Your thoughts on this Cobra

94slowbra1

Established Member
super clean paint with aftermarket headlights and high miles being sold at a dealer. to me that seems like it might have been wrecked and resprayed. the back seats have alot or wrinkles which you dont see often. it looks real clean, but i wonder why its so cheap. i would definitely look it over very well

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
For 112k miles, the front bumper is flawless. I'm not sure if the photos have been Photoshopped or the car has new paint, which would be unusual for Mystichrome. There is also more blue-blue tone than normally shows up on Mystichrome, although it could be the white light and white room.

It's definitely was a Mystichrome car with the interior, although possibly resprayed exterior.

The rear seat leather is concerning. Water damage?

I've never seen this much blue in any lighting condition with my car. Original owner Mystichrome:

15812584_5.jpg

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Ya it's almost certainly been repainted....but I'll tell you this, looks like a hell of a job! The back seat wrinkles are weird, too....

If it drives good, and the motor passed a compression test, title clean, etc.....that would be a heck of a car for 17 range

jmsa540

Established Member
I was thinking the same thing about the rear seats. I'm not going to lie, it would be nice to have an 04 mystic.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think they did something with the photos. That or they coated the entire car in KY lube. Every picture is just so glossy looking.
Only way to know is to go see it in person and dig through all the lies the dealer is going to tell you.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The body looks very clean. I would ask for a compression test and under side pictures before purchase

bssmith1220

Established Member
Almost has to be a repaint, but it looks good. My 40k mile mystichrome doesn't look that good and mine has the cleanest paint I've seen in person for one with any miles on it.

HPLouis

Established Member
The lighting might play a part in it. I noticed the other cars they're selling also have that deep, wet look to them.

Zemedici

Established Member
Went to cosmo last year to check it out. They edit their photos very heavily, so I'd DEFINITELY go check out the car in person. The place normally has some nicely modified stuff, but the salesmen dont know dick about them, was told the incorrect blower type & size on two different units, corrected the salesman both times when I was looking at the car. Typical salesman :rolleyes:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I say go look at it. The price might be KBB based on it being a dealership. They are probably selling on listed value instead of enthusiast value. Everyone here values these cars based on modifications and color. I don't think KBB and NADA takes those factors into consideration.

I just checked KBB and a 2004 Cobra with 112K miles is listed for $16,800.
NADA listed it for $16,875

Beavis281

Established Member
Same dealership I bought mine at. Not going into detail, but I would never buy again from them.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
If you're close, go check it out.
They may or may not know the real history of the car.
One thing tho, they have a heck of a photographer.

RichM1983

Established Member
Beavis I'm interested in the car could you PM your experience? I won't share it with anyone without your permission.

Thanks

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Looks like those pictures were photoshop'd or a that room has a awesome effect on the paint. The MC paint can look rather blue in the right light. Here is a picture of mine the day I picked it up.

1469325499547_zpsj9ojgeao.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread