Z06 owners are not scared apparently

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i personally think alot of these Z06 owners dont know what their running into or what a 03/04 cobra is even about exspecially with simple bolt-ons

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Every c5z that I ran into must have been scared... I lined up to THREE csZ's and not one would go. Everytime time it was on the highway as well (playing their game). I had a red one pull up next to me... blip the throttle. I pulled up next to him and dropped it down hard and nailed it for a second. He slowed down and moved over another lane. The problem is MOST of these corvette guys don't even get on it.... most of them probably don't even change their own oil.

- On the other hand its good to see a few of them respect the beast.

thorsonofodin

old guy racer
Established Member
I realize that i am out of the ordinary here because I am fortunate enough to have 1 each of the cars talked about here currently in my garage. I love the 04 Cobra (I believe that it is the best Mustang ever). My 09 Shelby reminds me of what Ford did to the Mustang in the early/mid 70's(BIG engine,HEAVY car,fast in a straight line not so good when it comes time to turn-NOTE car is currently for sale in appropriate section). The 09 ZO6 is an terrific car with great features and engineering that is a much better corner carver than either of the Mustangs but it is an entirely different type of car and should be compared to other cars like it(Viper,911,?). But in typical GM fashion bits and pieces are already starting to fail and it smells like a damn glue pot every time you open the door.

Thorsonofodin

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Apples and oranges.......Have you noticed there not the same!

It was a nice day here Sat. (sunny & 76) so I pulled the cover off and fired-up the snake. Didn't have plans, just went for a drive, anywhere & everywhere. From my 'hood to the up-scale 'hoods I drove. And what did I notice? about 9 or 10 Vettes in a two-three hour period. How many 03-04 Cobras did I see.....ZERO! I enjoy being somewhat.....RARE!

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I dunno about scared, but 9/10th of the vette owners I run into on the street won't even look over at me. I'm not big of racing on the street, but sucks when the guy won't look at you when your just trying to give them a thumbs up. But then again some of the mustang owners I run into want to race me sitting behind 4 cars at a light. lol

If I had the cash, I'd have bought a C6Z instead of my cobra. But couldn't bring myself to dropping that much coin on a weekend car I know I would end up pooring more money into for mods.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
The 03-04 snake goes down in history as one of the easiest and cheapest to mod when your trying for big HP 500+ hp..:beer:
****in Awesome car...Nothing like a dohc 4.6L with off road H pipe and Flows.Ohh yeah ,With a raped eaton just screaming :beer::rockon::uh oh:
I miss my 10th ann 03 Cobra but I have an 08Z now so I dont get too sad.:dancenana: I just love the American Brand...:rockon:

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
The Z06 is a great all around sport car where the Cobra is a great all around muscle car. I love my 04 Cobra but have plans on picking up a used 06 or 07 Z06 in the near future.

I have respect for the Z06 (C5 or C6) and think a bolt on Z will give a 03/04 cobra a run for our money. But at the same time Ive seen countless Cobras beating Z's. Just depends on whos packing more. I know my 600+rwhp cobra can handle most cars I run into day to day on the streets. Its not very often that I run into a 600+hp car on the streets. Most cars I see are stock or bolton F-bodies,imports or vettes so I dont have much of a challenge.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I just can't stand most of the vette owners I have known in my 49 years. They talk so much shit it runs out there ears. I can still picture most of them with there black and white checkered slip on tennies, wind breaker with stripe down one side and logo on it , and the ultimate twin checkered flag cap. lol:whine:

Z06

Established Member
Vettes rule!! Their my dream car but just being on SVTPerformance can tell you i respect the cars you guys own. They are pretty capable and more when modded.

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
I could have had c5 z06 for about the same price as my cobra.....and i dont regret it one bit. everybody around here has a z06, i am the only cobra in this area. i love the power the supercharger adds as well as the built motor. It handles very well for a heavy car. I like the look of a terminator more as well, it looks more muscle and z06s are more of an exotic look.

Users who are viewing this thread