Your opinion please.

tenmiledaddy

Airborne
Established Member
I would like to know your opinion on how a race may turn out. There's a guy I met the other day that has a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, and he told me he is always moping the street with Mustangs and Vettes. He said he had a lot of money in his car and it was supercharged and putting down 650 rwhp. I don't know if he was giving me a line of crap or what. I don't know what type of Mustangs he supposedly mopped the street with or vettes, even if it was true. Some people around where I live bragg a lot. Anyways, he said he would like to run me one day. I told him anytime he's ready. I have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 with a 2.6 pulley and SCT tune and am currently at 550 rwhp with 549 lbs. of torque. This is a very safe tune. I am considering heavy on taking my car to Stiegemeier just north of St. Louis for what Dyno Bob calls a Snake Bite Kit. It should give me 650 rwhp. My question is should I worry about the Chrysler 300 as I sit right now, or should I get another 100 rwhp before I try to make him put up or shut up? I'm not the best driver in the world, but I'm not too bad. What do you think?

Sneaky01Snake

Established Member
he would look really stupid if he's claiming all that power and really doesnt and gets stomped. he does know you have a gt500 and not a v6 right? if he knows you have a gt500 then he may be telling the truth

definitely get it on video regardless

NinjaBum

Established Member
Have they even cracked the tune on 392's yet? If not I think you'll kick his ass. Just asking cause last time I checked people were having issues cracking it to actually tune those vehicles.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I would like to know your opinion on how a race may turn out. There's a guy I met the other day that has a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, and he told me he is always moping the street with Mustangs and Vettes. He said he had a lot of money in his car and it was supercharged and putting down 650 rwhp. I don't know if he was giving me a line of crap or what. I don't know what type of Mustangs he supposedly mopped the street with or vettes, even if it was true. Some people around where I live bragg a lot. Anyways, he said he would like to run me one day. I told him anytime he's ready. I have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 with a 2.6 pulley and SCT tune and am currently at 550 rwhp with 549 lbs. of torque. This is a very safe tune. I am considering heavy on taking my car to Stiegemeier just north of St. Louis for what Dyno Bob calls a Snake Bite Kit. It should give me 650 rwhp. My question is should I worry about the Chrysler 300 as I sit right now, or should I get another 100 rwhp before I try to make him put up or shut up? I'm not the best driver in the world, but I'm not too bad. What do you think?

Im sure he means cobra, shelbys, z06's, etc. I say run him and I think he's full of shit I hate when people say I beat this car or that car when those kinda cars aren't even on the road that much. Theres a guy down here claims that he beats termi's all the time and I sasid where the **** do you even see all these cobras.:shrug:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Have they even cracked the tune on 392's yet? If not I think you'll kick his ass. Just asking cause last time I checked people were having issues cracking it to actually tune those vehicles.

No they still havent cracked it. But some shops have found a piggy back method where they swap the 2010 pcm in and tune it but you lose VVT and other features.

Last edited:

OneBadWS6

Established Member

There aren't to many Supercharged 12' SRT8's running around because of the locked PCM and not being able to tune them. I say he's BSing but only one way to find out...run em :rockon:

OneBadWS6

Established Member
Im sure he means cobra, shelbys, z06's, etc. I say run him and I think he's full of shit I hate when people say I beat this car or that car when those kinda cars aren't even on the road that much. Theres a guy down here claims that he beats termi's all the time and I sasid where the **** do you even see all these cobras.:shrug:

I see 03 cobras almost every day here in Cali...im not sure where you are located. I see about 10+ 5.0's a day almost more then I see the 10'ss which is by far the most popular

tenmiledaddy

Airborne
Established Member
I live close to central Louisiana, and it's a poor part of the state. My closest town has about 500 people, and there are just no sports cars of any prominance to hardly be seen. There's a few 99 model or so camaroes and a few Mustang GTs, and once in a blue moon a vette., but my Shelby is a very rare to be seen car in this what you would call "Neck of the Woods". There may be a Challenger or two, or a new Camaro or two, but as far as sports cars, ricers are more seen than anything else. This is just a quick glimpse of where I live.

big dad

Established Member
A line I used alot when I was racing my 68 Chevy II with either the 292 or 331 small block in it was, you better beat me, you got more cubes, and you better beat me bad. Works every time. There's one particular owner of a 70 Chevelle LS6 that got so upset that he sold the car. He said after the race, that's a healthy 427 you got, I said it's not a 427. Then it's a really healthy 396, I said it's not a 396. His exact words were, "That's no ****ing small block?! My answer, YUP.
Ah the good old days of street racing. Almost 40 years ago.

NinjaBum

Established Member
No they still havent cracked it. But some shops have found a piggy back method where they swap the 2010 pcm in and tune it but you lose VVT and other features.

That just seems sheisty to me. I guess Chrysler really wants to force people to buy a new SRT-8 when they release the blown models if they want more power, as opposed to tuning their current models. Pretty lame. Always turned me off to them really. Nice cars, but sucks not being able to tune them properly.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
A line I used alot when I was racing my 68 Chevy II with either the 292 or 331 small block in it was, you better beat me, you got more cubes, and you better beat me bad. Works every time. There's one particular owner of a 70 Chevelle LS6 that got so upset that he sold the car. He said after the race, that's a healthy 427 you got, I said it's not a 427. Then it's a really healthy 396, I said it's not a 396. His exact words were, "That's no ****ing small block?! My answer, YUP.
Ah the good old days of street racing. Almost 40 years ago.

I still see big block guys throwing fits when things don't go right for them. I don't get the big block thing... Especially with some of the tech available today with small blocks.

big dad

Established Member
I still see big block guys throwing fits when things don't go right for them. I don't get the big block thing... Especially with some of the tech available today with small blocks.

Well back in those days most everyone figured the big rats were the way to go, then someone like me and my good friend Marv (who's dead now from a motorcycle accident), came along with some rather high strung mouse motors and shit in their mess kits. The only problem was the mouse motors required alot of attention and were more prone to loading up vs a rat, but we give alot of those guys fits.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
I see 03 cobras almost every day here in Cali...im not sure where you are located. I see about 10+ 5.0's a day almost more then I see the 10'ss which is by far the most popular

I live in rancho not too far from gtr and I still don't see all these termi's most people claim they do u have to remember there are a lot of fakes out there

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Well back in those days most everyone figured the big rats were the way to go, then someone like me and my good friend Marv (who's dead now from a motorcycle accident), came along with some rather high strung mouse motors and shit in their mess kits. The only problem was the mouse motors required alot of attention and were more prone to loading up vs a rat, but we give alot of those guys fits.

Honestly sounds like a ton of fun, now days people expect small blocks to perform well, makes it hard to catch them by surprise.

big dad

Established Member
Honestly sounds like a ton of fun, now days people expect small blocks to perform well, makes it hard to catch them by surprise.

Ya, looking back on it now it was fun, but boy were we stupid running way over a 100mph on bias ply tires, plus I ran 5.38 gears on the street with a 29 inch tall tire, L78X15 4 ply. Steep gears with a mouse was the way to go, rats, not so much. Another thing, gas was 45 to 50 cents a gallon in the mid seventies.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Why not just ask him to pop the hood and show you the SC? Pretty easy to see if he is bsing or not.

Either way, just run him. And get a vid. Why worry about the outcome if it's not for money!?

OneBadWS6

Established Member
I live in rancho not too far from gtr and I still don't see all these termi's most people claim they do u have to remember there are a lot of fakes out there

Thats very true. I see alot of FAKE 03 Cobras. I literally watched a 2V GT thats parked by my barbershop turn into a 03 Cobra over a period of 6-7 months. He did the wheels, hood, front and rear bumper and he even went as far as his plates saying Snke Vnm or something close to that.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Thats very true. I see alot of FAKE 03 Cobras. I literally watched a 2V GT thats parked by my barbershop turn into a 03 Cobra over a period of 6-7 months. He did the wheels, hood, front and rear bumper and he even went as far as his plates saying Snke Vnm or something close to that.

That always irritated me. I mean, I'm not a big 2v fan, but if I owned one, I wouldn't be trying to turn it into something it's not. I'll give more props to a well modded 2v with GT badges than a guy with cobra emblems all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread