ZL1 1LE Runs 7.16 @ Ring

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
As far as pony cars is concerned...

Dodge got the street/strip with the Demon.

GM has the track (road course) with the ZL1 1LE.

Ford has the market with them stanger ecoboosts.

:D

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Interesting note the production 991.2 GT3 was just indepently tested at 7.18 by the guys sport auto which is 6 sec slower than manu tests.

GMs manu tests versus independent verication are about 12 sec slower or twice the difference of Porsche.

blk02edge

Established Member
As far as pony cars is concerned...

Dodge got the street/strip with the Demon.

GM has the track (road course) with the ZL1 1LE.

Ford has the market with them stanger ecoboosts.

:D
And Honda has the best styling with the type R

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And Honda has the best styling with the type R

The RS gives the civic a run for its money in styling points doe....

Interesting note the production 991.2 GT3 was just indepently tested at 7.18 by the guys sport auto which is 6 sec slower than manu tests.

GMs manu tests versus independent verication are about 12 sec slower or twice the difference of Porsche.

You are like SVTP's own Kanye W. ;)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You are like SVTP's own Kanye W. ;)

Bahahaha classic.

I just watched the vid... damn thing is a fuggin monster and what a great driver!

GM must be full of Satan worshiping psychos practicing black magic.. Its the only thing i can point to given the fact that they somehow figured out how to make this bad boy not heat soak over 7+ minutes of a straight beat down.

what a bad ass machine.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Bahahaha classic.

I just watched the vid... damn thing is a fuggin monster and what a great driver!

GM must be full of Satan worshiping psychos practicing black magic.. Its the only thing i can point to given the fact that they somehow figured out how to make this bad boy not heat soak over 7+ minutes of a straight beat down.

what a bad ass machine.

The camaro group did such an amzing job with this car.... they somehow managed to squeeze c7Z06 performance out of the porkier poorer cousin.

Hat off to those guys.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think the car looks nice both inside and out and id like to own one to daily. The ring time is irrelevant to me.
I don't think this is a good car to DD lol.

It's solid mount everything. There are no bushings on the suspension.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The camaro group did such an amzing job with this car.... they somehow managed to squeeze c7Z06 performance out of the porkier poorer cousin.

Hat off to those guys.
I'm curious what a C7Z with a taller lid (2017) can do at the nurb. It doesnt have the downforce that a ZL1 1LE would have, but it is also much lighter and should have more grip.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'm curious what a C7Z with a taller lid (2017) can do at the nurb. It doesnt have the downforce that a ZL1 1LE would have, but it is also much lighter and should have more grip.
I think it heat soaks so it doesn't run very well.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I think that the z06 vs ZL1 1LE time would be very competitive. Id say 2 or so seconds appart and win to either car.

The extra weight seems to really be helping the ZL1 1LE in some strange way. Not to mention the aero.

blk02edge

Established Member
10min from my house (not my pics) sadly I couldn't make it. Randy P was doing laps in the same red car that did the nurbergring lap.
20170622_132851.png

20170622_132918.png

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I think that the z06 vs ZL1 1LE time would be very competitive. Id say 2 or so seconds appart and win to either car.

The extra weight seems to really be helping the ZL1 1LE in some strange way. Not to mention the aero.

I would agree on the time BUT this car has 4 seats, is $45K less than a loaded ZO6, weighs 400 lbs more and hauls the mail...The weight NEVER helps any car on a road course, NEVER.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Wow. That's impressive. Whats even more impressive to me is that's a supercharged circuit pony car running those RPMs and speeds. Running so hard for so long. Wow. Hats off.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I would agree on the time BUT this car has 4 seats, is $45K less than a loaded ZO6, weighs 400 lbs more and hauls the mail...The weight NEVER helps any car on a road course, NEVER.
Can't get a new C7Z for low 70s anymore? You could not long ago.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Im with you. But this car kinda reminds me of the GTR, although heavy, it seems to do magical things.

Users who are viewing this thread