zero passes at the track eh?

speedoflife

Established Member
So could somebody elaborate to me the method by which on builds a "turn key 9.4 second quarter mile beast" with an "engine and transmission" with "zero passes on the track?" No offense meant by this post (in case the creator is reading this), but how could the engine/trans in this car have never seen the track? Look at the car!!!
Link yo
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5058381016.html

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice Cobra. Very nice setup & engine build.

Here's a slightly different ad from the same seller that pretty much explains it.
"Up for sale is my 2004 Cobra A.K.A. Wonder Bread (it's white lol). It is a Super Fast Street / Track Beast that runs 9.40's @ 146 MPH in the quarter mile. It is a complete car with functioning ac and power steering. It has 14k original miles on the clock. Motor and transmission recently freshened with zero time at the track. If you are looking for a turn key, nine second quarter mile car look no further."

The seller must have run 9.4s @ 146 prior to the motor/trans freshening. He just worded the ad slightly different in the one you posted. There are a couple of older YouTube videos of this car. He lists his phone number, so if you're wondering about this why not just text him and get it straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
So could somebody elaborate to me the method by which on builds a "turn key 9.4 second quarter mile beast" with an "engine and transmission" with "zero passes on the track?" No offense meant by this post (in case the creator is reading this), but how could the engine/trans in this car have never seen the track? Look at the car!!!
Link yo
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5058381016.html

He said he just refreshed them, that could mean new seals/gaskets for the engine and hell it could mean new fluid in the trans. The car's definitely seen its time at the track with the embedded rubber in the rear bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread