your thoughts on RONNIE CRAWFORD!!

BlownDSGvert03

Established Member
WEL I JUST DROPPED OFF MY ENGINE THIS WEEK TO RONNIE TO HAVE HIM BUILD ME A 302 STROKER! :banana:

IM JUST DOING THE
SROKER CRANK
MANLEY H BEAM RODS
CP PISTONS
ARP HEAD STUDS
COMP CAM STAGE 3
STAINLESS VALVES
PORDED BLOWER
UPPER PULLEY
KOOKS HEADERS
MAGNAFLOW CAT BACK
AND A CUSTOM TUNE.

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT KIND OF NUMBERS I SHOULD BE LOOKING AT AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE ?

NEW COBRA GUY HERE SO PLEASE ANY HELP IS APPRICIATED!

THANKS!!

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
No compression, bore, stroke info.

What ported blower?

As a recent post showed you can make up to 570hp with the right port on those cams. Depending on the obvious missing variables.

BlownDSGvert03

Established Member
not sure on the compression bore or stroke i know im going 302 stroker but that all i know for now and a stock blower for now just a ported eaton. should i see a big diffrence going to a stroker vs. a stock ?

oh i do know he is going .30 over if that helps

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
If your going to a 302 it will be a nice little difference. Its not going to be like something completely new but it will gain some nice power. You would have noticed more of a difference if you were on a turbo setup due to the volume difference.

Its a good platform to start with being you are new to the car. Im sure in no time you will have a larger blower and making 600+

To utilize all of what you have now, you will need to add a lower pulley and spin the piss out of that blower. I would almost consider a little spray myself.

Whats the need for all the head work? Did you bend a valve?

BlownDSGvert03

Established Member
nope didnt bend a valve but figured if i got it apart its only 600 for new better valves witch cant hurt. and yeah im sorry im also doing the lower lol..

more or less were do u think i will stand power wise with this setup ?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ronnie put the 347 Stroker on the map in the early 90's and lots of Fun Ford Weekend 5.0 Shootout competitors used his powerplants!

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Your from North Florida and DON'T know who Ronnie Crawford is? Let me guess your still in your 20's?:D

I actually turned 28 today, happy birthday me.

However I do ALL my own engine builds. Every one since I was 18. Now had the question been machine shops then I could probably play along.

I know who Kris Sterns is, can I get a nice golf clap?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
No compression, bore, stroke info.

What ported blower?

As a recent post showed you can make up to 570hp with the right port on those cams. Depending on the obvious missing variables.

With a good maxed out Ported Eaton setup 570hp with cams is reachable with "corrected" numbers.:beer:

BlownDSGvert03

Established Member
thats more or less what i thought :) :beer:

also posi i will be coming to u in a couple weeks :rockon:

r u guyys backed up ? kind of trying to get it running befor thanksgiving for the turkey run lol its gonna be closeeeee
:shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
thats more or less what i thought :) :beer:

also posi i will be coming to u in a couple weeks :rockon:

r u guyys backed up ? kind of trying to get it running befor thanksgiving for the turkey run lol its gonna be closeeeee
:shrug:

We were slow, got busy for 2 weeks, now we're slow again. Even if we get busy if we know a rush blower is coming we'll work it in.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I remember him from back in the day but is he any good at mod motors?
I personally haven't heard about Ronnie's expertise with Mod motors, he was out of the game for awhile when Crawford Performance closed down, I heard he has a smaller place now but is still making Shiate happen when it comes to power producing:bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread