Your favorite Achievements!

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Were you a barracks rat by any chance? Where did you go to while in Germany?

I had the rolling stone bug and still do. I went to Germany, east Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, France, in my 3.5 years at Garlstedt Germany as part of 2nd Armored Division. I loved it. I met a young man getting conscripted to serve in the Bundeswehr. His dad owned a cattle farm and a gasthaus. I would work cleaning out stalls and moving cow to the farmers market for free beer, food, and games of chess at the gasthaus.
No wasn't a barracks rat bounced around a lot can't remember much was always blacked out. 2nd AD huh ur old school then I heard stories about that unit while i was there. My platoon SGT was also with 3RD AD back in the day. Not a huge fan of Germany weather sucks everything was crazy $$ crazy winters nahh im good bro

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Not a huge fan of Germany weather sucks everything was crazy $$ crazy winters nahh im good bro

LMAO!! From 05 to 07 I was on an unaccompanied tour. My second wife came out to visit during December. She couldn't believe how much snow there was. She hates the cold too LOL. She thought we were snowed in as she didn't realize how well the German's clear the roads.

Her reaction to the snow was priceless....

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Probably the most important position I've held and the one I'm most proud of was being a team leader, but also when I was stand-in squad leader for RTT while on post in the wire. RTT is the primary react force to secure or retake nuclear weapons if there are any incidents, be it on-site and off-site. They are the only ones tasked with going after the materials and taking full custody during an incident.

Security alerts happen fairly often for various things, and while you know it's likely something unintentional or natural phenomenon, you always treat is as a threat, for obvious reasons. So being the one that's standing in the control room full of tv monitors with dozens of cameras and then to be given the order by the OOD to deploy your team to a structure because the info the OOD has at that point leads him to believe it necessitates your team retake that structure is pretty heavy in the moment because you ultimately don't know what you are going into. You're there to find out what it is and take care of it if need be and that's the exhilarating part. In hindsight, they're always basically just another drill, but in everyone's head at that moment there's no difference between a false alarm and a real threat until it's been cleared.

It takes a lot of hard work just to get onto the team and get through the schools that allow you to perform the job, and then to only be a corporal leading a squad comprised of just corporals and lance corporals to secure nuclear weapons is a pretty cool achievement imo.

Users who are viewing this thread