Z06 trouble. . .

Tractionless1

Established Member
Buddy of mine has an 02 z06. Just did a cam, plugs, wires, longtubes, full exhaust, custom tune, cai, shifter. Car is puttin down 448rwhp. How do I beat it...His corvette guy says it should run in the 10s. I do ok, but i'm not Mr Moneybags, so about $2000-2500 is what I can work with. . .Whats my best option. Right now I have a Bassani Catback and CAtted X. K&N CAI, Mass air meter. Those are my only performance mods. Whats the best way to go, Steig port? i'm guessing. . .2.8" pulley set up? Also, I live right near Big Daddy Performance, thats where I would go to get the work done. . .I hear they are very good, and reasonably priced.

Of course his corvette guy said he will run 10's he just dropped thousands of $$$ there!!! :poke:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
If it's from a dig you need a good tire... From a roll a 500+ cobra pull stay even or pull a 440 C5 Z..

04torchred

Established Member
for the money and hassle you will spend on long tubes you wont show much hp or tq gain unless you are 600+, spend the money on something else...there are plenty of guys running 500+ with stock manifolds...you should be well over 500 with those mods

It is BS to assume you gain nothing until you have 600+rwhp. My car pulled a good deal stronger midrange and up top after I added LTs and I didn't even have my eaton pullied yet. You gain a decent amount of power throughout the curve with them, lower heat, and increase VE.

I have edged out a cammed, ported stock heads, full exhaust, ported intake and geared C6 with my mods. I usually have him by a car to car and a half. It is a close race, if I miss a gear he gets out on me. My numbers are from a loaded MD dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread