01 cobra vert vs mach

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
QuikGT said:
heres the vid for u (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/68A368A2-C599-4DE6-9A19-5D0FCB34D43E.htm) ....lid, intake, and longtubes 02 z28 m6 street tires vs mach w full suspension, 150 shot, full boltons, slicks and skinnies....some are nitrous runs some arent....

z28 traps higher.....z28 1st run: 7.9 @ 91mph w a 2.0 60'

mach : 7.70 @ 87mph no nitrous

2nd run ....... z28 8.0 @ 91.9mph

mach 7.80 @ 96mph w nitrous

I see your point..but I find it hard to believe. For two reasons.......how do we not know if that Z has C/H or not? fbods are known to pull in third gear, and have bad 1-2 and 60' (in comparison). #2, that Z had at least DRs.....NO car is going to swap out the rear rims for some nasty ugly POS rims and run street tires.....if you look close, those are no nothing rims......I am sure he put those on to run DRs.

Like I said, I see what you are saying, but in your example, it isn't a bright red apples to apples comparison.......it is a driver's race in the 1/4. From a roll, more times than not, it will be th fbod. These cars are too close to tell.

QuikGT

Banned
well, i know bc i was there when he raced....this was done at kennedale dragway....the z28 is just a bolton car.....he put down 347/362 with only lid, intake, and headers....no cam no nitrous no headwork....from what i remember they were just wider street tires....besides ud hear the cam if he had one.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I have seen many LS1 cars at the track. I have driven quite a few and I have quite a few friends with LS1 cars. The cars seem to vary greatly as far as power and ET's. My good friend just purchased a 02 Formula auto,2.73 gears,weld in Flowmaster and a programmer. He ran 13.4 at 106 mph at the track. However, he swapped the gears out to 3.42's and now it runs 12.7-.8 at 108mph. That is a crazy difference. With a stall and some slicks it is possible for him to dip in the high 11's!!! I respect LS1 cars, and LS1 cars should respect mach's as serious contenders at the track or on the street.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
im sorry but u are mistaken, and ur friends must be shitty drivers....it was only about 6moths ago that i purchased a 98 z28 auto that was stock....it ran a best of 8.68 @84mph....AUTO...my friends lid intake and longtubes (m6) ran a 7.80@91mph and there are videos to prove it.....while stock machs usually dont trap higher than 81-82mph....
Mine stock with just a set of 26x8.5x15 ET Drags ran [email protected]..

BTW who is your friend that ran those times in a M6 car. One of my buddies had a Silver 02 Z28 with 4.10's, LT's, True duals, drag radials, Lid, Fast 78, Shanner 3 tb, light weight hood, weight reduction he had a stock cam, and heads on there but every other bolt on you can do. Plus he had the AC delete, and no power stiring.and he ran 7.8's@91-92mph.. His was also a M6 and he is a very good driver.. Damn thats funny we are talking about the same car. His car also put down 355rwhp @ 377rwtq after all the mods..

BTW I do use nitrous sometimes, but most of the time I run N/A. I just busted up 2 SS camaros last night on the hwy from a roll..

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
heres the vid for u (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/68A368A2-C599-4DE6-9A19-5D0FCB34D43E.htm) ....lid, intake, and longtubes 02 z28 m6 street tires vs mach w full suspension, 150 shot, full boltons, slicks and skinnies....some are nitrous runs some arent....

z28 traps higher.....z28 1st run: 7.9 @ 91mph w a 2.0 60'

mach : 7.70 @ 87mph no nitrous

2nd run ....... z28 8.0 @ 91.9mph

mach 7.80 @ 96mph w nitrous
Dude you need to post up all the info on those too cars, You know what the Mach that is me.. And that guy is my buddy Nick.. We were there messing around one day, I only had one decent Nitrous run because my tranny was giving me problems that day and the bottle was only 1/2 full.. You need to post all the other bolt ons that Z has.. I already did in the post above, and he was on BFG drag radials not street tires.. LMAO at posting a vid of my car and by buddies and then trying to tell everyone here what mods are on each. His car has a shit load more mods then that and I don't have full suspension, just rear supension, and its a 125 shot not a 150 shot, and I wasn't even getting a full shot anyway, low bottle. It also doesn't have full bolt on's either, Just full exhaust and a CAI, and tune.. The next week I ran 7.100@96+ after changing the fluid in the tranny on a fresh bottle, and 7.64@89mph on motor.. This stuff if funny as hell.. Trying to tell people what mods are on each car. Sand bagging the Z28's mods, and tell people I had more more mods then I really do, thats just funny as hell..

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
well, i know bc i was there when he raced....this was done at kennedale dragway....the z28 is just a bolton car.....he put down 347/362 with only lid, intake, and headers....no cam no nitrous no headwork....from what i remember they were just wider street tires....besides ud hear the cam if he had one.
If you were there that night you would have known that that was me and Nick racing, I didn't see you. BTW Post up all the rest of his mods and what he really put down in that car like I posted.. I know everything about that car.. It was fast as hell and alot faster then most cam cars that he raced. That car was very light and made very good power.. If I'm not mistaken it put down 355hp/377tq

TheMachWON

Established Member
QuikGT said:
im sorry but u are mistaken, and ur friends must be shitty drivers....it was only about 6moths ago that i purchased a 98 z28 auto that was stock....it ran a best of 8.68 @84mph....AUTO...my friends lid intake and longtubes (m6) ran a 7.80@91mph and there are videos to prove it.....while stock machs usually dont trap higher than 81-82mph....

My car bone stock ran 13.4@107 with a 2.2 60ft......... 84 in the 1/8th is what about 105 in the 1/4???? As i said before the newer 01/02 6spd will trap alittle higher than my car stock for stock. I ran 7.9@87 with just gears, xpipe, mufflers and a filter. The 01z and 98 t/a are autos that im talking about. The t/a with free mods, stall, full exhuast, lid. Ran 12.2@110-111 in the 1/4th I have videos, time slips too.

QuikGT

Banned
dan03mach said:
If you were there that night you would have known that that was me and Nick racing, I didn't see you. BTW Post up all the rest of his mods and what he really put down in that car like I posted.. I know everything about that car.. It was fast as hell and alot faster then most cam cars that he raced. That car was very light and made very good power.. If I'm not mistaken it put down 355hp/377tq

ur talkin to his old roommate! he told me he put down 347/362...and that was all he had was intake lid and tru duals(longtubes plus open xpipe)....stock tb as far as i remember stock gears, stock rear, stock shifter etc etc...those were the only power adding mods he had.....

yes i know that was u dan, i also met u a couple other times when he was in jordans car, the formula.....

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
ur talkin to his old roommate! he told me he put down 347/362...and that was all he had was intake lid and tru duals(longtubes plus open xpipe)....stock tb as far as i remember stock gears, stock rear, stock shifter etc etc...those were the only power adding mods he had.....

yes i know that was u dan, i also met u a couple other times when he was in jordans car, the formula.....
Well when Nick was racing me, he had all the other mods on there too, He had the 4.10's, built rear out of his White car, the Fast intake, the AC delete, and power stiring, and he also took some weight out of it. I can find his last dyno sheet of the car, but it was in the upper 35xhp and 37xtq rang.. When he first bought it he only had the LT's cut out, lid, Shanner 3, after that is when he took the mods off the white car and the duals and took all the other parts out..

Here is a post from LS1 tech that shows his dyno numbers..
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454959

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
well i dunno he never said anything about the built 10 bolt outta the white car....i know he took the intake, tds, and lid off the white Z, or at least thats what he told me...he never mentioned anything else......he also said u were on a 150shot and just filled up before yall raced that day....oh well no big deal anyways...im going to go workout...later

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
The fact this thread made it to nine pages makes me want to put my dick in the toilet seat and slam it a couple times.

I have never had trouble with Mach1s, but I will be the first to admit they can nail a terminator whos asleep on the line in a heads up 1/4. They are cars to be reckoned with, as much as I hate to admit it. Ive never had the pleasure of driving one. Maybe one of you Mach owners in the FL area can meet up with me, and we can take drives in each others cars =p

poopy01

My car is slow
Established Member
Tampa03cobra said:
The fact this thread made it to nine pages makes me want to put my dick in the toilet seat and slam it a couple times.

I have never had trouble with Mach1s, but I will be the first to admit they can nail a terminator whos asleep on the line in a heads up 1/4. They are cars to be reckoned with, as much as I hate to admit it. Ive never had the pleasure of driving one. Maybe one of you Mach owners in the FL area can meet up with me, and we can take drives in each others cars =p
:xpl:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
dan03mach said:
Well when Nick was racing me, he had all the other mods on there too, He had the 4.10's, built rear out of his White car, the Fast intake, the AC delete, and power stiring, and he also took some weight out of it. I can find his last dyno sheet of the car, but it was in the upper 35xhp and 37xtq rang.. When he first bought it he only had the LT's cut out, lid, Shanner 3, after that is when he took the mods off the white car and the duals and took all the other parts out..

Here is a post from LS1 tech that shows his dyno numbers..
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454959

YOur right Dan...this is funny. I thought that was you in the video, but wasn't 100% sure. I knew that Fbody didn't have just a 'few' minor bolt ons. And like I said above, no way in hell a dragger is going to put on some crappy no nothing rims with street tires on them...that would be the dumbest thing of all time (aside form duct tape for wind resistance).

Driver's race, why the hell is this so hard for some people to realize?

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
YOur right Dan...this is funny. I thought that was you in the video, but wasn't 100% sure. I knew that Fbody didn't have just a 'few' minor bolt ons. And like I said above, no way in hell a dragger is going to put on some crappy no nothing rims with street tires on them...that would be the dumbest thing of all time (aside form duct tape for wind resistance).

Driver's race, why the hell is this so hard for some people to realize?
I thought it was funny as hell too.. Trying to compair my car to Nicks Z28, that car had a hell alot of mods on it at the time, but it still had a stock cam, heads, but every other bold on you could do to make power, even taking out the AC system, and taking weight out of the car.. And with all that extra hp he had on me 35rwhp 38rwtq netted him to trap about 3-4mph higher. That car was probably lighter then mine too.

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
okay u dumbshits...i just got off the phone with nick and he said that he still had the a/c, power steering, and u WERE on a 150shot and u had just filled before the races..... uhhh and also for ur info he only took out the back seats (maybe 15lbs) and bumper support(maybe 15lbs) and wasnt using the built 10 bolt outta the white car his ex stella still has it in her car....u act like u know nick so well and shit, but u dont.....btw for everyone elses amusement the best time ive seen ur car run was a 7.58@96mph not a 7.1.....and ive been at the track when u were several times....most of the time when ppl talk shit it just makes me wanna race and prove u wrong...In this case it wouldnt help cuz i have a H/C car.....once again the only mods he did have were : lid, true duals, 4.10s(he did have those), a lil weight reduction, and intake(fast78).....sorry that u cant handle the fact a bolton car kept up with ur mach+nitrous.....

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
QuikGT said:
okay u dumbshits...i just got off the phone with nick and he said that he still had the a/c, power steering, and u WERE on a 150shot and u had just filled before the races..... uhhh and also for ur info he only took out the back seats (maybe 15lbs) and bumper support(maybe 15lbs) and wasnt using the built 10 bolt outta the white car his ex stella still has it in her car....u act like u know nick so well and shit, but u dont.....btw for everyone elses amusement the best time ive seen ur car run was a 7.58@96mph not a 7.1.....and ive been at the track when u were several times....most of the time when ppl talk shit it just makes me wanna race and prove u wrong...In this case it wouldnt help cuz i have a H/C car.....once again the only mods he did have were : lid, true duals, 4.10s(he did have those), a lil weight reduction, and intake(fast78).....sorry that u cant handle the fact a bolton car kept up with ur mach+nitrous.....
He had everything on that car I said it had, and I did only have a 1/2 a bottle of nitrous that day dumb ass and it is on a 125 shot, you want to see the damn pills? He had the rearend out of the white car in there, I know this because I asked him about the rear when he was running on the BFG drag radials and he told me he had it in there along with the 4.10 gears that came in it. Why do you think he was shifting into 4th gear in the 1/8 if he didn't have 4.10 gears and he was only trapping 91-92mph.. It just makes since, now you wouldn't be shifting into 4th if you still had the stock 3.42's in there.. Think about it before you come in here and try to tell people about of B.S... BTW I do know Nick very good, we hang out all the time, well use to, my work keeps me from going out too much anymore. The best you seen my car run is a 7.58 hahahaha thats just funny as hell, you must be blind then.. Just so you know what I run here a 2 of my slips from the week after these. Sorry but my bolt on Mach keep up just fine with his bolt on car.. I beat that car almost everytime going down the track with me on motor.. The only times he won was when he redlighted. Sorry I didn't need the nitrous to be that car at the track. He still wasn't running a faster ET then me on motor, why would I need Nitrous??

N20runs.jpg

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
QuikGT said:

Just one question.......if back seats are only 15 pounds, why waste the time taking them out?
Just because you have only seen him run a 7.56 doesnt' mean anything...are you saying that you have been to every single track run that he has?
There is a difference between talking sh!t, and having a hard time believing something. I mean, seriously, you were wrong on the tires, wrong on the gears, wrong on the suspensino, and didnt' mention weight reduction. That is why people have a hard time believing stuff. You came in stating this car ran X time with Y mods vs. Z time with A mods......come to find out, you were wrong on both car's mods.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
He is just in denial.. Its ok I don't really give a f-ck either way because I know exactly what was on both cars since I was the one racing..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Bring your H/C car out to Kennedale sometime and lets see how fast it is.. You think you can beat me?? Lets see..

QuikGT

Banned
omg ur an idiot....even tho u can beat him et wise his car was still faster than urs...hence the 91-92 traps vs ur 87-88 traps in the 8th mile......and i was only wrong about the gears on nicks car and suspension on dans car....its whatever....

i dont currently have access to some radials....just my street tires.
yes i do think my h/c car is faster than urs, mine is the faster car as i WILL trap higher than u......and ill do it n/a.

punk keep it up, ive seen u before, ur a skinny lil bitch....from now on when ur at the track u might want to bring a few friends with u....just in case things get out of hand....well see how much u like to troll in person....

so yea you MIGHT beat me at the trackbut on the hwy ull get owned....

Users who are viewing this thread