Your worst experience with police?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I wouldnt say its the worst...

But almost every time I've been pulled over they have somehow found a reason to search me and the car, and every time they find nothing and I dont get a ticket.

I remember once they did a field sobriety test, passed easily ( hadnt drank) they even said i passed it perfect..

Then asked me to sit in the front seat of their SUV ( passenger) and did more tests, and made me take a breathalyzer. Passed easily of course..

that was a waste of an hour

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Not really a bad experience but more of a funny story.

My father in law is a retired swat officer and generally scary guy if you didnt know him. After his retirement from the force he became a school resource officer and conducted a lot of active shooter and bomb threat drills at the school in conjunction with his old swat buddies.

I had been dating his daughter for a few years and wanted to marry her but of course I wanted to do the right thing and ask his permission.

I asked him to lunch one day and he agreed. I said I would swing by the school on my lunch break and pick him up.

Of course he knew what was up and what i wanted. So I show up at the school and sure enough there's a dozen black clad swat guys armed to the teeth with mp5's, M4's, shields, etc. sweeping the outside of the building.

I'm shitting my pants because I really dont know what is going on but I approach the nearest officer. Of course he has a k-9 whom doesn't seem very happy about being inside the car and not out playing with the boys. I tell the officer in a im sure shaky voice" Hi I'm here to see Jeff, is it ok if I go in?" He says oh yeah he's just inside the front doors.

So I walk up to the front door past several swat officers and enter the building and it's just chaos. Loud and fast is the only way I can describe it.

I finally see my father in law surrounded by other officers and school staff and I walk up and meekly say "Hey Jeff."

He turns towards me and says, "There's my future son-in-law!".

Everyone bursts out laughing as im standing there with I'm sure the dumbest look on my face as I'm still trying to process what is happening.

I finally get it and blurt out "Oh you're such an asshole" as I start laughing as well.

He grabs and says "Welcome to the family and I'd be honored if you would marry my daughter."

I don't think my heart stopped racing for a few days lol.

I've now known him now for 10 years and he is one of the best men I've ever known. He's the type of guy that I want my kids to emulate.

Point is, cops are out there doing a very tough job everyday. Their day can go from simple traffic tickets to an active shooter in the blink of an eye. The stress levels they have to deal with must be unreal so I forgive them if they're having a bad day. Am I defending the bad ones? Nope, just standing up for the good ones whom I have as friends and family.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I wouldnt say its the worst...

But almost every time I've been pulled over they have somehow found a reason to search me and the car, and every time they find nothing and I dont get a ticket.

I remember once they did a field sobriety test, passed easily ( hadnt drank) they even said i passed it perfect..

Then asked me to sit in the front seat of their SUV ( passenger) and did more tests, and made me take a breathalyzer. Passed easily of course..

that was a waste of an hour
Use menthol nasal spray and a steroid inhaler. Don't forget to brush your teeth and use Listerine mouth wash. Also go on a ketogenic diet. You will be impressed with the number variations that a breathalyzer gives.

One of the drummers I use is a K9 officer. I entertain myself with a breathalyzer from time to time when I go over to mess with his dogs.

Also ask to be placed in a bite suit for dog training. That's always a lot of fun.

Sent from a non multiquoting device at svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
I guess it would be another thread, but we should get all the cops who are members here to tell thier worst stories about citizens.

See what I did there? I put the shoe on the other foot

143r4.jpg

SHOdown220

Established Member
Honestly most of my encounters with cops have been positive, I did get pulled over by a SC trooper and after informing him of my weapon and permit he removed me from the vehicle, removed my weapon and took it to his car. When we were finished he gave my back my gun disassembled and somehow with 10 rounds in a 9 round magazine (I carry 1 in the chamber). That was the first time I had been disarmed but if it made him feel better while we conducted his stop it didn't really bother me.

The only negative experience and its really not bad at all but I was rear ended on my motorcycle and we are sitting in the middle of a busy road and cop takes something like 45 minutes to show up and then dismissed the whole thing basically. Said since the damage was so minor he wouldn't write a accident report on it and instead had us exchange insurance information. That "minor" damage was $3400, had the other party declined to tell the truth to his insurance company I would have been up shit creek with no accident report. He just seemed like he really did not want to be there and we were just wasting his time

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I was 19 I was wrongfully arrested and jailed for 3 days on 2 felony counts. Bail was set at $800K so I wasn't going anywhere and was looking at life imprisonment. During those 3 days I was fed 2 times, was never given an opportunity to shower, was never given a lawyer, was dragged out of my cell in the middle of the night to be interrogated, etc etc. Fun times.

Am I the only one that is going to ask for more on this one? haha This could be a thread by itself.

What the **** happened?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Use menthol nasal spray and a steroid inhaler. Don't forget to brush your teeth and use Listerine mouth wash. Also go on a ketogenic diet. You will be impressed with the number variations that a breathalyzer gives.

One of the drummers I use is a K9 officer. I entertain myself with a breathalyzer from time to time when I go over to mess with his dogs.

Also ask to be placed in a bite suit for dog training. That's always a lot of fun.

I'm one of those.. if they want to search or do whatever. I just say okay... every time just due to respect.. even if they had a " reason" to pull me over, because I just let them do their thing... I get off with a warning

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Witnessed motorcylce accident while I was riding (fatality). Stopped and tried to offer assistance (he was dead on impact with telephone pole), waited for police, gave them my camera footage since I thought I caught it on camera. Accident wasn't caught, but police decided to recover any deleted videos from that memory card (two weeks worth of riding). Attempted charging me with over 120 traffic violations, DA ended up trying to charge me with 5 counts reckless, 5 counts speeding over 100. Ended up taking one count of each, lost motorcycle license for three years, and 120 hours community service....all based on those deleted videos they recovered. Nothing to do with the day of the accident........many lessons learned after that experience....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. Well, I guess that would be way back in like 1981. I was on my way home from work and I came up on a cop with a hand held radar gun. I was around 10mph over the 30 limit. He motioned for me to pull over as I approached him, but....I went WOT and sped past him. :eek: Totally not like me to run from a cop, and I have no idea why I did it. Anyway, I was hauling ass down the street and I see in my rearview mirror the cop running to his car, jumping in, and turning his car around with the lights flashing. I knew there were two streets coming up and one of them would take me to a main road where I was confident I could lose him. The other one was a street I had never tried. So I see "my street" coming up and I whipped a right and sped for freedom. Only problem was I had turned down the wrong street, and quickly found it was a freaking dead-end. So I get to the end and before you know it there came the cop, followed by a second cop. Make a long story short, I was VERY fortunate that day. I only got a ticket for eluding, which had around a $100 fine, which I gladly paid. I could have easily been carted off to jail, but I wasn't. They let me go with the ticket. I remember all the way home I kept saying, "thank you, Lord!". God sometimes winks at our transgressions/silly mistakes. That was mine!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Witnessed motorcylce accident while I was riding (fatality). Stopped and tried to offer assistance (he was dead on impact with telephone pole), waited for police, gave them my camera footage since I thought I caught it on camera. Accident wasn't caught, but police decided to recover any deleted videos from that memory card (two weeks worth of riding). Attempted charging me with over 120 traffic violations, DA ended up trying to charge me with 5 counts reckless, 5 counts speeding over 100. Ended up taking one count of each, lost motorcycle license for three years, and 120 hours community service....all based on those deleted videos they recovered. Nothing to do with the day of the accident........many lessons learned after that experience....

Ouch, real dick move there. I have definitely thought about this scenario every time I considered a dash cam...don’t want some prosecutor to get hard on over anything unrelated to the incident the dash cam recorded.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Ouch, real dick move there. I have definitely thought about this scenario every time I considered a dash cam...don’t want some prosecutor to get hard on over anything unrelated to the incident the dash cam recorded.
My dashcam records 11 hours at a time in 5 minute segments. I turn it on when I back out of the garage in the morning and turn it off when I pull in the garage in the afternoon. I've saved a few interesting 5 minute clips.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

File that under, no good deed goes unpunished.

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm a jerk. My Sasquatch self would have stepped out. Mr Glock and Ms S&W would have said hello. If need be they would have spoken loudly and with force.

I can't run away in reverse. Not attempting to either.

I was too young to have a CWP in CT at the time. I had never been in a situation like that before either, so my first instinct was "get out now."

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I was too young to have a CWP in CT at the time. I had never been in a situation like that before either, so my first instinct was "get out now."
I was never that smart. As a kid I liked to fight. It took a while for me to realize that no matter who wins, getting hit hurts.

I'm glad I outgrew that phase.

Users who are viewing this thread