01 cobra or 04 mach 1

gtpowered4.6l

Established Member
I had a similar choice also. An 04 Mach 1 with 55,000 with exhaust mods only. They were asking $18,500. I also had the option for a 99 Cobra with 91,000 miles, new 01 Engine with paperwork for 1500 miles, a little suspension, exhaust and wheels for $9000. I bought the 99 Cobra swapped out the rear for free with a GT friend, bought drag radials and run mid 12's easily. I love owning a cobra. Machs sure are sexy though. Its just something about having a cobra though.

TRXboy

Established Member
I had a similar choice also. An 04 Mach 1 with 55,000 with exhaust mods only. They were asking $18,500. I also had the option for a 99 Cobra with 91,000 miles, new 01 Engine with paperwork for 1500 miles, a little suspension, exhaust and wheels for $9000. I bought the 99 Cobra swapped out the rear for free with a GT friend, bought drag radials and run mid 12's easily. I love owning a cobra. Machs sure are sexy though. Its just something about having a cobra though.

Not trying to be a dick at all, but unless you have not updated your signature, 12.8's would be really pushing the "mid 12's" claim....

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member

I think for 1/2 the $$ and nearly new engine, I would've done the same. :thumbsup:

HamMach1

Established Member
There's nothing better then seeing that Shaker stick in your face while you drive :rockon:
I will be burried in the Mach the day I day and will use the Shaker as the tombstone. At least that saves money on my casket!

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member
Are you a buy it for the name kinda person?
There are only two valid excuses for buying a 99 or 01 cobra, either you bought it when it first came out or you wanted a convertible, otherwise you obviously didnt do your research when looking for a car. My mach would spank the shyite outta your Cobra motor for motor. "CR" does it for us.
I had a 99 Cobra, not a whole lot different than the 01's. I bought it in 02, but when the Mach's came out in 03 I drove one a kicked myself for not waiting. Hands down it was faster, felt it in the butt-o-meter. Now that I have two I definetely feel I made the right decision, especially since I spank my buddies that have 99's or 01's!

What kind of power are your buddies making! They must be stock!

95blowncobra

95blowncobra
Established Member

I could not have said it better myself!

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I think you should look for a better deal, if you have 20k bite the bullet and save up or borrow the additional 3K and buy the better of the three, a terminator. But if it has to be the out of the two I would also pick the 01 over the Mach. I'm not fixated on straight line performance. I like to enjoy some corner carving so I would rather have the IRS and the Cobra's interior looks better.

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I think you should look for a better deal, if you have 20k bite the bullet and save up or borrow the additional 3K and buy the better of the three, a terminator. But if it has to be the out of the two I would also pick the 01 over the Mach. I'm not fixated on straight line performance. I like to enjoy some corner carving so I would rather have the IRS and the Cobra's interior looks better.

I disagree........but agree.

I disagree on the choices you would make...but that is only because I agree with the point you are trying to make.................it comes down to personal preference. I had a terminator and mach at the same time..there was just something abotu the mach.....

almach

Established Member
I agree with most of the comments here, I owned an 01 cobra and I have the 03 Mach. My opinion the Mach is faster, looks better and much more fun to drive, the Cobra rode better and the seats were awesome in the winter time. Not to make anybody mad, but some people are very proud to say they own a COBRA! I like the low end power and the gears of the Mach, but both are nice cars, you can't go wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread