• ZR1

Votes: 57 49.1%
  • ACR

Votes: 59 50.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
so im in the market for either a zr1 or acr viper. im leaning towards the zr1 bc you get so much more car for the money. but the acr on the other hand is so rare and an attention getter. what would you guys choose and why

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
The ACR, just because you get the "wow" effect from the eyes of everyone around you vs. the "oh he's old and retired effect." Haha kidding, but both are excellent choices. True, you get more for the money in the zr1. However, the rarity of vipers in general is a big selling point for me, and the performance isn't exactly shabby.

Kiohtee

Established Member
This is an extremely hard question... Vipers in general are just plain sexy, as are C6 Corvettes, but the ZR1 is gonna give you a TON of performance for the money while the Viper won't be weak by any means and will look killer and standout while doing it.

Either one would be a fun ride to add to the stable. Good luck!

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
ACR much more rare and unique then the ZR1. Plus they cracked the Gen. IV computer so they can now be tuned. Intake Exhaust tune and it will be a lot faster then then a stock ZR1.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Op needs to decide if he wants comfort or a track car. The ACR can be driven out in the streets but shines on the track. The zr1 is the exact opposite, but it can do both. While close in performance the ACR just has more down force and will do better on the road course.

If this was a '08-'10 Viper vs ZR1, then my vote is Viper.

But since its ACR, my vote is ZR1. Lol, had this been a track car comparison ACR.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
i will not be tracking any car. i just wanted both cars since forever and am finally able to buy one. my only factor of getting the acr viper is the wow factor, but is the wow factor enough to buy over a zr1. the options,technology, etc is superior in my opinion in the zr1. it just doesnt have the wow factor like the acr. this is the hardest choice ive had to make in a long time lol

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
ACR much more rare and unique then the ZR1. Plus they cracked the Gen. IV computer so they can now be tuned. Intake Exhaust tune and it will be a lot faster then then a stock ZR1.
Same mods and a pulley on the ZR1? Why compare stock to modded when they are in the same class and direct competitors?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
i will not be tracking any car. i just wanted both cars since forever and am finally able to buy one. my only factor of getting the acr viper is the wow factor, but is the wow factor enough to buy over a zr1. the options,technology, etc is superior in my opinion in the zr1. it just doesnt have the wow factor like the acr. this is the hardest choice ive had to make in a long time lol
You don't need an ACR for the wow factor, this is paintless302's ride:

14536402633_10c411a3bf_h.jpg

14330143247_efacbc8295_h.jpg

14493192756_4237102c78_h.jpg

14515304682_dcb62d9442_h.jpg

Just add the front splitter and you're done. That is what I would do if I owned a Viper, while the wing is racy and all, the coupe look without it is just as mean.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
yea i actually called about this car the day after it sold, small world seeing it on here. however i would still be more inclined on buying the acr

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
viper to impress other car guys.

zr1 to impress yourself

dont get me wrong, i love vipers. but i think the zr1 is the better car.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
ZR1 hands down. The Viper is sexy but it's less refined, more raw, more dangerous, and you gotta be under 6ft tall to be comfortable. I'm 6ft 5in, and had no problems in my C6Z's or my friends ZR1, couldnt come close to squeezing myself into any viper. Plus, the mod path for the ZR1 is better established, overly documented, simple. Another huge factor is the cost of insurance, the ZR1 is drastically less expensive because every viper on the road has either been wrecked or will be wrecked and insurance companie have been paying out claims on them for years. Most ZR1's (and most C6Z's) are owned by old/older farts that never drive them, still have the original runflats. I paid $450/yr for insurance on a brand new C6Z and my Viper buddy was paying $2000/yr, no history on either of us. Anyway, that's just my .02

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Zr1 no question.

If you want attention and a thrill ride get a polished aluminum 1965 427 Kirkham cobra with side pipes. Nothing will get attention like that car.

Users who are viewing this thread