Votes: 87 41.6%
  • 03/04 Mach 1's

Votes: 122 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
more compression and a solid axle are not always good....i say '01 cobra for better looks, irs, seats, and they are quite a bit cheaper.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
more compression and a solid axle are not always good....i say '01 cobra for better looks, irs, seats, and they are quite a bit cheaper.

Have you seen the prices on Mach's lately? They are within 1,000 to 2,000 dollars of clean 01 Cobras right now with similar mileage. Machs are an INCREDIBLE value for the performance oriented buyer. I prefer the Mach 1 personally. SRA>IRS and the retro styling and shaker hood look better IMO. The only thing a Cobra has on the Mach I think is a better interior.

wma8706

Established Member
How can you say they are the same car. Mach 1 has better heads/cams/gears stock. Not to mention a very nice .62 5th gear.

Better breathing heads....yes, Better cams....no... 99-01 cobras have a more agressive cam than either terminators or mach1, better stock gears....slightly ...but who the hell would want to keep stock gears on a 4v modular? Mach1 also has slightly higher compression which is good if you want to keep the motor NA however; if you plan to add boost....then the 99-01 cobra might be better choice. SRA vs IRS is in my opinion the biggest difference in performance between thses two cars. Interior and styling are always subjective. Both cars look great and can be modded to be equal...... either platform will work.

Sny714

Established Member
Better breathing heads....yes, Better cams....no... 99-01 cobras have a more agressive cam than either terminators or mach1, better stock gears....slightly ...but who the hell would want to keep stock gears on a 4v modular? Mach1 also has slightly higher compression which is good if you want to keep the motor NA however; if you plan to add boost....then the 99-01 cobra might be better choice. SRA vs IRS is in my opinion the biggest difference in performance between thses two cars. Interior and styling are always subjective. Both cars look great and can be modded to be equal...... either platform will work.

Yes I know the 99-01 cobra cams are more aggressive. Trust me, I love the pull up top in my 01. What I meant was theres more Tq down low in the mach 1 and paired with the gears would make for more punch off the line. I'm a fan of both, I do agree that it would somewhat be a drivers race, but stock for stock you better be launching the cobra high.

Nazman

Established Member
med_gallery_1217_503_41912.jpg

JoePac

Established Member
Jesus Christ....Holy Smolly...This has been an ongoing war since 2003>5yr old question

Users who are viewing this thread