Z06: 0-60 in 3.7, first gear = Time to MOD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formula51

Established Member
gonein60 said:
Who gives a flying sh#t about the overpriced old men driving Zo6 :wf: . This is a Mustang website, and nobody cares about 80k zo6's that most of us will never afford, unless of course you have a rich daddy, live at home and don't pay rent, pour all your money into a piece of metal, or are in some serious, and I mean serious debt.

You 80k Zo6 lovers can brag all you want, but the Shelby Mustang is the new super(bang for your buck) all american musclecar. Mustangs have soul, Zo6's have a fat exorbitant price tag. I don't like the Z06, it's for 60year old men trying to relive their youth, and they don't have a good body or nice looks, so they have to get a women's attention through their car. What a joke.

I'm gonna buy me a Shelby, put some 4:10's, smaller pulley, CAI, tune and fat tires, and then proceed to smoke :burnout: the hell out of those 80k zo6's for 40k less. The only z's that are gonna have a chance are modded ones, and we all know that most old men driving zo6 owners don't mod 80k cars.

P.S. The GT Shelby looks awesome SVT/ Carol Shelby, and I'll be the first in line to buy one of these Zo6 killers. :pepper:

Yea man! Gone in 60 seconds rules! Too fast too Furious!

Ahh..it all makes sense now. You live in California. Your Govenor is Arnold and there aren't any real car guys there, save Ricers!

But seriously, lots and lots of Z owners are younger than 60, track their cars often, and plenty of them mod them. I would say there are more that mod them then there are that leave them stock.

The 60 year old gets a regular C6 so he lives to go on cruises in his retirement. Everyone knows old people cant drive!

redz_02

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Sorry if I contributed to whatever prompted you to create the grammar abortion that was your post. In the near future, because of cars like the GT500 and Z06, you're going to be hearing about other peoples "800HP/680rwhp" cars quite often. Anyone got a link to the Stock Longblock Forum? :lol:

Once again, "get off the cars nuts and wait till ford finaly releases it". Still confused about the whole grammar comment :shrug: , and please quit being a keyboard warrior, it pretty much ruins the point your trying to prove ( for me at least). Purtaining to the stock longblock comment, is that supposed to be some kind of putdown. :loser:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
gonein60 said:
Who gives a flying sh#t about the overpriced old men driving Zo6 :wf: . This is a Mustang website, and nobody cares about 80k zo6's that most of us will never afford, unless of course you have a rich daddy, live at home and don't pay rent, pour all your money into a piece of metal, or are in some serious, and I mean serious debt.

You 80k Zo6 lovers can brag all you want, but the Shelby Mustang is the new super(bang for your buck) all american musclecar. Mustangs have soul, Zo6's have a fat exorbitant price tag. I don't like the Z06, it's for 60year old men trying to relive their youth, and they don't have a good body or nice looks, so they have to get a women's attention through their car. What a joke.

I'm gonna buy me a Shelby, put some 4:10's, smaller pulley, CAI, tune and fat tires, and then proceed to smoke :burnout: the hell out of those 80k zo6's for 40k less. The only z's that are gonna have a chance are modded ones, and we all know that most old men driving zo6 owners don't mod 80k cars.

P.S. The GT Shelby looks awesome SVT/ Carol Shelby, and I'll be the first in line to buy one of these Zo6 killers. :pepper:

This post makes my head hurt.
:poke:

Fourcam330

Established Member
redz_02 said:
Once again, "get off the cars nuts and wait till ford finaly releases it". Still confused about the whole grammar comment :shrug: , and please quit being a keyboard warrior, it pretty much ruins the point your trying to prove ( for me at least). Purtaining to the stock longblock comment, is that supposed to be some kind of putdown. :loser:

Obviously I don't care what you think ;-) If you don't like hearing about 800HP vehicles, stick to the 2v forums--they are few and far in between.

redz_02

Established Member
No problem with 800 hp, just a problem with the "I'm gonna have" statements. Call me human but, for me, seeing it is better than hearing someone brag about something they don't own. Remember doing that when I was like 8 with a bmx.

Once again got me comfused :shrug: witnessed a 2v bullit run nines, but guess it's not a 4v so it's not worthy.

Last edited:

turbocake

Established Member
gonein60 said:

:nonono:

"This is a Mustang website, and nobody cares about 80k zo6's that most of us will never afford."

If nobody at this site is interested in Z06's (least of all, you), what are you doing here? You even go so far to tell us exactly how much you care:

"I'm gonna buy me a Shelby, put some 4:10's, smaller pulley, CAI, tune and fat tires, and then proceed to smoke :burnout: the hell out of those 80k zo6's for 40k less."

That's quite a fuss for something "nobody" cares about. :smmon:

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
redz_02 said:
No problem with 800 hp, just a problem with the "I'm gonna have" statements. Call me human but, for me, seeing it is better than hearing someone brag about something they don't own. Remember doing that when I was like 8 with a bmx.

Once again got me comfused :shrug: witnessed a 2v bullit run nines, but guess it's not a 4v so it's not worthy.

That's why I said, they're few and far between; these days, what doesn't run 9s with a power adder? Seen any two valves run in the 9s N/A? How about 6s with a power adder? Thought not :D
The fact of the matter is I will own a blue GT500 and it will be TT via Rad Craig. If you want pics, you'll have to wait a year. :shrug:

redz_02

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
That's why I said, they're few and far between; these days, what doesn't run 9s with a power adder? Seen any two valves run in the 9s N/A? How about 6s with a power adder? Thought not :D
The fact of the matter is I will own a blue GT500 and it will be TT via Rad Craig. If you want pics, you'll have to wait a year. :shrug:

:nonono: , I give up, it's like talking to a brick wall. N/A huh, what does that have to do with your "I will have" TT kit. Good luck with nines, you make it sound like it's so easy.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
redz_02 said:
:nonono: , I give up, it's like talking to a brick wall. N/A huh, what does that have to do with your "I will have" TT kit. Good luck with nines, you make it sound like it's so easy.

First, link me to the post in which I said my GT500, or any car I own for that matter, would run 9s. :poke: My point was that at least three four valves have run 9s N/A, while it takes a power adder just to get a 2v into the 9s, forget about 8s, 7s, or 6s... :loser:
If you want to see a 3250lb N/A 5.4 powered Cobra run 9s@138+ come to Norwalk October 22nd for Smackdown. My 98 won't run in the 9s N/A (even though it has a duplicate motor and similar weight to the car described above) simply because of the differences in suspension/chassis/trannys between the two cars--at this point I don't feel like investing in a spare set of drag hardware (springs/shocks/struts/trans) just to fugg around at the strip every once in a while.
No one ever said running 9s wasn't a challenge, but the bottom line is, all it takes is $ to get and stay there.

Last edited:

redz_02

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
First, link me to the post in which I said my GT500, or any car I own for that matter, would run 9s. :poke: My point was that at least three four valves have run 9s N/A, while it takes a power adder just to get a 2v into the 9s, forget about 8s, 7s, or 6s... :loser:
If you want to see a 3250lb N/A 5.4 powered Cobra run 9s@138+ come to Norwalk October 22nd for Smackdown. My 98 won't run in the 9s N/A (even though it has a duplicate motor and similar weight to the car described above) simply because of the differences in suspension/chassis/trannys between the two cars--at this point I don't feel like investing in a spare set of drag hardware (springs/shocks/struts/trans) just to fugg around at the strip every once in a while.
No one ever said running 9s wasn't a challenge, but the bottom line is, all it takes is $ to get and stay there.

1999 - 2003 2V Power Adder 1/4 ET:
Chris Crown - 8.47 @ 160.00 ( 2000 GT PG - TURBO )

There's your 8's on a two valve modular. Not going to even bring up 2v ohv setups.

Fourcam330

Established Member
redz_02 said:
1999 - 2003 2V Power Adder 1/4 ET:
Chris Crown - 8.47 @ 160.00 ( 2000 GT PG - TURBO )

There's your 8's on a two valve modular. Not going to even bring up 2v ohv setups.

Wow, only 1.5 seconds behind the quickest/fastest 4v :dw: There's more proof that with the right turbo, "anything" can make 1000HP, as they do a pretty good job of masking deficencies in other parts of the motor. More telling is how quick/fast the top 2v runs N/A. Is anyone faster than Ken?
I was speaking specifically about Modulars, so don't bother with Windsor #s.

Last edited:

redz_02

Established Member
Did I miss something, remember hearing "while it takes a power adder just to get a 2v into the 9s, forget about 8s" did i miss something.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
This isn't directed at those people who've posted in this thread lately, but BTW, after looking at this thread title, I can't help but wonder what this thread has to do with the SHELBY GT500. Last time I looked, this forum IS about the GT500. Right? I don't see any forums here for the Z06. :rollseyes

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
BillyGman said:
This isn't directed at those people who've posted in this thread lately, but BTW, after looking at this thread title, I can't help but wonder what this thread has to do with the SHELBY GT500. Last time I looked, this forum IS about the GT500. Right? I don't see any forums here for the Z06. :rollseyes

Agreed. The Z06 is leagues above the GT500 and a great car, but this forum should be about the GT500. Too bad most of it is negative. Just like the Z06 forum shouldn't be an Enzo forum.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
DBK said:
Agreed. The Z06 is leagues above the GT500 and a great car, but this forum should be about the GT500. Too bad most of it is negative. Just like the Z06 forum shouldn't be an Enzo forum.
I hear ya. I can understand if some people mention some brief comparisants to what the new vette will be like vs. the new GT500 in a post here and there, but to devote an entire thread to it is kinda much. Take it over to a Vette board.

Fourcam330

Established Member
redz_02 said:
Did I miss something, remember hearing "while it takes a power adder just to get a 2v into the 9s, forget about 8s" did i miss something.

You got my point.

Fourcam330

Established Member
DBK said:

:beer:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
DBK said:

:beer:

I can't believe all the "hate" for the GT500. This car promises to be the best factory performing Mustang in it's 40+ year history. The camaro guys would love to have their version of a muscle car like this. It's funny at how all the haters love to compare it to the Z06. We all know that's an apples to oranges comparo. I don't know if it's a case of jealousy or what. I understand that this car is not for everyone but some individuals just seem to go out of their way to slam this car. Those of us that are planning on purchasing this car are excited. I will have one parked in my garage next to my Terminator. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread