Your GT500 Wish List!

ShakeNBake

Established Member
As i'm counting down the days for my 500. I've made a list of Parts i'd like to add down the road. Heres Mine! I'd like to also see you're guys lists

Cooling:
-----------------------------------------------------
Moroso Coolant Expansion Tank (Black Powdercoat)
Moroso Intercooler Reservoir Tank (Black Powdercoat)
Reische Performance 170deg Thermostat
AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Fans
Kincaid Stage II Killer Chiller
Suspension:
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Upper Control Arms
BMR Panhard Bar
Eibach Sportlines
Engine:
SCT X3 Tuner W/ Custom John Lund Tune
JLT 127mm Intake
PosiPerformance Race Port
Metco 2.60 Auxiliary Idler & Supercharger Pulley Kit
Innovators West Overdrive Balancer w/Belt
ARH 2" Longtube Headers w/ 3" Off Road X-pipe
Corsa Touring Axle Back

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Some suggestions for you.

You won't need both the killer chiller and the AFCO HE. Most people delete the HE when using a killer chiller.

Either choose the Revan HE (over AFCO) or the KC, but not both.

Unless you are planning on making over 800 RWHP, the 2" primary tubes of the headers are going to kill your low end torque. I would opt for the 1 7/8" or even the 1 3/4" primaries if you are going to stay under 700 rwhp.

ShakeNBake

Established Member
Some suggestions for you.

You won't need both the killer chiller and the AFCO HE. Most people delete the HE when using a killer chiller.

Either choose the Revan HE (over AFCO) or the KC, but not both.

Unless you are planning on making over 800 RWHP, the 2" primary tubes of the headers are going to kill your low end torque. I would opt for the 1 7/8" or even the 1 3/4" primaries if you are going to stay under 700 rwhp.

Why can't i use both the KC and Afco HE? excuss me if i'm wrong but isn't always better to have the coldest AITs possible?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Why can't i use both the KC and Afco HE? excuss me if i'm wrong but isn't always better to have the coldest AITs possible?

Let's assume the outside ambient temps are 20*F higher than the KC cooled fluid in the intercooler system. The HE will actually raise the temps in the system, not lower them. This is why people normally delete the HE when using the KC.

The HE can only attempt to regulate fluid temps at ambient air temps, but no lower. Assuming you have 50*F KC fluid contacting a 70*F surface in the HE, the HE will actually warm the fluid, not cool it further.

The KC system will regulate fluid temps much lower than ambient.

Last edited:

ShakeNBake

Established Member
Let's assume the outside ambient temps are 20*F higher than the KC cooled fluid in the intercooler system. The HE will actually raise the temps in the system, not lower them. This is why people normally delete the HE when using the KC.

The HE can only attempt to regulate fluid temps at ambient air temps, but no lower. Assuming you have 50*F KC fluid contacting a 70*F surface in the HE, the HE will actually warm the fluid, not cool it further.

The KC system will regulate fluid temps much lower than ambient.

So what would you recommend I do? Go with the KC or the HE?

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
You can also pick up a larger H/E for the extra fluid capacity. Make a block off plate out of lexan to stick on the H/E. Now if you ever have an issue with the KC or A/C you can remove the lexan cover and still have a fully functioning system in place. The KC system is bitchen on a really hot day but if it's already 50* outside a good H/E would be just as good. Vans kit with fans better!

ShakeNBake

Established Member
You can also pick up a larger H/E for the extra fluid capacity. Make a block off plate out of lexan to stick on the H/E. Now if you ever have an issue with the KC or A/C you can remove the lexan cover and still have a fully functioning system in place. The KC system is bitchen on a really hot day but if it's already 50* outside a good H/E would be just as good. Vans kit with fans better!

Right now i live in jersey and at times we can see 100*F in mid summer. if I'm not mistaken doesn't the KC activate by a switch? if so wouldn't it be worth it to just flip it on those killer days on the track? while running the H/E

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Right now i live in jersey and at times we can see 100*F in mid summer. if I'm not mistaken doesn't the KC activate by a switch? if so wouldn't it be worth it to just flip it on those killer days on the track? while running the H/E

It's basically a second coil plumbed into your A/C system. So it's always working and only working when your A/C is on. It has the ability to get I/C temps down to 50*-60*. So if was 100* out your H/E would now be working to heat the coolant back up. This is why some people ditch the H/E all together. I was just saying keep it but make something to cover the fins of the H/E. Lexan works great, some guys have even plumbed a bypass valve into their I/C coolant system so the could bypass the H/E while using it and use the H/E when they don't want or need to use the A/C. For example if your out on a night cruising and ambient temps are 40* you might not want to run your A/C and your H/E will work great at keeping temps down.

Users who are viewing this thread