Your opinion on this 2.2 KB

What is your opinion on this situation

• It was my fault. My negligence caused the burnt out seals

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • The supercharger was leaking oil before I got it.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxf02

ebay in business of making money, same as the seller. ebay coudn't really know the state of SC at the time of delivery, so the will b on side of seller to make money. Rest is on honesty of seller, so it is between him and what ever he beleives in. If he was an honest man he still would offer u that 500.
Lets hope one day he will get what he deserves.

golfprowanabe

Established Member
So what did you end up doing with the blower?

Nothing as of yet. I'm running a chargeback thru my credit card company, in which of course, I'd be happy to cancel if he extends me the same offer LOL. I still want the KB, but want it in working order. If not I'll just go with a new whipple! :rolling:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
I spoke with the owner this morning regarding this and you're in luck. It's his birthday today and he's feeling generous. We will extend the $500 offer back to you to help with the repair costs if you choose to accept it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I too would have taking the 500 bucks. In most cases "as-is" people won't offer any money back these days.

EDIT: This is why I'm leaning towards buying a new 2.3 whipple and NOT used.

kirbyctsv

Not sure why everyone keeps saying he should have taken the $500...He said he would have but wasnt given the time to see/accept. Id like to know why was it provided in such a manner...
"Our offer is $500 total and is good until end of business today at 6pm.
After that, it and any further discussion is off the table."

why such a short period?

"I spoke with the owner this morning regarding this and you're in luck. It's his birthday today and he's feeling generous. We will extend the $500 offer back to you to help with the repair costs if you choose to accept it."

Does this come with an end of business day deadline too? Would have sounded better if u left off the first sentence. At least then some people wouldn't think u sound like a dick.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Not sure why everyone keeps saying he should have taken the $500...He said he would have but wasnt given the time to see/accept. Id like to know why was it provided in such a manner...
"Our offer is $500 total and is good until end of business today at 6pm.
After that, it and any further discussion is off the table."

why such a short period?
He wasn't entitled to a refund partial or full. For the seller to even offer a refund regardless if there was a deadline with it or not should have been taken with a smile on his face. I understand he may not have received the email in a timely matter but he should have then messaged the seller, gave his explanation and then see if the seller would still honor his offer.

But OP glad to see things worked out for you. A couple hundred out of pocket and you'll have a good blower :beer:

golfprowanabe

Established Member
Quote:

why such a short period?
He wasn't entitled to a refund partial or full. For the seller to even offer a refund regardless if there was a deadline with it or not should have been taken with a smile on his face. I understand he may not have received the email in a timely matter but he should have then messaged the seller, gave his explanation and then see if the seller would still honor his offer.

But OP glad to see things worked out for you. A couple hundred out of pocket and you'll have a good blower :beer:

Wow people whether I should have taken the $500 or not is NOT what this post is about!!! :shrug:
It's about whether you think that it was I who burnt up the blower which already had a bad bypass valve. :banana::banana:

But please explain why I was not entitled to a full or partial refund? It was sold on ebay as used, which by ebays definition, states that it must be working as intended. It was not. Guarranteed was the fact that the bypass valve was faulty. End of story right there. Now if I hadn't done anything to the blower, ebay would have went in my favor. But let me ask... How do you guys, (ones who don't own performance shops! :rolling::rolling:), test for a blower leak without putting it on?

With that being said, I only asked that the seller go half in with me to fix the product. That was quite generous. It will cost me $718 to have KB rebuild, $150 total shipping, $300 for bypass valve, and $240 for 4 new injectors. Let me ask you guys... would you buy the blower for 2500 if you knew you were going to have to fork out that much extra???

But...that was nice of the seller to re-extend the offer. That's something he obviously didn't have to do and I'm appreciable. Thanks Jimmy. :beer:

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
So, just so everyone knows how this guy is. We sent him the agreed upon $500 settlement and he STILL filed the charge-back for the full amount and won't answer any PM's about it?

He lost the ebay case and we still paid him the $500 out of the wish to put it to rest now this?

Users who are viewing this thread