Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Live Q&A!

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Cool!
1.) Aside from the items mentioned, and seen on the video (i.e. ported blower, intercooler res.), are there any other mods on the car?
2.) Is the MAF pegging, and if so, how are you resolving?
3.) Was there ice in the intercooler reservoir for the dyno pulls?
4.) Did you measure before and after IAT's with the unported vs. ported blower?

:thumbsup:
S.

Evolution

Established Member
Snorman said:
Cool!
1.) Aside from the items mentioned, and seen on the video (i.e. ported blower, intercooler res.), are there any other mods on the car?
2.) Is the MAF pegging, and if so, how are you resolving?
3.) Was there ice in the intercooler reservoir for the dyno pulls?
4.) Did you measure before and after IAT's with the unported vs. ported blower?

:thumbsup:
S.

1) The only other mods are the front brakes, 4.10 gears and Suspension Pieces (BMR Prototype Stuff) Anti-Rollbar, Lower Control Arms, Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Panhard Bar, Panhard Brace, 3rd Link. Struts, Shocks, Springs, 4" Aluminum Driveshaft, Chrome Moly Roll Cage, Cobra Racing Seats!

2) The MAF was pegging stock at about 6350 RPM (when I raised the limiter in the stock tune), but's it's not pegging anymore! I can't go into details on that quite yet! It will be announced real soon.

3) The was NO ice in the reservoir, just Distilled water, We will be using Ice at the track!

4: No, Not yet!

mrfarmdog

Stripe and Graphics dude!
Established Member
I believe I want to see the same info that everyone else does, but let me ask for it in a different way...

How about giving a detailed chronology of what you have done to the car since you purchased it, listing dyno pulls and track runs in the chronology as well, with results so we can see what you did, when you did it, and the performance gains that resulted.

I am really happy to see you guys blazing the trail so good work! Help us all to interpret the results correctly. Personally I would also like to hear about what you did to loose some weight and how much.

bubbrubb

dgussin1 said:
What is a chickpea if it is neither a chick nor a pea?
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

seriously though:
1) Why have you performed weight reduction on the car so soon, why not wait to see what the car is able to do at stock (or near stock) weight?

2) have you made any 1/4 mile passes on the car in stock form? on stock tires or on the current bogart set up?

3) How many miles do you have on the car? I presume that if you took the time to let the engine loosen up a bit by putting some miles on it, you would get better numbers than you would on a 'green' engine like you have right now.

4) Have you weighed the car in stock form or current form? If so, can you share that with us?

Thank you very much, and keep up the good work Evolution Performance!

05GTVert

Bored
Established Member
VelociTT said:

seriously though:
1) Why have you performed weight reduction on the car so soon, why not wait to see what the car is able to do at stock (or near stock) weight?

2) have you made any 1/4 mile passes on the car in stock form? on stock tires or on the current bogart set up?

3) How many miles do you have on the car? I presume that if you took the time to let the engine loosen up a bit by putting some miles on it, you would get better numbers than you would on a 'green' engine like you have right now.

4) Have you weighed the car in stock form or current form? If so, can you share that with us?

I would like the same questions answer'd please...

Formula51

Established Member
Evolution said:
1) The only other mods are the front brakes, 4.10 gears and Suspension Pieces (BMR Prototype Stuff) Anti-Rollbar, Lower Control Arms, Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, Panhard Bar, Panhard Brace, 3rd Link. Struts, Shocks, Springs, 4" Aluminum Driveshaft, Chrome Moly Roll Cage, Cobra Racing Seats!

Thank you for listing that. I have been trying to figure out what suspension mods were done for a long time. It sounds like everything is in place to make some killer passes. Now you just need to get it all dialed in and increase the seat time. Best of luck!:beer:

Logan2003Cobra

Established Member
Why oh why... didn't you put the pulley on and dyno BEFORE the port? Then EVERYBODY would be happy.

"GOSH!!!"

ND

Last edited:

bubbrubb

Logan2003Cobra said:
Why oh why... didn't you put the pulley on and dyno BEFORE the port? Then EVERYBODY would be happy.

"GOSH!!!"

ND
I'm not going to put words in anyones mouths..... buuut they did have a negligable difference with the port versus the unported. I'm sure above 14psi and with a more aggressive port like he is doing on the 03/04 cobras there will be some decent power to be gained over the stock blower (I think I remember that Steig. didn't do a very aggressive port job from what I could understand, as its a newer blower and its probably better to push the envelope rather than overshoot it and ruin the blower)

Klay

Established Member
VelociTT said:

seriously though:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312942
That is a thread that was posted in this forum of them doing a 1/4 mile run which put them in the 11's with some bolt on's. I think you will be able to find the original thread somewhere around here with a stock run, it was somewhere in the mid 12's I believe.

The bold part should somewhat answer your questions

Fourcam330

Established Member
Evolution:
Bring your car to Smackdown @ Norwalk this October 20th. $40 to run all day long on one of the nicest tracks in the country. We fully prep the track all the way down both lanes, and some people run 30+ times. It would be a great opportunity for you to dial in your combo;-)

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Terminator said:
What was the difference between the before/after port with the 2.6 pulley?

EXACTLY. Hopefully we get an answer to this question. Once again, I would think that Evolution would have this critical info datalogged since they have the dyno to get results from EACH INDIVIDUAL MOD done that entails hp. and tq. gain or loss. :poke:

bubbrubb

Klay said:
The bold part should somewhat answer your questions
Thanks, but I was more interested in seeing what they ran with the car in stock form, that way we could see what type of gain the mods on the car netted when compared to stock.

chuckstang

Established Member
Bottom line on this car-It already has more mods than most owners will ever do
Majority of owners and including myself are going to do Intake, Exhaust, tune, Pulley and then port and gears...probably lowering springs and shifter but thats really about it. (obviously some better tires too)
I want to see what a gt500 runs with those mods, stock weight!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread