and engine parts painted. my phone camera sucks

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

engine is just about ready to drop back in. i just need to get my engine bay painted and inner fender panels welded and patched in. which means i have to get my air dryer hooked up and learn how to use a spray gun, because i've never used one. and i don't want to rattle can my car.

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

Last edited:

B0B

Established Member
i would love to see more pics of your torque arm.

i am doing the same to my cobra as we speak. but ive never seen anyone with their torque arm setup with pan hard bar.

thanks

i'll try to get some, its hard to see without having the car all the way up in the air on a lift though.

Users who are viewing this thread