Ziebart Diamond coat?? help

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
No i didn't want this on my car but the dealer already had it done. What is it and can I Zaino over it? Should I claybar it?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Wash with a good dose of Dawn, rinse, repeat, and then go Zaino. The alkalinity of the Dawn will eat through the "Diamond" or whatever BS name they come up with for high silicone waxes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Before you do the Dawn Liquid wash, I would advise you to contact both Ziebart and Zaino and confirm that the Diamond Gloss sealer can be remove with it. Before you even attempt to start the Zaino process you want to be sure you've remove any and all sealers, waxes, polishes. I sent an email to my Zaino distributor to ask the question. I'll post his reply when I get it.
:p

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow. That was quick. My Zaino distributor emailed me the answer I was looking for. Here it is.

"Dawn wash and clay, then rewash with Dawn and he should be ready to go."
H. Carl Voellm
(hcvone)
HCV Industries Inc.
www.hcvind.com
Home Phone: (215) 938-0991
Cell Phone: (215) 470-0991

By the way, if you're looking to order Zaino products I highly recommend Carl. His prices are identical to what you'll pay on the Zaino website (same deal with all the Zaino distributors), but you'll get customer service that Zaino direct can't match. I've called him at night when he was at a restaurant and he took my call/question. Try that with most other distributors.

:)

Last edited:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Cobra Bob, THANKS! Your a full service Forum member! I am exchanging my Mineral Gray Vert for a Redfire Vert (due to vibe and engine clatter) tomorrow. Love the MG but the Redfire is smokin in the sun. Zaino on this should be beautiful.

Thanks again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
Cobra Bob, THANKS! Your a full service Forum member! I am exchanging my Mineral Gray Vert for a Redfire Vert (due to vibe and engine clatter) tomorrow. Love the MG but the Redfire is smokin in the sun. Zaino on this should be beautiful.

Thanks again.
Glad to help. I know how it is to need answers. That's why I love this forum. I remember when I first ordered my Cobra my dealer directed me to this website when I asked him a couple of questions regarding intake and exhaust mods. He told me to just spend one day reading the posts and I'd be hooked. He was right!
:p

Black Chip

Established Member
Ziebart

I actually had the diamond gloss applied to my 03.
It looks great. Not quite as good as they claim though.
Might try zaino next year.

Users who are viewing this thread