Zinc Yellow and Screaming Yellow

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
ok i see that the 03/04s have two yellows Zinc Yellow and Screaming Yellow what is the difference? thanks

Juiced-03

Established Member
Screaming yellow is more of a mustard (darker/warmer) yellow. Zinc is much lighter (like a banana lol).

Mech. Junkie

Established Member
2003 Zinc Yellow - Looks like a faded yellow. Zinc Oxide...oxide...rust...weathered.

2004 Screaming Yellow - Much like the yellow hue in fire. A rich yellow.

When purchasing my 2004 Cobra I chose the yellow over the life long dream of owning a black muscle car. The yellow highlights all the wonderful design detail in the sheet metal. Nicely done FORD!!!

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Zinc yellow is for those of us that only want to be occasionally noticed. :coolman:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
If you take a poll of regular people they will say the like the Zinc Yellow better. Most people dont like the mustard color. I here people say school bus or taxi cab yellow.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
If you take a poll of regular people they will say the like the Zinc Yellow better. Most people dont like the mustard color. I here people say school bus or taxi cab yellow.

I think it is a matter of opinion. There were more Zinc Yellows produced than Screaming Yellows - based on that you would be right.

It would be interesting to have a poll just to see what everyone thinks though.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
I had an 02 GT (Zinc yellow) and now have an 04 cobra (screamin yellow)
My wife didn't like the new screamin yellow when I showed her the cobra but I got such a good deal I bought it anyway. I actually like both. I think the screamin is a bolder color, of course the car its self is bolder too.

I also am a member over on yellowmustangregistry.com. It's not a car club per say but an online registry. They have meets across the country. My wife and I just went to a meet in Orlando in March. We had 72 yellow mustangs show up. This was at a car show that had all kinds of cars involved.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
MaximumSVT said:
Zinc yellow is for those of us that only want to be occasionally noticed. :coolman:

Soooo true. When I first looked at buying my car my thought was it is YELLOW. And I wished it was another color. Now I am glad I got the Yellow one.

I think of the Zinc yellow as more of an white-opaque Yellow.

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
I'm a Screaming Yeller kinda guy. Hence I will be looking for a slightly used one in a few months... :banana:

Zman04

Established Member
When I went to buy mine there was a new 03 zinc and 04 screaming. I loved the Screaming so I went with it, both were verts with blk top. I am very happy with my choice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread