ZL1 vs Cobra

burnzilla

Established Member
The cheaper, heavier Cobra needs about 100+whp, give or take to hang with a ZR1 in a straight line right?
Nice job keeping up though with a car in a class by itself!

Jroc

Established Member
The cheaper, heavier Cobra needs about 100+whp, give or take to hang with a ZR1 in a straight line right?
Nice job keeping up though with a car in a class by itself!

I wouldn't say it's in a class by itself, but yes it's defiantly in a higher class than an old Mustang Cobra.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I would hope you would put the smackdown on him considering you have over 100rwhp than him in addition to almost 450-500 lbs less weight :D

Point is.... the much hyped ZL-1 needs to know its place.

Nice Car, some Magnetic suspension , decent track car but there is always someone faster..even an "old" Cobra.

SneakyPete

Banned
I wouldn't say it's in a class by itself, but yes it's defiantly in a higher class than an old Mustang Cobra.

As far as domestics are concerned, it definitely is. The new, higher hp GT500 isn't even close. The new Viper maybe but it will probably only overtake the Vette on the track.

Jroc

Established Member
As far as domestics are concerned, it definitely is. The new, higher hp GT500 isn't even close. The new Viper maybe but it will probably only overtake the Vette on the track.

If your intent is to troll and put down the new GT500 you're barking up the wrong tree. There are Ferrari's, Lambo's, GTR's, porsche's, Viper ACR, etc, etc that can compete with a ZR1. The point is the Corvette ZR1 isn't the best performing, or most elite car on Earth that noone can compete with. With that said I feel the GT500 is a lot closer to skeeting on the ZR1 in your typical Youtube video race than you think. And likely on stock boost. Now you might say "well mod the ZR1 to", and okay, sure mod for mod, and HP for HP the ZR1 should be faster,(depending on how well a LS9 responds to mods compared with the new 5.8L GT500 motor) but I'm just saying that very lightly modded 2013 GT500's are pushing close to 700 whp. I'm talking mods like a aftermarket midpipe, CAI, tune. If you're trying to convince me that a GT500 isn't as highend a car as the ZR1 then you're wasting your time as that's understood. When comparing a new highend Mustang to a highend Vette the Mustang is always going to be the underdog which it should be when looking at the price difference. Still you can say what you want a GT500 will lap most tracks faster than most other cars out there other than your elite top performers. Hell even MT got it to turn 1:38's around Laguna Sega which is extremely impressive for the type of car it is.

BTW I think the ZR1 is one hell of a awesome, and badass car. I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying it's not untouchable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread