ZO6 vs Cobra....

Yellow Horse

Established Member
Lol, alot of people underestimate Z's. With a good driver their pretty tough to beat all things equal.

Look, Alice, you may live in Wonderland but the laws of physics still apply. Your Z may be your God, your dream, your fantasy, your Wonderland or whatever but on a track it can't even beat a lowly 03 Cobra with a 10 dollar pulley, exhaust and a chip.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
these threads always turn into stuff like this lol
twin screwed cobras and z06 vettes are the slower cars around where I live.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yellow Horse please go crawl back under your rock before someone turns you into glue. A guy with a Z06 must have pissed in your cereal this morning. Lol im in wonderland haha wake the phuck up. Its funny how you laugh at the fact that Ive had an 03 Cobra, what's so funny, you think im lieing? Haha moron!! Dont need to prove anything to you especially when I know quite a few people personally on this board and they have seen it. If you had a brain you'd know a thing or two about car's but your obviously so full of $hit so please keep your trap shut (to help avoid getting the thread closed)

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
But wait, at least you get to gome home in a vette, right? The only thing is everybody and his damned brother owns one.

That's funny I didn't see one in your sig? Does your brother own one? Didn't think so, so again I guess your wrong. Oh and your other statement, ever think why so many Cobra guy's go to Vette's? think about it.

commando

Established Member
No kiddn, this thread exploded. Damn. It's all good. The Zo6 is a capable machine just like the terminator. I strongly prefer the terminator and would guess (since THIS IS AN SVT FORUM) most here agree.

Quik Z06

Established Member
No kiddn, this thread exploded. Damn. It's all good. The Zo6 is a capable machine just like the terminator. I strongly prefer the terminator and would guess (since THIS IS AN SVT FORUM) most here agree.

Its all in good fun, I dont take any of this serious. Ive been here long enough to know better :) I wouldn't say I strongly prefer a Cobra, but I do love them and I do miss my 03. Again in the future I may own another, but I dont really crave the need for power like I used too, so who knows :beer:

commando

Established Member
Its all in good fun, I dont take any of this serious. Ive been here long enough to know better :) I wouldn't say I strongly prefer a Cobra, but I do love them and I do miss my 03. Again in the future I may own another, but I dont really crave the need for power like I used too, so who knows :beer:

There is ONE GM vehicle ever made that I am in love with. It ain't a vette or a firebird or a camaro either.

The 1987 grand national :rockon: is the most evil looking nastiest meanest rawest ride ever made. I have seen em with >650 to the tires and suprisingly, they only weigh about 3300 lbs if I'm not mistaken. They just have that menacing look. When you black out the windows on the black exterior, they look awesome. I got whipped by one pretty bad in my GT500 on the interstate one time but he had alot work done and was on a 23psi race gas tune so there was no shame in losing that race. Plus, most people under 30 would have no idea of what they were up against until they were straining thier eyes trying to see the small GN badge after you pulled a few bus length's on em. gotta love that.

jgheels2003

Established Member
If I had a dollar for every vette owner who says, "Well, um, I had an 03 Cobra". Bwahahahahaha.

Why would anyone believe a car making 370 rwhp would walk one "HARD" at over 400 rwhp. You are full of dog prime dog shit. Not even 500 pounds difference, 50 more HP at the crank the cars are dead even. You don't know what you are talking about.

Why would anyone believe that? Perhaps because physics makes the facts easier to come to terms with. A 370whp C5Z would stretch the sh*t out of a 400whp '03-'04 Cobra. You can ignore the facts all you want, the vette has too many indisputable advantages in that case. Weight is only ONE of those.

Funny how pullied, unported Cobras make roughly 30whp more than a stock C6Z and people have no problem admitting how bad that race usually turns out.

Here is another dollar. I had an '04 Cobra, and now a Z. I'd have to flip a coin to decide which one I like better. I could care less whose winning races when the two line up. The real question is, if you were betting on this situation, computer is off and no forum to answer to, would you think its a nail biter or an ass whipping??? I know which situation I'd bet on.

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
My 3 C5Z06 runs were all very similar to the first video posted by SB03. I guess all the ones I ran were stockish.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Funny how pullied, unported Cobras make roughly 30whp more than a stock C6Z and people have no problem admitting how bad that race usually turns out.

+1 and I'm no vette super fan.

I've personally whitnessed a stone stock C6Z absolutely WHIP a 480rwhp '03 from a roll. I mean it, once the cars hit 3rd gear, it was like the Z got shot out of a cannon. After 4-5 runs it got even worse once the cobra started laying down due to heat soak.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
+1 and I'm no vette super fan.

I've personally whitnessed a stone stock C6Z absolutely WHIP a 480rwhp '03 from a roll. I mean it, once the cars hit 3rd gear, it was like the Z got shot out of a cannon. After 4-5 runs it got even worse once the cobra started laying down due to heat soak.

C6Zs are animals, I've seen a stock one that put down less power yank a 465rwhp+ C5 Z06 from a roll. Just goes to show power to weight aren't the only factors, area under the curve FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread