01 cobra vs 2000 camaro SS? who do you think would win

Doch01

Established Member
If the camaro is auto you will beat him. I race my friens 01 ss camaro.we raced from a stand still I spun my tires a lil I shifted at 6, 500 -6, 700 rpms igit him by half a car

Nemesis S281

Established Member
When you say a kid at your school, you mean high school? If so, wouldn't that make you a kid? Take it to the track, dont kill anybody.

thecobralife

Established Member
When you say a kid at your school, you mean high school? If so, wouldn't that make you a kid? Take it to the track, dont kill anybody.

i honestly would prefer bringing it to a track but i live in CT and there are no tracks close to here plus im only 16 don't judge:bored: and you have to be 18 to race at tracks:cuss:

DSGMach04

Established Member
The Cobra will win off the line, but the SS will catch up by late early 3rd gear..from experience lol. But I agree with everyone, race and find out!:banana:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Op this is really gonna be a drivers race who ever can hook an shifts the fastest will win

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i honestly would prefer bringing it to a track but i live in CT and there are no tracks close to here plus im only 16 don't judge:bored: and you have to be 18 to race at tracks:cuss:

My best advice is don't race. You don't know how to drive (I know, you think you do) and even though you have a slow car (no offense) it's still a fast car for a 16 year old to handle and it CAN kill you very easily. Please don't take what I say lightly, it can end up with a police officer knocking on your parent's door one day.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
My best advice is don't race. You don't know how to drive (I know, you think you do) and even though you have a slow car (no offense) it's still a fast car for a 16 year old to handle and it CAN kill you very easily. Please don't take what I say lightly, it can end up with a police officer knocking on your parent's door one day.

Yeah, that is a ton of car for a 16 year old. I had a v6 mustang in high school and drove my uncles 01 Cobra once. It was mad fast. You may be a fantastic driver but you never know what the other guy could do-including sliding right into you off the line.

halstead9009

just for starters i don't care who you are nobody can out shift an auto. and when your actually in a race it seems to complicate shifting just a fuzz. nobody is perfect lol.

next sumitomo tires are junk. the nexens are okay but im going with a little more sticky next time.

about any suspension upgrade is going to help you at one point or another ive heard good things about maximum motorsports.

and lastly yes the cobra is probably a little to much for a new driver. even a gt is to much. heck when i was 18 i had an 04 f-150 that would hit 120 130 easy and it was just a 4.6 2v. also i don't see any reason as to why a track wouldn't let you race without a parents permission and idk why your parents would say no. its not as if they didn't buy or let you buy a cobra to baby. your young and going to be hard on it.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
If he's auto with your gears and short throw The race is yours. Not like this race is gonna happen but you'll win for sure

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
its winter time and the roads are shitty in CT, and they will be like that for quite some time too. Dont even attempt this anytime soon. You both will end up losing.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
hahahaha you dont think there good tires whats wrong with them? i dont want drag radials because they suck around turns and im not drag racing all the time but seriously what do you think it wrong with the ones i got on it now?:shrug:
They're crap tires in turns as well. Ask me how I know…..
Question though, if you're 16, how would you know about sucking in turns? Please dont tell me you're one of the ones that drive fast in the canyons and/or streets

You're still a kid, no offense
So I take it that you barely got your license as well…. (I really HOPE you dont have a permit only). What someone had said, be smart and wait. Also get drag radials, wheel hop = broken half shafts. You being 16, im sure you dont want to pay a hefty bill to fix your rear end over a stupid mistake.

I also bought my Cobra when I was 16 going on 17. Be smart, make the right choices :beer:

71catruck

Established Member
Depending on the year of the ls1 and trim level. Ss or z28 they have 315-325 hp so it pretty even they don't have an advantage. The diff in the cameros seams to spin the passenger tire for about 6 in befor the drivers side kicks in so advantage the cobra. If you can drive you will beat him. When I was stock I I raced a lot of cameros and never lost.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Depending on the year of the ls1 and trim level. Ss or z28 they have 315-325 hp so it pretty even they don't have an advantage. The diff in the cameros seams to spin the passenger tire for about 6 in befor the drivers side kicks in so advantage the cobra. If you can drive you will beat him. When I was stock I I raced a lot of cameros and never lost.
Nope they actually have an advantage in power and power line. They are making close to 350 hp or are on the mark. In other words they're underrated. Both the Z28 and SS are actually the same crap, no difference in HP, they just marked them different for the badges and exterior. Only the SLP one's came with slightly more power.

Trust me, I also used to beat a lot of SS and Z28's when my car was near stock until I encounter one with a good driver and showed me tail lights. Same in a track, a Z28 was running almost half a sec faster than an SS and they both had similar mods.

Jroc

Established Member
Well IDK, but I will say this stock or lightly modded N/A Cobras shouldn't half step to LS1 Fbodies. Back when I was still in school there was a kid with a 2000 Z28 M6 that was bone stock and he had run as fast as a 13.0 with that car if I remember correctly. This was a stripper Z28 though so it was probably 200+ lbs lighter than most Camaro SS's if I was to guess.

Users who are viewing this thread