ZR 1s are fast

03 deadpool

Established Member
There is a cyber gray ? zr 1 in my girlfriends town, it is a bad ass ride ,boze wheels ,long tubes , pullied and tuned, those are the mods i know of. Anyway i was driving home in my cobra and passed him, he was makeing a right turn off a side street and got in behind me. He followed me for a mile or so and as i was merging onto the expressway i got on it pretty good and at that point in time i see said ZR1 jump in the left lane and came around me like im standing still as he was passing me he gave me the thumbs up. He put 8 or 9 cars on me and slowed to a legal speed. Not really a race more of a sluaghter, wanted to tell the tale cuase they are awsome.

Mach828

Established Member
should have had the TVS on the cobra instead of in the garage! sorry to hear about the slaughter.

sav03cobra

Established Member
So he was passing you? lol

How was that a race? No line up, no honking, no gear dropping. So many fine details left out.

Not a good story....Want to rewrite and try again?

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
There is a cyber gray ? zr 1 in my girlfriends town, it is a bad ass ride ,boze wheels ,long tubes , pullied and tuned, those are the mods i know of. Anyway i was driving home in my cobra and passed him, he was makeing a right turn off a side street and got in behind me. He followed me for a mile or so and as i was merging onto the expressway i got on it pretty good and at that point in time i see said ZR1 jump in the left lane and came around me like im standing still as he was passing me he gave me the thumbs up. He put 8 or 9 cars on me and slowed to a legal speed. Not really a race more of a sluaghter, wanted to tell the tale cuase they are awsome.
You gonna put up with that shit? A camaro?

just kidding, there's always somebody faster. I'm probably going to be running a tt bmw and a tt 5.0 very soon. I expect to lose at least one of the races.

bmyles

Established Member
I ran one last year and had Him form a dig to the top of forth gear by about a car then he came around me lol. Probably the only reason I got that far was because the old guy couldn't drive it good, but yeah there no joke.

djervin

Established Member
ZR1's are awesome. My favorite part about the car is the brakes, they feel incredible. My Father has one, all stock. In my TVS 10' gt500 (100 octane tune/ catless x/ intake/ 2.5" pulley 17lbs.) on a short run I would inch on him for about a second and let out. We would go through 3rd and hit 4th for a second and I felt good about the run (I was also on nt05'rs). Anything past 4th gear I know what would start happening....

ST04Snake

Screaming Orange Mach
Established Member
I raced a zr1 in TX in my old 04 cobra (T76 BB Turbo setup, everything built, high boost).....idk what was done to the car but he walked me like i was was nothing. i agree with above, there is no shame in losing to these cars. theyre insanely fast. :rockon:

mrlrd1

Established Member

How was that a race? No line up, no honking, no gear dropping. So many fine details left out.

Try reading the story next time. The Cobra got the jump and a several car lead.

03 deadpool

Established Member
When i was getting on the expressway i was in third to the boards messing around and he came around me. Even if i sprayed or had the tvs i dont think it would have mattered. With work, weddings, divorces more work etc im sick of looking at the tvs, labor day weekend gonna install it.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

Don't think any of that would have made a difference. He needed every advantage he could get.
And I understood his story just fine. Nice death op :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread