Your Thoughts: Clear Bra 2013 BOSS

nycarpenter

Established Member
Going to have the venture shield clear bra put on the boss tomorrow. Full bumper 24 inches up the hood mirrors door handle cups and a small portion of the fenders. Should I do the A pillars and leading 5 inches of roof line. I am not going over the stripes. Any other spots or ideas?

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
A pillars wouldn't be a bad idea. When installed correctly, they protect very well and are pretty hard to detect with the naked eye.

May want to consider the rear bumper near the exhaust. if you ever run off road, it will protect the bumper from soot stains, ect.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
^agreed, also behind wheel wells maybe?

edit: unless that's the part of the fender you are referring to.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Definitely a worth while investment. I like the idea of the roof, not many people do that. I would do behind the wheel wells, obviously the front bumper and a foot or so up the hood. Like you said stay away from the stripes, it will make them glossy.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Marco from North Shore tint did an amazing job installing the clear bra. I did the full bumper 24 inches up the hood front of fenders door cup A pillars leading edge of roof side skirts and the top of the rear bumper.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
You just screwed up and went with the wrong film. Luckily your car is yellow so you should notice anything till it needs to be replaced in a few years from wear.

nycarpenter

Established Member
You just screwed up and went with the wrong film. Luckily your car is yellow so you should notice anything till it needs to be replaced in a few years from wear.

I have used the product in the past without any issues. The shop that did my car handles the local Benz and BMW dealerships along with Marshall Goldman. I'm pretty confident the film is just fine but thanks for your words of wisdom :)

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
I have used the product in the past without any issues. The shop that did my car handles the local Benz and BMW dealerships along with Marshall Goldman. I'm pretty confident the film is just fine but thanks for your words of wisdom :)

Nothing against the shop. Its the film. The 3M Ventureshield yellows after about 2 years. I have removed and replaced PPF before that people had Ventureshield put on their new vehicle and only 6 months later it was already yellowing.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Nothing against the shop. Its the film. The 3M Ventureshield yellows after about 2 years. I have removed and replaced PPF before that people had Ventureshield put on their new vehicle and only 6 months later it was already yellowing.

Just saying we have had no issues here with our cars...

nycarpenter

Established Member
Have to agree venture shield is old technology as far as films go. Xpel ultimate is the way to go.

The 04 Cobra is old technology also but let's face it they both products work fine. This was not a thread where I was asking for advise on product it was placement of the shield on a 2013 Boss.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I agree with it can be seen but the film is really your best chance against a stone shot.
i dont have any chips on my front bumper at all. I had the filled the license plate holes and got painted last year and drove about 10k miles and no chips on front bumper at all. but i always protect it and rarely drive on freeway and if i do im not tailing anybody. only got a couple on hood and fender. pretty decent for 11 year old car. i would just be careful with driving it and do a good paint correction and seal it up and call it quits. clear bra is overrated and way over priced if you ask me

nycarpenter

Established Member
i dont have any chips on my front bumper at all. I had the filled the license plate holes and got painted last year and drove about 10k miles and no chips on front bumper at all. but i always protect it and rarely drive on freeway and if i do im not tailing anybody. only got a couple on hood and fender. pretty decent for 11 year old car. i would just be careful with driving it and do a good paint correction and seal it up and call it quits. clear bra is overrated and way over priced if you ask me

I drive my car :)

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I drive my car :)

What you talking about I drive mine too. Daily driver actually just got stuck in snow tonight lol that was fun but made it back ok and only have any a 12 mile round trip daily so it keeps the miles down! :) trust me I'm sure I drive it more then most lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dom418

Established Member
The 04 Cobra is old technology also but let's face it they both products work fine. This was not a thread where I was asking for advise on product it was placement of the shield on a 2013 Boss.

Meh, my outdated 04 will still have a higher quality clear bra (Xpel ultimate) than your state of the art orange dream machine. But since you are such an expert, why come here and ask about film placement? You should already know the best areas to install it. Don't get butt hurt when people give their opinion on the product you chose. It's nothing personal and it's the Internet.

It's a mustang not a Bugatti. Chips will happen, IMO doing the a pillars is not necessary. Most of the chips will occur in the first 24" of hood, bumpers, mirrors. Before you know it you can cover the entire car in film if you are that worried. I would just focus on the areas that will get impacted most and call it a day. Some of the 13' Shelby guys have had their whole front end covered. Full hood, full fenders, etc.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member

Just clicked on the website, Nice pics!!!

nycarpenter

Established Member
What you talking about I drive mine too. Daily driver actually just got stuck in snow tonight lol that was fun but made it back ok and only have any a 12 mile round trip daily so it keeps the miles down! :) trust me I'm sure I drive it more then most lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
I put 25000 miles on my cobra in 2 1/2 years of seasonal driving :) I mean no rain or snow etc. The car went on several 1000 mile trips as will the Boss :) I painted the hood on the 04 3x as the chips just kept on coming..

nycarpenter

Established Member
Meh, my outdated 04 will still have a higher quality clear bra (Xpel ultimate) than your state of the art orange dream machine. But since you are such an expert, why come here and ask about film placement? You should already know the best areas to install it. Don't get butt hurt when people give their opinion on the product you chose. It's nothing personal and it's the Internet.

It's a mustang not a Bugatti. Chips will happen, IMO doing the a pillars is not necessary. Most of the chips will occur in the first 24" of hood, bumpers, mirrors. Before you know it you can cover the entire car in film if you are that worried. I would just focus on the areas that will get impacted most and call it a day. Some of the 13' Shelby guys have had their whole front end covered. Full hood, full fenders, etc.

I agree you can and I did go overboard with the film but the a pillars and roof line were free so it's done. Expel makes a great film not disputing this fact I just used another product. We all have our opinions and make our choices. As for your 04 Cobra bar none the best bang for the buck car I have ever owned but made a choice to sell it for the new Boss. Do I think the Boss is a better car? No it was just a needed change for me. By the way the Boss is School Bus Yellow. Thanks to all for their advise and comments :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread