ZO6 For lunch ??

stan03

Established Member
O.K. I just got the call that a friend bought a new ZO6 today and has been talking a little trash about the 03 Cobra.I haven't had any problems with anything that challenged me yet.
Should I be worried ??? Let's here it.
mods to date:
hood mods
intake mods
JDM tuned chip
BBK long tubes
catted x
bassani cat back
2.8 upper pulley
2lb lower pulley
3.73 gears
steeda shifter
30 lb boost gauge....making 16lbs
nitto 555r's on rear

stan03

Established Member
Thanks Guys !!

I will post the results...if he's up to it.
I'm all pumped up now.
:beer:

Hardtop

Established Member
You might win but I'd be careful if I was you. With manual cars the best driver usually wins. If your a better driver the edge goes to you. The reason I say be careful is last month I met a Z06 owner at MIR. 2002. Clean car, mods were an air intake and drag radials. ET 11.67 @ 119+. Backed it up with another 11.6x run. he can drive. If your buddy can drive like him, you lose.:burnout:

Bruce

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Sorry, I have to post this: [Vin Diesel from F&F] "Smoke 'em" [/Vin Diesel from F&F] :burnout:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Hardtop
You might win but I'd be careful if I was you. With manual cars the best driver usually wins. If your a better driver the edge goes to you. The reason I say be careful is last month I met a Z06 owner at MIR. 2002. Clean car, mods were an air intake and drag radials. ET 11.67 @ 119+. Backed it up with another 11.6x run. he can drive. If your buddy can drive like him, you lose.:burnout:

Bruce
What's that smell?

stan03

Established Member
GOT THAT COVERED !!

Not a problem,I wasn't concerned about that part.
I have a good deal of experience and this should be fun.

:burnout:

f4sfed

Established Member
As long as you can hook, you should have him. With your mods, hooking will be the hard part...which goes back to your driving. However with the power your car is prolly making and assuming he's still stock, you should be able to let off the throttle to let the smoke clear, then get back on it and still beat him. :-D

rpurdy3523

Established Member
Got a buddy who owns a ZO6. Bad cars. I'd have to agree with hardtop and say driving will play a big part but looking at mods you should edge him out.

Poison_S

Established Member
I concur with most in saying you should have no trouble beating a stock Z06.

The Z06 is a tough car to launch, it either burns up or bogs out. Since your buddy just bought it, I will venture to guess he'll do the same until he gets used to the car.

My Prediction: Cobra by at least 2 car lengths.

:lol:

Hardtop

Established Member
Re: GOT THAT COVERED !!

Originally posted by stan03
Not a problem,I wasn't concerned about that part.
I have a good deal of experience and this should be fun.

:burnout:

Well your buddy is in trouble then.:) Cobra's have sick top end so if your close at the starting line you would get him before the end of the track, if he got out on you. Good luck.

Bruce

Hardtop

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
What's that smell?

Why are you a hater.:rollseyes I was simply stating what many who race at the track, instead of the dyno or keyboard, already know. With manual cars the best driver usually wins.

Oh and about the smell. Thats my exhaust your smelling if you were to race me. Check that all my tail lights are working while your back there.:bash: :beer:

Bruce

coleman

Established Member
yes! if he's stock, don't concern yourself about beating him out of the gate, cuz you'll pass him soon enough.

IOW, concentrate on a good launch... err on the side of slow -- no wheel hop!

Z06's only have 405hp at the flywheel, yes a lighter car, but still a big difference with what you should be putting down!

what are your RWHP/TQ? 500+ right?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Hardtop
Why are you a hater.:rollseyes I was simply stating what many who race at the track, instead of the dyno or keyboard, already know. With manual cars the best driver usually wins.

Oh and about the smell. Thats my exhaust your smelling if you were to race me. Check that all my tail lights are working while your back there.:bash: :beer:

Bruce
:lol: :bored:

bender460

Established Member
A good friend of mine owns a 99 C5 hardtop witch is basicaly a zo6 minus some power so he tells me:shrug: When I was stock runing a 13.00 he was runing 13.5. He has goten it down to 13.1 with about $2000 of intake and exhaust. With my mods (no pulley or chip yet) I am still beating him by over .5sec. I think if you don't get carried away with your launch you'll blow his doors off. If you really goof on the launch it will be close. Let us know how it went:beer:

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
It's all about driving and traction.

I was at the track on Sunday and ran the quickest and fastest of all of the cars on street tires except for a modified Z06. We were both running similar trap speeds, but was running more than half a second quicker.

He may have had a faster car, but I don't have as many mods as you, and this guy at least had a wide open exhaust and after market brakes and wheels, but the main difference appeared to be traction and the quality of his driving versus my lack ability to hook up at the starting line.

Users who are viewing this thread