ZR-1 vs. Ford GT in Friday afternoon run in

MystictealLt1

Established Member
i would kill to have a zr1 one day...even the lt4 vettes are no joke.. but nice kill,havent really heard of many modded LT5's

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Was your car built by Linginfelter? From what I understand they were the cars to beat at the standing mile in the mid 90's.

415ZR1

Established Member
No, it was built by Aaron Scott from South Georgia Corvettes. He probably is the only tuner shop that works very closely with Graham Behan from LPE performance. Graham was the powerplant engineer that worked at GM during the development of the LT5 and was responsible for the big power 415 C.I
LT5's that came out of that shop. Like I said only about 25 415's have been built in the history of the ZR-1.

When I had the motor built in 2001 it was the motor to beat when going NA. Technology has pasted me by but I still like the look on peoples faces when I pop the hood. It is the best looking motor IMHO. Look at my blog link in my sig and enlarge the pictures. Aaron did a great job making the motor look as good as it performs. It is a blast to drive.

The Ford GT I raced looked great and just like the 03 and 04 Cobra's has a great platform to start building power with very minor mods. I am sure the next time we meet he will have a little something extra for me.

Was your car built by Linginfelter? From what I understand they were the cars to beat at the standing mile in the mid 90's.

415ZR1

Established Member
My 415 did the standing mile at 183 mph. Nowadays those TT vipers are ruling the standing mile @ somewhere north of 200 mph.

Fastfords

Established Member
My 415 did the standing mile at 183 mph. Nowadays those TT vipers are ruling the standing mile @ somewhere north of 200 mph.

Recently a TT Ford GT went 225 in the standing mile. A Supra went 228.7. Some of the TT GT's routinely put down 900 rwhp.

Last edited:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
very cool kill. Def. not common cars on either side. It is awesome that you were able to pull on the GT but, I hope he mods to put up a better fight next time.

rev440

young punk
Established Member

Thats still quick for a car thats all motor. Lotus built a beautiful motor for the ZR1 and you perfected it.

444_Fed

Banned
I had a '91 ZR-1 but never modded it. That car felt so good toward the top-end. Not as quick as the Cobra I'm driving but it just felt right. Like a sport bike.

I want another one. Yours?

C6 Z06

Established Member

I was at the last weekend for runs at Maxton NC this year and saw a TT Viper break Hennesseys record with a 231.6 mph. Sweet!

Last edited:

415ZR1

Established Member
I am willing to bet that he has already checked into the pulley/tune mod for sure.
Thanks for the props guys. I really enjoy driving the car and it is not a hanger queen. This car gets driven alot and hard. Isn't that the way it is suppose to be?
Joel

very cool kill. Def. not common cars on either side. It is awesome that you were able to pull on the GT but, I hope he mods to put up a better fight next time.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Sweet car and nice kill. Had no idea those cars were so fast. I ran into one earlier this year when getting off a highway exit. Saw the little ZR-1 badge, but didn't think anything of it til later in the day when I realized how rare they are.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Lotus designed it, but it was built by Mercury Marine in the U.S. Georgia, IIRC. :)

Thank you sir, I didnt know that.:beer: Yet another thing to make one of the coolest cars built by chevy just a little more unique.

Fastfords

Established Member
Lotus designed it, but it was built by Mercury Marine in the U.S. Georgia, IIRC. :)

If I remember correctly, Lotus did 60 machining operations to the heads and Mercury Marine built the motors. They were shipped complete including wiring to the Corvette plant. I had a new Corvette in 96' but could not afford the $70k+ price tag on the ZR-1's. Besides, 95 was the last year for them.

Users who are viewing this thread