ZL1 lease quote

Never_Enough

Established Member
I feel bad for a bunch of the guys on this forum that only have dealt with the stereotypical dealer... I don't even take it personal anymore when they say they hate dealers, etc. lol
I miss Saturn. Awesome experiences at both Saturn dealers I bought from. One car wasn't even a Saturn.
Most of my bad experiences are with Chevy, Ford, etc type dealers. BMW, Maserati, Audi, etc treated me very well.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Most of my bad experiences are with Chevy, Ford, etc type dealers. BMW, Maserati, Audi, etc treated me very well.

So much truth there. Add Lexus in the mix as well.

I wont even bother with a dealer if im interested in a Ford or Chevy. I’ll just hit autotrader and go private party.

The dealer experience at lexus, audi, and bmw is nothing short of outstanding here.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
So much truth there. Add Lexus in the mix as well.

I wont even bother with a dealer if im interested in a Ford or Chevy. I’ll just hit autotrader and go private party.

The dealer experience at lexus, audi, and bmw is nothing short of outstanding here.

The best i've had was BMW and Toyota. It's why I bought a Taco.

tistan

Established Member
If someone is so particular that they want a cars odometer to read 0 when they buy, then they need to order their car and have it in wrapper when they pick it up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If someone is so particular that they want a cars odometer to read 0 when they buy, then they need to order their car and have it in wrapper when they pick it up.

You'd be surprised.

I, along with many others in this thread, would not want to buy a new performance car with 100+ miles on it. That's 20% of the "break-in" period.

jrandy

Established Member
You'd be surprised.

I, along with many others in this thread, would not want to buy a new performance car with 100+ miles on it. That's 20% of the "break-in" period.

While I don't think I'd turn away a car like a GT350 with 100+ miles, I'd sure as shit prefer and try to locate one without that many miles. I know too many people that have worked at dealerships, combined with my young days of wanting to test drive anything fun that I could get my hands on.

On the film side, I understand that it sucks if you are interested and genuinely want to test-drive something like that prior to buying; however, I really do appreciate dealers that are firm like @13COBRA.

tistan

Established Member
You'd be surprised.

Like I said, nothing stopping people like you from ordering one.

I'm also of the mindset that the more hell you give it during break in the harder it will run later.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Like I said, nothing stopping people like you from ordering one.

I'm also of the mindset that the more hell you give it during break in the harder it will run later.

And as a dealer how would that make you adjust your protocol. That you could have just sold a car worth $80k(?) instead of letting random guy 1-3 taking it for a rip because they can’t decide between 5 cars.

If your are looking at more then 2 you have no idea what you actually want, and are in the very beginning stages of looking at vehicles IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tistan

Established Member
And as a dealer how would that make you adjust your protocol. That you could have just sold a car worth $80k(?) instead of letting random guy 1-3 taking it for a rip because they can’t decide between 5 cars.

If your are looking at more then 2 you have no idea what you actually want, and are in the very beginning stages of looking at vehicles IMO.

At that price range there are several cars that I would be looking at. Since many dealers do shady shit like run your credit several times, I am not going to give access to my credit until we are ready to make a deal. If I want to test drive a vette, zl1, m3, gt350, gt-r and find out which one suits me best, that is part of the car shopping experience. If I can't test drive your product, then you've already lost me to your competitor. Most people who own $80k performance cars, do not use them as their primary vehicle. Not only have you lost me for this sale, you've also lost me for future sales of $60-70k trucks and suvs.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
At that price range there are several cars that I would be looking at. Since many dealers do shady shit like run your credit several times, I am not going to give access to my credit until we are ready to make a deal. If I want to test drive a vette, zl1, m3, gt350, gt-r and find out which one suits me best, that is part of the car shopping experience. If I can't test drive your product, then you've already lost me to your competitor. Most people who own $80k performance cars, do not use them as their primary vehicle. Not only have you lost me for this sale, you've also lost me for future sales of $60-70k trucks and suvs.
What would you try and do during your test drive? From a dig pull to 100, bang gears, etc? Would you want your brand new car (for a lot of people their dream car), have had this done by multiple randos before you bought it?

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

It’s already been mentioned not to deal with shit dealers. Good dealers put your app out to 1 maybe 2 places and wait.

As I mentioned if your looking at 5 cars. Your not serious about any yet. I’ve narrowed down my searches to 2 with the use of google you tube car reviews and spec sheets.

SirShaun

Established Member
What would you try and do during your test drive? From a dig pull to 100, bang gears, etc? Would you want your brand new car (for a lot of people their dream car), have had this done by multiple randos before you bought it?

Oh I'd do more than that. I'm going to heat soak the piss out of it, make it tick like a hemi on startup.

tistan

Established Member
Fact is, if I walk into a dealer and want to drive a z06 or a 911, they are going to take my license and insurance and put a salesman in the car with me and we are going for a ride in $100k+ sports car. I'm going to find some corners and see how they handle and I'm going to run it through the gears to see how it launches and shifts. I also want to feel the car out for its personality. I'm buying the car for those reason, not for the car to sit there and look pretty. If a sports car is so fragile it can't handle a few blasts through gears, then it's not my kind of car anyway.

nickf2005

Established Member
Fact is, if I walk into a dealer and want to drive a z06 or a 911, they are going to take my license and insurance and put a salesman in the car with me and we are going for a ride in $100k+ sports car. I'm going to find some corners and see how they handle and I'm going to run it through the gears to see how it launches and shifts. I also want to feel the car out for its personality. I'm buying the car for those reason, not for the car to sit there and look pretty. If a sports car is so fragile it can't handle a few blasts through gears, then it's not my kind of car anyway.
What if you show up for said drive and the car already has 100 miles on it from the previous 5 potential owners doing the same thing? I think what many are getting at is that you narrow your perspective buyer each time that type of car is test driven because most new car buyers want as close to 0 as possible.

Me? Dealer sent an 85 year old man 150 miles to drive mine back. Had 180 miles on it when I took ownership. I didn't care I bought it as a driver. Has 48,000 on it now.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread