Evolution Performance - Shelby GT500 Live Q&A!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
RepoMann said:
That's mature. Good god. Does everybody on these automobile forums really think that you don't know anything about cars till you have 1000 posts? You aren't serious, right? There are a whole lot more knowledgable people than yourself in this world that have never signed up on a single message board in case you don't know.
that was my reply to "I am not a newb".

Svt Pilot

Established Member
badboysbailagnt said:
do you think 700rwhp is possible by adding a 2.6 or 2.8 kenne bell without shooting the rods out the side of the block

You would need a built motor real quick with 700rwhp, its only a matter of time.

03blwn281

Got 500rwhp?
Established Member
I really dont see anyone else doing anything with these cars yet......So until someone else has other data I suggest we take it and like it and thats that...

I've spoke to Fred a couple of times and sounds very knowledgable and maybe we should give him credit for being the first to drive these cars like there supposed to and NOT leave them in the garage....

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT FRED!!!!!!!!!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eichisama said:
Aaaahhhhhhh! Triple negatives! So, what you're saying is that you disagree with him? :poke:
:beer:

"I don't disagree with you" is only a double negative. Which equates to "I do agree with you". The first part was just admitting I didn't want to say it! :p

Actually, I DO agree with him. :-D

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
OK I know I'm new here but lets put it liek this, the shop is 8min for my house I still prefer to drive 90min out to McNews Automotive.

I was at the track in Cecil they were there bragging 11's and pulled a 12.8.

I have seen them throw differnt cars on dynos and almost pull the exhasut off of them when they bottom out getting back off the dyno.

I dont care if they pulled 11's or 5's I dont trust them with my car.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
damn! all this time i thought it was a privelage for a shop to actually report on their results on a web forum, but i guess its mandatory. not only that but the info must be up to date, with in 1 hour of the info happening.

my point is that im damn happy for this shop actually updating us nobodys on a random forum about what their doing to the car, and everyone else should be too. maybe they got sick of all the hostile bullshit that happens in this place and dont plan on coming back here. in this place, if your not attacked by one side your attacked by the other.

10.5secAWDTALON

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
damn! all this time i thought it was a privelage for a shop to actually report on their results on a web forum, but i guess its mandatory. not only that but the info must be up to date, with in 1 hour of the info happening.

my point is that im damn happy for this shop actually updating us nobodys on a random forum about what their doing to the car, and everyone else should be too. maybe they got sick of all the hostile bullshit that happens in this place and dont plan on coming back here. in this place, if your not attacked by one side your attacked by the other.

First off shops have one goal when being in forums, generate business interest among the readers. How they do that can sometimes be questionable.

Second, once they open the door and start talking, posting info they better be dead on accurate, forthcoming and honest.

Third, if they start a "live Q/A" thread, they jolly well better be in it and answering.

Over the years I've always been a bit suspicious of the flag flying , "we did it first" shops that jump on forums and post their stuff, first in the 12's, the 11's 10's, 9's....more often than not down the road those are the folks who BS'ed the most, and charged the most early on raking in the early cash rush from less than patient new vehicle owners who later regret their rush to the "we were there first" tuners.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
they do have the right to have a life outside of a forum, and outside of the shop too, if you can believe that.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
LOL, came to check out this thread to find some cool info. All I see is one post by Evolution that means absolutely nothing. I am not bagging on the guys, I don't know them, but they are bringing this stuff on themselves... Q and A thread, I guess they meant Q with no A thread.

Klay

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
they do have the right to have a life outside of a forum, and outside of the shop too, if you can believe that.

While I agree that they have the right to a life outside the forums, the fact that they started a live Q&A thread means they should answer people's questions in a timely manner. If this was just a regular thread like the other ones they have made, then I would agree they don't have to answer any of the questions in there. However, they started this thread so they should do like they said they would do and answer questions. In the end, it will make them look more credible and possibly bring in future business.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
damn, you got me there. about the only thing i noticed in the topic name was "evo per - Q&A", never noticed the "live" part. in that case i do agree. i still think we could all excercise some patience though(like has been said numerous other times in this thread).

BrookhavenTuner

Established Member
Klay said:
While I agree that they have the right to a life outside the forums, the fact that they started a live Q&A thread means they should answer people's questions in a timely manner. If this was just a regular thread like the other ones they have made, then I would agree they don't have to answer any of the questions in there. However, they started this thread so they should do like they said they would do and answer questions. In the end, it will make them look more credible and possibly bring in future business.

If you go to their shop there is a guy at the front desk about all day at a PC, its more the fact they dont care enough to post then they dont have time.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
If you go to their shop there is a guy at the front desk about all day at a PC, its more the fact they dont care enough to post then they dont have time.
I don't think we need to bash their shop guys. Maybe the guy at the computer all day doesn't post here. Let's not tear them all down yet. Let them speak whenever it may be and go from there.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread