ZO6 vs Cobra....

ALFONSO318

Established Member
So i'm driving home after my grad class the other night on the two ten fwy and i see the typical vette taillights illuminating the road so naturally i speed up to check it out...turns out his LP is "596 HP"...probably know where this is going...so i decide to have a lil fun...go past him in 4th and he follows in suit...when it opens up he just puts the hammer down and those fatty meats in the back gripped up and he was gone :burn: ...i did my best and dropped into 3rd and gave it all she had but i was just standing still...it was expected with 360 hp vs. 596 hp but it was all in good fun...gave him the thumbs up and headed home... first death i guess :bash:

Quik Z06

Established Member
it's ok there is plenty of KB and twin turbo terminators to avenge your death..LOL

Lol a KB unless it's like a 2.8 on high boost and race gas isnt going take out a 596hp Vette. Lol, Ive owned a fast Cobra and a VERY fast Vette and believe me, with the weight on the Vette it takes quite a bit more power for the Cobra as we all know.

commando

Established Member
Lol a KB unless it's like a 2.8 on high boost and race gas isnt going take out a 596hp Vette. Lol, Ive owned a fast Cobra and a VERY fast Vette and believe me, with the weight on the Vette it takes quite a bit more power for the Cobra as we all know.

blah blah blah.

I beat a 99 procharged vette with the same rwhp as me in my old terminator.
I was at 458 rwhp and he was at 460 rwhp and I pulled him immediately every time we raced. Get a 3.4L with crusher inlet on pump gas and you will own his ass.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
blah blah blah.

I beat a 99 procharged vette with the same rwhp as me in my old terminator.
I was at 458 rwhp and he was at 460 rwhp and I pulled him immediately every time we raced. Get a 3.4L with crusher inlet on pump gas and you will own his ass.

:D:D:D Hold on let me pick myself off the floor (laughing so hard)

Ok, im not saying you didn't beat him, but if you did he don't know how to freakin drive PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! It's not rocket science. If the guy in the Vette could drive he would have walked you hard.

commando

Established Member
:D:D:D Hold on let me pick myself off the floor (laughing so hard)

Ok, im not saying you didn't beat him, but if you did he don't know how to freakin drive PLAIN AND SIMPLE!! It's not rocket science. If the guy in the Vette could drive he would have walked you hard.

Gee...after picking yourself up off the floor (what the hell were you doing down there anyway?)
There were a bunch of us cruising and more than a few witnesses. I see your in centrl cali. We are in so-cal. Maybe after you get off your back you could come down and see for yourself amigo. :)

Stealth7

Established Member
Gee...after picking yourself up off the floor (what the hell were you doing down there anyway?)
There were a bunch of us cruising and more than a few witnesses. I see your in centrl cali. We are in so-cal. Maybe after you get off your back you could come down and see for yourself amigo. :)

hes not saying you didnt beat him. hes saying that with good driver, the vette wouldve won. im all about a drivers race so good kill to you, but you cant be ignorant and say that a cobra with the same hp as a vette is a faster car.

commando

Established Member
hes not saying you didnt beat him. hes saying that with good driver, the vette wouldve won. im all about a drivers race so good kill to you, but you cant be ignorant and say that a cobra with the same hp as a vette is a faster car.

I'm not saying that...exactly. There is more to the equation than strictly power to weight. Like power delivery or how/when your power comes on and torque. If you only make your peak numbers from 6000-7000 rpm and your low under there, then you'll get owned by someone who is getting >80% of thiers by 2000 rpm. You have to look at the area under the curve also. And you have to look at how your car revs too. That's all I'm sayin. Yes, if gears were the same and you raced for two miles or something, then the car with the better power to weight would eventually win, but when the hell does that ever happen? :)

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member

Lol why would I go down to SoCal to see what I know "should" happen. Your talking to me as if I wouldnt know. Ive had a 03 Cobra that I bought with just intake and exhaust (404 whp) and my 02 Z06 at 370whp would walk it freakin hard. It wasnt until I went KB then Whipple that I finally started pulling it. Ok heres an old vid of when my Cobra was pullied (450ish) vs our Z06. Ok yes 2 people in the Cobra vs 1 my wife in the Z (its a bad quality vid, camera phone) but it goes to show you a Vette "should" pull a Cobra with less power in the Vette (and a good driver)

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Pullied-Cobra-vs-IE-02_152258.htm]Pullied Cobra vs I/E 02 Z06 (bad quality)- Video[/ame]

Again, it can be done, but if it's equal drivers the Vette should win hands down, especially with more power.

:beer:

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'm not saying that...exactly. There is more to the equation than strictly power to weight. Like power delivery or how/when your power comes on and torque. If you only make your peak numbers from 6000-7000 rpm and your low under there, then you'll get owned by someone who is getting >80% of thiers by 2000 rpm. You have to look at the area under the curve also. And you have to look at how your car revs too. That's all I'm sayin. Yes, if gears were the same and you raced for two miles or something, then the car with the better power to weight would eventually win, but when the hell does that ever happen? :)

So what your saying is you think a Prochared Vette makes all their power and tq at high rpms? You forgetting its a 5.7 liter motor to begin with? Let me see if I can dig up my old dyno on my Procharged Vette. Oh and you can easily brake boost as well.

commando

Established Member
So what your saying is you think a Prochared Vette makes all their power and tq at high rpms? You forgetting its a 5.7 liter motor to begin with? Let me see if I can dig up my old dyno on my Procharged Vette. Oh and you can easily brake boost as well.

I'm not saying that a procharged vette makes all of thier power/tq between 6-7. I'm saying that while pwr/weight is one of the most important factors, there are other factors to consider. :)

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Lol why would I go down to SoCal to see what I know "should" happen. Your talking to me as if I wouldnt know. Ive had a 03 Cobra that I bought with just intake and exhaust (404 whp) and my 02 Z06 at 370whp would walk it freakin hard. It wasnt until I went KB then Whipple that I finally started pulling it. Ok heres an old vid of when my Cobra was pullied (450ish) vs our Z06. Ok yes 2 people in the Cobra vs 1 my wife in the Z (its a bad quality vid, camera phone) but it goes to show you a Vette "should" pull a Cobra with less power in the Vette (and a good driver)

Pullied Cobra vs I/E 02 Z06 (bad quality)- Video

Again, it can be done, but if it's equal drivers the Vette should win hands down, especially with more power.

:beer:

I've seen your videos before, that pullied Cobra is hurt if it's getting walked by BUS-LENGTHS by a c5Z with just an intake and exhaust. Didn't your Cobra also lose to a C5Z with just an intake after it was ported and pullied? :lol: We all have our own experiences, and honestly every car runs different. My ported and pullied Cobra has run door to door with a cam/bolt-on c5z making right around 430rwhp. I've also pulled 2+ cars on a bolt-on C5Z.

Here is a VERT pullied Cobra vs a stock C5Z
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFYZSai1WA]YouTube - Pullied 03 Cobra vs Stock 03 Z06[/ame]

Here is a VERT pullied Cobra vs a Z06 with an intake/headers/catback/tune making just under 400rwhp
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xHdYjr9EhM]YouTube - 03 pullied Cobra vs 04 full exhaust Z06[/ame]

I agree 100% with you that a Cobra making = power to a Vette should get walked. My experiences are A LOT different than yours though. For me it seems a HEALTHY WELL DRIVEN Cobra needs about a 70rwhp advantage to stay even with a C5Z. Your video of a 450-460rwhp Cobra getting walked by multiple bus lengths by a 370rwhp Z06 isn't normal. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread