ZL1 vs. 2011 m6 5.0

2011roush

Established Member
Just had a run in with a zl1 on the way home. My wife spotted him out as we were driving down the highway. As we were passing him he gave a little throttle blip. I looked over and my wife smiled that's when I knew it was go time. We slowed down to 40 I was in 3rd gear. I honked it off and we were off. We both started at the same time. We were side by side up until a little over 110 and he had me by a fender. We slowed down and gave each other a thumbs up. It was a good day.

D.T.R

Established Member
So basically a stock 5.0... with 3.73s (not the best for a roll race anyways) side by side against that ZL1 ... lol nice.

2011roush

Established Member
40 in 3rd? Man you would have ate him in 2nd

Yeah I wasn't sure which gear I should be in. 2nd is a joke with the 20's on there and at 40 it was right at 3000 rpm's so I went with it. We had a lot of traffic backing up behind us so we had to get it done quick.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good run, OP! ZL1's seem to be quite the disappointment, despite all of the hype before their release. Your race against one in a basically stock 5.0 shows just that...:beer:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
good run! yup if you started in second it probably wouldve ended a little differently!!! ZL1s are slow, what color was it?

nickf2005

Established Member
ZL1's story...

"This punka** Mustang GT came up on my tail today. He started to pass by, so I gave it a little bit of throttle to show this douche who was boss. He slowed down, and we hit it from a 40 roll. We shut them down around 110 and I came out on top. I bet that wuss won't be challenging any ZL1's again in the near future. ZL1 FTMFW!"

Good run OP.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Let's get this 10 page thread started because there is NO way the 5.0 can hang with a 54,000 msrp car. It's just not possible. How can a MUSTANG of all cars hang with the ALMIGHTY ZL1, a SUPERCHARGED 6.2L vs a NATURALLY ASPIRATED 302ci 4V engine. It's just bullcrap I tell you bullcrap!!! Chebby would never make a car that loses to a mustang especially a supercharged Chebby. This is outrageous, absurd, crazy, insane.

My head hurts even thinking about this. Ford had to have hid a small shot of giggle juice to hang with an LSA touched by not only GOD but by Buddha Allah and any other Gawd that exists.

The world truly is coming to an end. :confused:

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Good kill op!

Im not totally surprised with the outcome, but I figured some (probably) heavier 20's would slow you up a little..... guess those zl1's really are pitiful....

I know you said you just wanted the basics... but any mods in the future plans?

2011roush

Established Member
Thanks guys I really thought he should of pulled me hard...... But he didn't. The funny thing is ( and I wish my wife would have taken a video) as we were coming up behind him his tag read "sslow" I thought it was funny.

2011roush

Established Member
Good kill op!

Im not totally surprised with the outcome, but I figured some (probably) heavier 20's would slow you up a little..... guess those zl1's really are pitiful....

I know you said you just wanted the basics... but any mods in the future plans?

I have 47# injectors and am currently talking with aed for a e85 tune. It's my wife's nice weather driver and so I plan on keeping it mild...... For now :) I haven't installed any of it yet. I add a little at a time to get her use to it hehe

Users who are viewing this thread