z06 vs ford gt

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Props to the Z06, $60K car pulling on a $150K car. I'll take the Z06 anyday and keep the difference in cash in my pocket.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
OLD!! but anyway the Z06 is by far the biggest bang for the buck on the market, but honestly if i could aford either one i'd def take the Ford GT. Just a tic faster,better looking(imo), mid engine,and easily modded. The old dude in the vid didnt know how to drive the GT obviously. I've seen a bone stock GT trap 131mph in the 1/4 mile, the highest i've seen a Z06 is around 126ish.

turbosaleen

Established Member
to bad the " blue devil " never was nor ever will be produced.

and give the same minor mods to the gt < cold air and tune > and it would destroy that vette.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
turbosaleen said:
to bad the " blue devil " never was nor ever will be produced.

and give the same minor mods to the gt < cold air and tune > and it would destroy that vette.
your right on that, i've heard(and it may not be true i'm not sure) that the gt500s get like 50rwhp just messing with the timing, so the ford gt should be about the same way.

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
As a GT owner, it does not bother me at all. The Z06 was purpose built. The GT was not built to be the best car in the world. Also remember, the GT came out a couple years before the new Z06, so GM knew what benchmark to go out and beat. Faster is not always better. There is much more to it than just speed. I would keep my GT over 3 Z06's anyday of the week. I've "been there, done that" with Z06's. Will I ever get another one? Maybe, but I am not eager to get one.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
ROCMAN said:
As a GT owner, it does not bother me at all. The Z06 was purpose built. The GT was not built to be the best car in the world. Also remember, the GT came out a couple years before the new Z06, so GM knew what benchmark to go out and beat. Faster is not always better. There is much more to it than just speed. I would keep my GT over 3 Z06's anyday of the week. I've "been there, done that" with Z06's. Will I ever get another one? Maybe, but I am not eager to get one.
You have one bad gt. IMO if the gt had an exhaust and tune it would be a whole different ball game.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
ROCMAN said:
You have one bad gt. IMO if the gt had an exhaust and tune it would be a whole different ball game.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
ROCMAN said:
True... I need to see more pics of that GT tho...

Users who are viewing this thread