Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Live Q&A!

SteveEvo8

Established Member
VelociTT said:
OK, now I have a question for you that you actually have no responsibility to answer.

Why do you make a thread saying Shelby GT500 Live Q&A, then overlook the questions that have been posted in the thread? I understand that you have alot more business to do than just sit online and answer forum quesitons, but if you're going to respond to the thread - about questions for you, nonetheless - respond to the questions in the thread, rather than just stating that you will be the first 10 second Shelby :nonono:

I agree i'd like to see your questions answered as well, as i have more or less the same questions you do. Doesn't matter to me who is in the 10's first, just remember it never matters who gets there first. In other markets, and its been seen over and over again the first one in the x.xx time is usually not always going to be the fastest in the end.

Also another question, that is part of VelociTT's. How much of a weight reduction are we talking about?

I didn't mean to sound negative, you guys are doing great work i just would of liked to see what you could of done more with a closer to stock like mod path. Something thats a bit more "affordable" for people who have this car, and or will be getting it soon.

Steve

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
I didn't mean to sound negative, you guys are doing great work i just would of liked to see what you could of done more with a closer to stock like mod path. Something thats a bit more "affordable" for people who have this car, and or will be getting it soon.
It's been said before these guys are building an all out drag car. They have aspirations to be the first in the 10's or hell maybe even the 9's. Thats why they are not worried about the small details. There will be SEVERAL more owners than this doing the "smaller" mods like tune, pulley, exhaust etc. In time all these will be addressed. For now get off their nuts, they are just sharing their findings so far on THEIR car in the quest to be the first. I hope they are the first in the 10's and I'd say they are blazing one hell of path.:beer:

Last edited:

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
IMO they should have added a pulley, CAI and exhaust with full weight and just ran it at the track THEN built the drag car. No one else on this board is going full race.

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
RepoMann said:
Jesus! Why don't you ask the guy to draw a diagram of the genetic sequence of his DNA while he was sitting in the car during the dyno pull, and what was the relative humidity in his pants at the time. Just take the numbers that were provided for god's sake. Why in the world would you need to know the relative humidity during the dyno pull?? I realize that it would have a very slight impact on HP numbers, but c'mon. How technical do you really have to get.

I mean seriously, do we have to get that specific here?
Funny guy. I normally don't respond to comments like yours, but for you I'll make an exception. Believe it or not, depending on the pressure and temperature, RH can make quite a significant difference in the correction factor applied. For example, with everything else at SAE reference conditions, (25 °C & 990 mb), changing the RH can increase the correction factor by up to about 4%! So let me do the rest of the math for you. If that’s with a 500 hp engine, you’re talking 20 hp.

And if the temperature at the time the pull was done goes up higher, then the RH can make an even more significant difference. If it’s 90 °F, for example, then RH can affect the correction factor by up to 6%, or 30 rhp.

If you tell me that’s insignificant, then I’m sure you wouldn’t bother making any mods to your car to gain that much. Heck…I know guys who spent close to a thousand on LTs, or a couple thousand on cams to only make 20-30 rwHP!

And just about anyone on here will tell you what timing, AFR and boost pressure mean when it comes to power and torque production!

If you’ve nothing of significance to contribute, and only care to bust my balls or start an argument with me, then don’t waste out time. Honest to god. I get so tired of listening to guys like you. Grow up for god’s sake!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
OK Guys:

Tone it down a bit in here. I've already had to edit one post and I'd rather not have to edit any more. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This isn't Smackdown.

I know everyone wants answers from Fred and you may be frustrated he's not coming in here? They may be busy in the shop with the car? Who knows?

I'm pretty sure we will hopefully hear a track report this weekend? Chill a bit. Rome wasn't built in a day and you're not going to have instant results dealing with a new car!

:read:

bubbrubb

ac427cobra said:
Rome wasn't built in a day and you're not going to have instant results dealing with a new car!

I can understand that, but I just have a hard time understanding the logic behind a "Q&A" thread, that there are only Q's in :shrug:

its not very productive, nor does it look good for the original thread starter :nono:

Formula51

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
OK Guys:

Tone it down a bit in here. I've already had to edit one post and I'd rather not have to edit any more. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. This isn't Smackdown.

I know everyone wants answers from Fred and you may be frustrated he's not coming in here? They may be busy in the shop with the car? Who knows?

I'm pretty sure we will hopefully hear a track report this weekend? Chill a bit. Rome wasn't built in a day and you're not going to have instant results dealing with a new car!

:read:

I understand the position you are in, but you really need to stop defending Evolution. They obviously took the time to read the replies, as the quoted one of them, and make a response. Yet, they did not answer a singe question in their own Q&A thread. That is unexcusable!

Just let them defend themselves. It is about darn time they did and that is what we are all waiting in here for anyhow.

Eddie

RepoMann

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Funny guy. I normally don't respond to comments like yours, but for you I'll make an exception. Believe it or not, depending on the pressure and temperature, RH can make quite a significant difference in the correction factor applied. For example, with everything else at SAE reference conditions, (25 °C & 990 mb), changing the RH can increase the correction factor by up to about 4%! So let me do the rest of the math for you. If that’s with a 500 hp engine, you’re talking 20 hp.

And if the temperature at the time the pull was done goes up higher, then the RH can make an even more significant difference. If it’s 90 °F, for example, then RH can affect the correction factor by up to 6%, or 30 rhp.

If you tell me that’s insignificant, then I’m sure you wouldn’t bother making any mods to your car to gain that much. Heck…I know guys who spent close to a thousand on LTs, or a couple thousand on cams to only make 20-30 rwHP!

And just about anyone on here will tell you what timing, AFR and boost pressure mean when it comes to power and torque production!

If you’ve nothing of significance to contribute, and only care to bust my balls or start an argument with me, then don’t waste out time. Honest to god. I get so tired of listening to guys like you. Grow up for god’s sake!

Damn guys, whats with all the hostility? I am surely not a noob, and I don't appreciate the tone that I am being replied to in. Don't you guys have any sense of humor? Geeeez.:shrug:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
RepoMann said:
Damn guys, whats with all the hostility? I am surely not a noob, and I don't appreciate the tone that I am being replied to in. Don't you guys have any sense of humor? Geeeez.:shrug:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
VelociTT said:
I can understand that, but I just have a hard time understanding the logic behind a "Q&A" thread, that there are only Q's in :shrug:

its not very productive, nor does it look good for the original thread starter :nono:

I'm not saying I don't disagree with you!

Formula51 said:
I understand the position you are in, but you really need to stop defending Evolution. They obviously took the time to read the replies, as the quoted one of them, and make a response. Yet, they did not answer a singe question in their own Q&A thread. That is unexcusable!

Just let them defend themselves. It is about darn time they did and that is what we are all waiting in here for anyhow.

Eddie

Right now, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt! I'm trying to be fair and balanced. That may change? But for right now, I'm exercising a little patience! Something nobody else seems to have in here?! :rollseyes

dgussin1 said:

Dave:

Lighten up on the guy a little!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dave:

Lighten up on the guy a little!
It's just frustrating to have to deal with some people's replies when they have no merit to make statements and claims.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
dgussin1 said:
It's just frustrating to have to deal with some people's replies when they have no merit to make statements and claims.

Don't think I don't feel your pain! When you talk about being frustrated, you're preaching to the Choir there Brother! :dw:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
RepoMann said:
Unfortunatly, you have to understand that some folks have a lot riding on this car and its reputation. Not just those that are replacing much loved earlier COBRA's, or people that have paid outrageous markups, but fans of the blue oval, and even the few that have seen that real high-performance at Ford is hanging by the thinnest of threads. As such, humor is a rare commodity around these parts, and will be for some time, at least until some of the bitterness about the way this program has played out is viewed through the back window. So, please, pull up a seat, bump around the net(there are several focused GT500 boards now) and WAIT for the info to flow in. Even though the majority of the 2000 or so cars built up until now are going into collections or worse, being left in the wrapper hopeing for a future pay-off, there are a few brave owners who are going to find out what the truth is. And you know how to recognize these folks right? They are the ones with the arrows in their backs. Believe me, going first is not easy.( as in the past for myself, parts are just to damm expensive to buy and change out at 15 cents on the dollar. Early 4 valve reground cams anyone?:cuss: )

Formula51

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'm not saying I don't disagree with you!
Right now, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt! I'm trying to be fair and balanced. That may change? But for right now, I'm exercising a little patience! Something nobody else seems to have in here?! :rollseyes

I understand and you are doing the right thing. This situation is just frustrating, thats all. We all just want to be happy about the numbers and learn as much as we can, but now everything is tainted and our minds are clouded with doubt. Please bring out the sunshine Evolution!

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
you know i thought that they were blazing the trail for us gt500 owners so that we would ultimately buy parts from them that they produced from thier trials(which i for sure had plans on doing) they advertised for the drag packs on the end of the videos but yet they give skeptical and few bits of info on the car, i think they need to pay more attention to the customer base no matter what they are doing cause at the end of the month rent is due.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
Bottom line...don't start a Q/A thread if you have no time/intentions of really answering. The silence speaks volumes more than anything here now.

redline360

Established Member
Now it just seems like a shameless plug for the shop. Cmon you make a thread to answer questions stating your gonna be online for the next 2 hours, then only make one response that doesnt answer one question.......yea

STill anyways, the numbers kick ass(if they are actually the true numbers). Who knows what other mods this cars has and if the power levels are true

Last edited:

RepoMann

Established Member
dgussin1 said:

That's mature. Good god. Does everybody on these automobile forums really think that you don't know anything about cars till you have 1000 posts? You aren't serious, right? There are a whole lot more knowledgable people than yourself in this world that have never signed up on a single message board in case you don't know.

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
RepoMann said:
That's mature. Good god. Does everybody on these automobile forums really think that you don't know anything about cars till you have 1000 posts? You aren't serious, right? There are a whole lot more knowledgable people than yourself in this world that have never signed up on a single message board in case you don't know.

Don't take it personally. Any member here who doesn't own a ford is automatically singled out and harrassed. It's a sort of initiation to see if you're a troll or not.

You're going to LOVE the finger up the ass prank. :eek:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread