Z28 vs. cam'd GT?

QuikGT

Banned
well i googled it and got nothing that didnt come without a heads/cam pkg...gains listed were only 35-50rwhp with heads.......

i know that in a late issue of mmff they only got 11rwhp out of a set of 270 cams....

magRT496

Established Member
QuikGT said:
well i googled it and got nothing that didnt come without a heads/cam pkg...gains listed were only 35-50rwhp with heads.......

i know that in a late issue of mmff they only got 11rwhp out of a set of 270 cams....
damn, thats pretty bad.....

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:

Well they are wrong...or you are. I got 26 rwhp out of VT Stage 2 N/As with stock heads with Bullitt intake and long tubes.

Scott at VT posted some dyno sheet pics of a BONE STOCK GT that picked up 33 rwhp with VT Stage 1 N/As. When I mean bone stock, I mean this GT had the stock air cleaner and mufflers bone stock and a 33 rwhp from cams alone.

This isn't new info so it's probably going to be hard to find the newer dyno sheets - since quite frankly everybody knows about what they gain with stock heads.

http://users.adelphia.net/~mustang-92/

Picked up 22 rwhp from cams alone with stock heads -- VT Stage 1 N/As.

In PI 2Vs the cams are more of a restriction than the heads or intake are.

Picked up 30 rwhp from cams on stock heads:
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=88513

Shall I continue?

QuikGT

Banned
"In October 2004 I tested out a pair of cams from VT Engine and picked up 22RWHP through cams only. This in combination with SCT (Superchips Custom Tuning) software that I use to tune my car I corrected idle and gave the car a near perfect A/F ratio across the board."

Again thats with the "perfect tune" not stock or cams only......

"I have stock heads. I got 32 RWHP from my Comp Cams and C&L tru-flow."
since u wanna be a smartass i wanted to point out that part where its dynoed in addition to another mod....C & L gaurantees 14rwhp from their inlets so the hp gained from cams was more like 18..

*i dont understand why u are getting so butthurt over the fact that the 2vs dont make alot of power through cams.......

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
"In October 2004 I tested out a pair of cams from VT Engine and picked up 22RWHP through cams only. This in combination with SCT (Superchips Custom Tuning) software that I use to tune my car I corrected idle and gave the car a near perfect A/F ratio across the board."

Again thats with the "perfect tune" not stock or cams only......

Putnam's car was also tuned before he had cams as well, and yes, many cams require a retune after installation in order to maintain the same or comparable A/F ratio and to get a consistent idle. He also picked up 4 mph from cams, but I guess that was from the magical "tune", right?

"I have stock heads. I got 32 RWHP from my Comp Cams and C&L tru-flow."
since u wanna be a smartass i wanted to point out that part where its dynoed in addition to another mod....C & L gaurantees 14rwhp from their inlets so the hp gained from cams was more like 18..

You are a moron and this statement proves it. C&L Trueflows are worth exactly 0 hp in most apps, I've *never* seen an air inlet tube pick up anything on a 2V ON IT'S OWN. Quite frankly, the inlet tube isn't a restriction on a 2V, the only air inlet restriction (other than plenum) on a 2V is the stock airbox and that's where the gain comes from on most cold air kits. And even then, no cold air kit on the earth is worth 14 rwhp on a n/a 2V, nowhere near it. I mean nowhere near it.

*i dont understand why u are getting so butthurt over the fact that the 2vs dont make alot of power through cams.......

Quite frankly I know what they make, and obviously have forgotten more about 2Vs than you'll ever know. Aren't you the guy who couldn't get a h/c 2V to get out of it's own way? Your claim that cams are only worth 15 rwhp with stock PI heads is not only laughably wrong but is a real highlight on your ignorance on the topic. If you don't have a clue -- and you clearly don't -- don't make the comment. Pretty simple. I'm done with this, you can continue to wallow in your own ingorance; you aren't worth my time to educate.

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
Quite frankly I know what they make, and obviously have forgotten more about 2Vs than you'll ever know. Aren't you the guy who couldn't get a h/c 2V to get out of it's own way? Your claim that cams are only worth 15 rwhp with stock PI heads is not only laughably wrong but is a real highlight on your ignorance on the topic. If you don't have a clue -- and you clearly don't -- don't make the comment. Pretty simple. I'm done with this, you can continue to wallow in your own ingorance; you aren't worth my time to educate.[/QUOTE]

if running 8 flats @92mph isnt getting out of its own way, then yea i guess........all of the cars ive built and owned will beat the piss out of anything u could hope for...again i dunno why your actin a fool via internet...

i never said that it doesnt happen...but its rare

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Your the one saying an inlet tube is worth 14 rwhp -- one of the most ignorant, assinine comments I've ever seen on an internet message board ever.

Of course you were just trying to cover your ass since I gave you proof that cams are worth more than 15 rwhp with stock PI heads. Your were wrong and so you're trying to cover ass...typical of insecure little punks who can't admit when they are wrong.

BTW, 20-25 rwhp out of cams IS THE NORM, it isn't rare at all. In fact, unless someone had other issues or ridiculously small cams, I can't remember the last time I heard of a person making less than 20 rwhp.

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
btw man...where are u from? if ur local we can meet up, and ill show u how slow ur 2v is with an ls1 running on 6 cylinders....

Read the sig genius...not a 2V owner any longer. Threatening me with an LS1 running on 6, lol, you've got me scared man! Seriously, I'm shaking in my boots! :D

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
QuikGT said:
all of the cars ive built and owned will beat the piss out of anything u could hope for...

:-D Well your 2V certainly would have failed at "beating the piss out of anything I could hope for..." and so would your 6 cylinder LS1. Any other cars you've "built" that I should be aware of? :D

again i dunno why your actin a fool via internet...

Ooooh, internet ebonics! Your e-thuggery has completely intimidated me. Really, I'm scared! :lol:

i never said that it doesnt happen...but its rare

From the mouth of the 2V expert...it must be true! :kaboom:

QuikGT

Banned
Ben99GT said:
Your the one saying an inlet tube is worth 14 rwhp -- one of the most ignorant, assinine comments I've ever seen on an internet message board ever.

Of course you were just trying to cover your ass since I gave you proof that cams are worth more than 15 rwhp with stock PI heads. Your were wrong and so you're trying to cover ass...typical of insecure little punks who can't admit when they are wrong.

BTW, 20-25 rwhp out of cams IS THE NORM, it isn't rare at all. In fact, unless someone had other issues or ridiculously small cams, I can't remember the last time I heard of a person making less than 20 rwhp.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i dont have to cover my ass about anything and im not trying to....i ASKED for proof of where a 2v made that much power "cams only" and u failed to show it to me......btw the C & L power plenum and inlet tube will make at least 14rwhp on a bolton gt so im sure it helped out quite a bit with the addition of the cams........this is the internet, i think u should calm down and pull ur panties out of ur asscrack

btw post up some timeslips of ur 4v please...

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I'm local to you, I'll show you how slow your LSwhat on 4-6-8 whatever cylinders is. :shrug:

Last edited:

QuikGT

Banned
where was a threat made in the following sentence:

"i dunno why ur actin a fool via internet?"

you say your scared...well u must really be bc that wasnt "e-thuggery"....its called a mature conversation via internet, something ur lacking.

im obviously getting under ur skin, but im not meaning to.....you should read what i post before replying...getting mad on the net is retarded...

plz plz post some slips of ur "MONSTER" 4v

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
If you're not interested in racing 4Vs I know of a 2V that would smack you silly.

Its only H/C...and some other stuff.

QuikGT

Banned
DHG BULLITT said:
Let him try me first and see if its even worth running you :lol:

sweet...ill run u all...bc its all for fun, right???
or is it with u guys ???? :loser: :loser:

come try and "pick" on my ls1 that aint running well.....i have nothing to lose, but u, if u lose to an ls1 on 6 cylinders, that would say something then wouldnt it???

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
QuikGT said:
sweet...ill run u all...bc its all for fun, right???
or is it with u guys ???? :loser: :loser:

come try and "pick" on my ls1 that aint running well.....i have nothing to lose, but u, if u lose to an ls1 on 6 cylinders, that would say something then wouldnt it???

You really think I'd even come close to losing to an LS1 on 6 cylinders :bored:

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Then stop trying to pick on NA bolt-on 2v's like you are king shit over there.

You come into a thread, give your opinion on 2v cams and when someone disagrees with you.. You threaten them with a street race in your LS1.

Whoop-de-****ing-doo, asshat.. it sounds like you are the one with something to prove.

Users who are viewing this thread