Your worse setback

Artie1957

Banned
The most recent, last week at 1 1/2 yrs, still growing muscle mass ofcourse. Pure breed uncropped ears

2ylpx5c.jpg
Awsome friend you got there!

Dawgstang

Established Member
During TVS install, received dual FPDM harness from reputable vendor that was wired wrong. Kept on throwing codes.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Having a blower seize up on you 2 days before a big show. Right after you had it rebuilt the day before.

mikecharris

Established Member
Being a dumbass and not reading local traffic laws and losing my regristration and plates for my car and having to pay $1,250 to re-reg my car and run a sr-22 in the state of nevada.
O and the associated ticket that went with it.
All my fault tho so i am the only one to blame.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Being a dumbass and not reading local traffic laws and losing my regristration and plates for my car and having to pay $1,250 to re-reg my car and run a sr-22 in the state of nevada.
O and the associated ticket that went with it.
All my fault tho so i am the only one to blame.

Thats ridiculous but always something i keep in the back of my mind

Having a blower seize up on you 2 days before a big show. Right after you had it rebuilt the day before.

Did you follow the factory specs and instructions and oil? id be on the phone with them in a quick second

During TVS install, received dual FPDM harness from reputable vendor that was wired wrong. Kept on throwing codes.

Thats fustrating, i got a fuel level sender from a good site as well and part was defected and poorly wired, since solved but still happened, i know that feeling of one set back after another with that

Awsome friend you got there!

Thanks man! :beer: raised her from a little meatball

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
Yea I was on the phone instantly and lucky they were local and made shit work and still made it to the show

Evo2SVT

Established Member
Please do :rockon:

Mine is a female weighs in at 100lbs even, small but strong as hell. Next will be a male

My 1st one was 165lbs. Now this puppy is gonna be BIG. Her father was 275lbs solid muscle and so far she is 4 months and is up to 45lbs 2 weeks ago. I'll try to put up some pics soon

03cobraracer

Established Member
blowing my motor up in 2006 was a huge financial setback for me lol... was fixed within 3 months but wasn't fun to pay for lol. another setback for me is being over here in Germany and my car is back in the states. been 2 years I really wanna drive it!!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Its pretty safe to say most of us have experienced a setback in one way or another while working on a cobra. Whats your worse setback?

I have had plenty of times where i was doing a project late and made careless mistakes or was short a part causing me to stop in my tracks. I will say two of my most annoying setbacks were breaking a lower intake manifold bolt, and installing my blower(ive done it many times) and forgetting to install the intercooler pump after everything was bolted down

Just did that after torquing with a cheap torque wrench....fixed on Tuesday but more drama and expense than I needed

But learned more about my car so again not the end of the world

DrakeSnake

Semper Fi
Established Member
Pulled the motor and didn't have time to get the flywheel off and the engine stand cracked the friction plate. And I didn't own a engine hoist I used a friends. And had to wait a week for him to come back before I could disassemble the motor. Cost me a flywheel insert and a new clutch. But I learned my lessen.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

testorossa1989

Established Member
Pulled the motor and didn't have time to get the flywheel off and the engine stand cracked the friction plate. And I didn't own a engine hoist I used a friends. And had to wait a week for him to come back before I could disassemble the motor. Cost me a flywheel insert and a new clutch. But I learned my lessen.

Sent from my LG-P870 using Tapatalk 2

Thats a pretty big setback, i can relate on that whole waiting on help because your using a friends tool

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
2 set backs for me.

1. A bad tune, I immediately quit driving her and looked for better options. Found an awesome tuner later down the road

2. 1 damaged innercooler hole on my posi ported blower. Seller forgot to mention it but we worked it out. My best friend is a machinist, so easy fix.

All in all still cost $ and down time though.

What about #3 Jesse? Spill the beans :lol1:
As for me, I was installing my killer chiller when I broke one of the lines to my evaporator:bash: which turned my couple day job into a dash party:nonono: That's the second dash I've had to pull on a cobra, no fun!

Users who are viewing this thread