01 cobra vs 2000 camaro SS? who do you think would win

Kiohtee

Established Member
No, I've only raced 6 speed LS1s. If the autos are that much more of a turd the kid is going to win if he can control the Slobra

(Still don't think these cars are slow, but we're on SVTP, so whatevs)

"That much more of a turd?" :nonono: A properly driven LS1 will show the taillights to a properly driven 4V (save for the Terminator) the majority of the time. And in cases like mine, my A4 held it's own again a lightly nodded 4V.

But this is SVTPerformance, so whatevs.

And yes, these are mid-13 second cars at best completely stock, usually high-13's/low-14's so they are indeed pretty slow.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
"That much more of a turd?" :nonono: A properly driven LS1 will show the taillights to a properly driven 4V (save for the Terminator) the majority of the time. And in cases like mine, my A4 held it's own again a lightly nodded 4V.

But this is SVTPerformance, so whatevs.

And yes, these are mid-13 second cars at best completely stock, usually high-13's/low-14's so they are indeed pretty slow.

Lets remember what we're talking about here. A bolt on and geared 4V against an automatic stock LS1. A geared 4V is capable of sub 13s. Dot get mad and pull the IF card, "IF they were both stock" LOL

Last edited:

blkvenm97

Established Member
if you can drive the cobra you should be able to take a stock auto ls1. I think some people here are selling the cobra short...this isn't a stock vs stock race, which with equal drivers the ls1 would win that match up...this is an intake, exhaust, geared 4v vs a stock auto ls1...4v should win if it's driven right...I have experience in this...had a 97 cobrawith the same mods, 4.10 gears as well, mine was dead even with an auto firehawk

mrlrd1

Established Member
Lets remember what we're talking about here. A bolt on and geared 4V against an automatic stock LS1. A geared 4V is capable of sub 13s. Dot get mad and pull the IF card, "IF they were both stock" LOL

How about YOU remember what is being discussed. It's a convertible 01 Cobra that's been lowered on Sumitomo tires with a 4.10 gearset on cold pavement. He might have trouble with a Camry.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I'm just trying to give info on what I know... I've never seen an 01 Cobra with 4.10s cracking 12s on street tires.

Kiohtee

Established Member
At best? A few stock A4 cars have been high 12s, numerous ran low 13s bone stock.

But I was talking about 4V's not LS1's... Trust me, I know of the capabilities of LS1's, I had one. ;-)

Back to my point though... Just because the Camaro is an automatic doesn't mean it's an automatic (no pun intended) win for the OP. As S8ER01Z mentioned, a few stock A4 cars have ran high 12's and many low 13's, so just because OP has gears (which BTW is his only worthwhile mod yet) doesn't mean he's in the clear just yet. That Camaro should dead hook or just about while that Cobra burns them through first and into second. By that time the SS will be comfortably ahead and there's no chance to catch up because the faster they get the uglier it'll become for the 4V.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
But I was talking about 4V's not LS1's... Trust me, I know of the capabilities of LS1's, I had one. ;-)

Back to my point though... Just because the Camaro is an automatic doesn't mean it's an automatic (no pun intended) win for the OP. As S8ER01Z mentioned, a few stock A4 cars have ran high 12's and many low 13's, so just because OP has gears (which BTW is his only worthwhile mod yet) doesn't mean he's in the clear just yet. That Camaro should dead hook or just about while that Cobra burns them through first and into second. By that time the SS will be comfortably ahead and there's no chance to catch up because the faster they get the uglier it'll become for the 4V.

My bad I thought you ... Well you know what I thought.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I got ya bud. I mean listen, I enjoy my Cobra as much as a die-hard Ford fanatic, I really do, but looking down on an LS1 regardless of what you think it is/has is a good way to get your feelings hurt quick-like and in a hurry. They're no joke stock, much less modded.

Much the way I don't see people by color, I don't see cars by brands. If it's clean and fast it's OK in my book.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I got ya bud. I mean listen, I enjoy my Cobra as much as a die-hard Ford fanatic, I really do, but looking down on an LS1 regardless of what you think it is/has is a good way to get your feelings hurt quick-like and in a hurry. They're no joke stock, much less modded.

Much the way I don't see people by color, I don't see cars by brands. If it's clean and fast it's OK in my book.

Doesn't matter. All these cars are slow POSs to everyone here. Just remember the LS1s are in the same boat

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Amen, I'm not trying to claim an ls1 is a Mach 1 or anything... It's slow no matter how you look at it.

03terminat0r

Established Member
I had a 2002 z28. IMO you should have it if you can shift well
na7y5avy.jpg

My catfish

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
If I am not mistaken, the LS1 auto comes with the 2.73 gears "most" of the time. That gear alone would cause the Camaro a little longer to get going. If the Cobra does not blow the tires off and the race does not go to 150mph, I think the Cobra will take it.
If the Camaro was a 6M with 3.42s though..might be a different story......IMO

Kiohtee

Established Member
Most A4's come with 2.73's, I believe you're right about that. However, even with an auto and 2.73's I still managed an 8.8/13.6!

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I'll have to disagree with all of you saying it's easy to launch a auto Z28/SS, because I raced a guy (25 years old) with a auto Z and he blew the tires each time we raced from a dig. He had street tires and I had my 315s before the gears. It was me by at least 2 cars each time out of 3 races.

To add to this thread though, since the OP has street tires also it's possible that he'll spin to much for him to get the lead he needs to beat the LS1. Be safe out there.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I SHIT YOU NOT MY LITTLE BROTHERS 16 YEAR OLD FRIEND JUST DID THIS TO HIS "PERFECTLY CONTROLLABLE AUTOMATIC" Z28 TONIGHT. DON'T RACE OP IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!
The kid went right through a cinder block wall.
40522CD3-20DE-44F3-A4EC-1F1E2F330895-5728-000007633D903DE8.jpg
47FF2C93-AFF2-44AA-AA9D-7C174ABDB830-5914-000007774834661E.jpg

28F21724-D133-416B-9E26-B3797A90361D-5914-000007773939A5F1.jpg
60A24CC3-9235-47C6-8F8E-58D6EE1D19ED-5914-0000077729EB1BD1.jpg

Last edited:

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
A real man knows power is also knowing when not to use it. Tell the kid it's not worth the risk of losing your car. If he wants to race take it to a track.

Users who are viewing this thread