your job.? Like it or hate it?

Kiohtee

Established Member
I honestly like mine, but I've only been there for a little more than a week. I can say it is a lot better than the drag I call my previous job.

12hr shifts do tend to get a little rough though. The days off thanks to a rotating schedule make it worth it however.

pohnjarker

Established Member
for the first time i can say i like my job. plenty of room for learning and although im a contractor in Afghanistan, i will have no problem getting a job in the states once i return home.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Love mine as well. Especially my 4-day work week. It's nice having Fridays off, giving me a 3-day weekend every week. :)

onewickedstang

Established Member
We've got an ongoing joke at work that its purgatory. You have to work here an undetermined amount of time to right your wrongs before a better job or opportunity comes your way. I've been in almost 7 years.

Sent from a secure underground Government facility.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Love it.

Pay is good, benefits trump anything I've ever seen, and my co-workers are lots of fun.

coposrv

Established Member
Both. Long days, 14-16 hrs long and unexpected travel when were busy. We get payed well for it however. My boss is a jack wagon but a good guy. lot of freedom and opportunity to move up.

usafimj

Established Member
I like my job in the military being an aircraft mechanic. Always going somewhere different, meeting new people every couple of years, pay is good.

I hate my job cuz I'm always gone, have to make new friends every couple of years, working on the flightline grind is getting tiring.

Just want a job where what I do constantly makes/contributes to something better than fixing planes with no reward. Only time it makes a difference is when we're deployed.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
I like my job but it's not where I want to be. I am continually doing what I can to move up and take on more responsibility in hopes of reaching the goals I've set forth for myself.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I'm to a point where I don't see it as a job. Guess that's a good thing I forget I get payed. Lol. Pay is increasing as well. I'm happy with it. But I also want to learn and expand my career so I'm going to be looking for another company.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
My job is ok. It pays well for what I do and is rather easy.

I do wish I had a more challenging job, but this one is an excellent stepping stone to success.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i work at the family business so the people i work with are great. pay is very good for what i do(i guess working with family has some benefits). i have plenty of room to grow and could be the #1 one day if i keep at it, oh and health/dental are covered very nicely.

100% different from when i worked as a technician which was really stressful and fast paced.

only thing i hate is the commute, up to 2 hrs(bad traffic) each way is pretty terrible. oh and when family is fighting can be a real pain to get things done.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
My job revolves around our project bid schedule - if I'm slammed with a bunch of projects with close proximity bid dates, it can suck. If they're spread out, or if we accumulate a nice backlog of work, things can get slow and I have more downtime at work. It also tends to get a little slow around the holidays, which is why I typically save at least a weeks vacation for between Xmas and New Years.

Will have 2+ weeks off this year, starting next Tuesday!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I work for the family business and it can be extremely frustrating, definitely a love/hate thing...slowly making progress on fixing the things that make me hate it

ridenfish39

Established Member
I used to like mine, but over the last few years everyone wants everything right now, done perfect, and they want it for next to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread