ZL1 vs. 2011 m6 5.0

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I'm sure that's the case............NOT..............maybe the ZL1 couldn't drive, perfect weather...........whatever the case...........a regular ss will get ass raped by a 5.0, the Boss not much better than a 5.0 can beat a ZL1

It is believable, shit happens, I raced a non Z06 C6 and raped him

Shit happens

Take the blinders off, there is a thread on here where two brothers race their cars against each other, the cars were a 12' Camaro SS vs an 11' GT 5.0. The out come? Basically dead even, the Camaro was pulling maybe a hair is any.

ramstein

Established Member
I'm sure that's the case............NOT..............maybe the ZL1 couldn't drive, perfect weather...........whatever the case...........a regular ss will get ass raped by a 5.0, the Boss not much better than a 5.0 can beat a ZL1

It is believable, shit happens, I raced a non Z06 C6 and raped him

Shit happens

If by regular you mean auto SS, then maybe...., but even then I don't think it would be a rape. LS3 SS will not get raped by a 5.0 with equal mods, drivers, etc. It is funny that everybody considers ZL1 slow, on the other hand LSA CTSv always seem to get respect for their performance. Almost every time when CTSV comes into discussion here on this forum, everybody makes a comment about how impressive they are and that they wish they owned one. Similar weight, same engine but one car is a piece of shit and the other one is impressive lol

Last edited:

Sly Fox

Established Member
Funny bc my procal tuned m6 walked a ls3 auto c6 from roll and dig. Only time he beat me was driver error on my part. So going by your logic a SS camaro is faster than a c6?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Lets drop the SS convo lol, LS3 SS gets owned by the 5.0 unless the mustang driver is a noob. My buddy needs to chime in here (waiting) he has an SS ls3 with intake, full exhausts and dyno tune vs my back then tune only 5.0 and I got by 2-3 cars by 140. I can't believe gm guys still think the SS is some sort competition for the 5.0. It takes the above mods plus cams, to keep up or beat a lightly modded 5.0. And the ctsv IS a performer! Unlike the zl1...

ramstein

Established Member
Funny bc my procal tuned m6 walked a ls3 auto c6 from roll and dig. Only time he beat me was driver error on my part. So going by your logic a SS camaro is faster than a c6?

It is your logic, not mine lol I wish you were closer.
I think i understand now why many Terminator, and Gt 500 guys don't even post in these threads anymore:-D
I, on the other hand will stick around to see "a CAI/Tune 5.0 beating ZR1" thread, which I believe will be posted sometime soon considering the rate of the progression of these grandiose dilusions and fantastical beliefs.

Last edited:

03miamisnake

Established Member
If by regular you mean auto SS, then maybe...., but even then I don't think it would be a rape. LS3 SS will not get raped by a 5.0 with equal mods, drivers, etc. It is funny that everybody considers ZL1 slow, on the other hand LSA CTSv always seem to get respect for their performance. Almost every time when CTSV comes into discussion here on this forum, everybody makes a comment about how impressive they are and that they wish they owned one. Similar weight, same engine but one car is a piece of shit and the other one is impressive lol

For whatever reason the 1st year ZL1s in the real world were trapping 3-5 mph lower than the CTS-Vs. Clearly there was an issue with the ZL1s. The new ones are running more in line with expectations.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
It is funny that everybody considers ZL1 slow, on the other hand LSA CTSv always seem to get respect for their performance. Almost every time when CTSV comes into discussion here on this forum, everybody makes a comment about how impressive they are and that they wish they owned one. Similar weight, same engine but one car is a piece of shit and the other one is impressive lol

The CTS-V sedans were making it into the 11's show room stock @118 from as far back as 09. Motortrend had a stock wagon running 11.9. And the ZL1 doesn't seem to consistently perform as well.

Edit this guys ZL1 runs well. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254227

Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
I would agree with the statement about the frist year ZL1,close friend has one in auto,CAI, pulley, tune, larger heat exchanger and 20 inch drag radials, best we could get at the track was 11.91@118 mph...........
rock stock it went 12.55@111 mph..........
the CTSV are faster by far................
this is no different than when the GT500 came out in 07 they were slow as ford was really conservative with there tune.........
These results are just that some may go quicker.......

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Good thing you didn't run a bolt on Mystic Z28 - you would have gotten your ass handed to you!! lol

Great run and as others have said- 2nd you would have had HIM by a fender!!

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Cts-v & ZL1 are two totally different animals in stock form. A TUNE can make a hell of a difference. Ive seen stock tunes from both the V & ZL1. Way different tables...

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Funny that they only post 6 times. Trust me there are plenty more timeslips floating around that forum. Guess they dont want to document the MANY high 12 sec & 13 sec passes. The AVERAGE stock ZL1 time as of now is FAR from a 12.1.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Funny that they only post 6 times. Trust me there are plenty more timeslips floating around that forum. Guess they dont want to document the MANY high 12 sec & 13 sec passes. The AVERAGE stock ZL1 time as of now is FAR from a 12.1.

I guess it would depend on what you consider average. The average bad driver driving them............... or the average of what it can do. The ones that post seem to be the good drivers thats why theres only 6! LOL! J/K, I have no clue as to how many are good drivers!

Users who are viewing this thread