Your opinion; totalled?

Bitaln

So I need to know what you all think. Totalled or repairable? I have 20k to fix up from insurance or do you think it's repairable?

Not shown on pictures... Rear axle snapped, Entire front end smashed, and left fender damaged.

photo5.gif

photo4.gif

photo3.gif

photo2.gif

Worst night of my life by far :(

This whole thing is :bs: I wan't even driving wreckless. The rear end just slipped out from under me when I was changing lanes. but any how... What do you think of the damage? again insurance is covering $20k-$23k

FORD4U

Established Member
do you want to sell it? the whole car that is, i cant seem to PM you. thnaks

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
How is your insurance covering that high of a dollar value? That being said, that could be fixed for that dollar range.

Bitaln

yeah rims are for sale I am pretty sure that those were the one thing that was untouched in all of the mess... name a price and it's yours if It's reasonable

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
You do NOT want it back. Take the money and buy a new one on here. My 98 had far less damage but air bags deployed, car had mystery rattles and sounded like a box of marbles afterwards. You will never be able to sell it. Dump it and don't look back. Glad u r fine. Just a car at least.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
It'll be close but if there isn't any frame damage I'd say they'll fix it, I'm not an expert on repair estimates but to me it looks to be around 10-13k. The general rule insurance companies go by is they will be fixed if the rapairs are 80% or less of the car's value, if not they're just totaled out.

FORD4U

Established Member
i think its closer to 66% for most companies, and i would have a hard time thinking that there was no frame damage, it was hit hard on the side and the front, can you send more pictures to me please

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sorry too see this. More pictures of the underside and front damage would help on this one.

popeye010

Established Member
If it's not totaled when the adjuster shows up slip him a $100 and ask him to look again. You don't want it back. If they give you 23, go buy another one.

SVT GT

Established Member
Looks totalled did the air bags go off also? Anything is repairable its just how much money, time, and could you live with a salvage title. I would say from looking at the pictures with a hit that hard your might even have frame damage. If the insurance company is going to give you 20-23K then take the money and look for another one.

Users who are viewing this thread